Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tebow gets Tebowed!

Default Tebow gets Tebowed!

This is my favorite story from today's NFL action. The Detroit Lions manhandled the Denver Broncos today.

I'm glad it's happening to the Donks, but I hate to see Tebow getting creamed like that. Of course he has a guaranteed $8 mil for this season. I hope he's not stupid and invests it wisely. He won't be in the NFL too long.

It just shows that this team has made a lot of mistakes over the past 5 years (we made several ourselves), and it will take them several years to dig out of it. Next up..... Watching Oakland dig out of the hole they've put themselves in. Pretty high salary base, no draft picks to speak of for 2 years, some holes that need filled, and some potential QB issues this year and next. :o)

Well if their offensive line is that porous, that's good news for Hali and Houston, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Five starts is just way too few for me to place a label on him.
    But many of the talking heads have already labeled him as the savior does nothing but win. Well the win week before last week was in spite of him not because of him did you see the TD pass the the reciever layed out and caught the back of the ball?

I don't get how he is being tried as a veteran.

The guy has all of four, or five, starts in his career. Don't most 1st round QBs get a little leeway for a season, or two of starting?

But, on the other hand, I find it absolutely fitting that the Denver fans, who were so critical of Orton, even when he was leading The NFL in just about every passing statistic, last season, and now are telling us how nothing is Tebow's fault, because the team around him is garbage.

changed their minds. they want T bones head on a stick now
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

I don't know about ESPN's numbers, but, even considering how poorly he played yesterday, his QB Rating (75.1) is still right on par with Kyle Orton (who was destroying everybody, statistically, last year) and is not far behind Joe Flacco and Matt Ryan, and ahead of Josh Freeman and Sam Bradford.
    Did you watch yesterday's game? I watched every play. Here is his stat line: 18/37 for 172 yds. 4.4 yds per attempt. 1 TD 1 INT 56.8 passer rating. 7 sacks. Many of those were because he just held on to the ball too long. ESPN QB rating of 3.4!

Most of his pass attempts over 10 yds were way off target. His foot work was dreadful, his stance and throwing motion were bad and he looked like he didn't know what to do. and remember this is against a pretty bad Lions backfield. When he panicked and tried to run the ball the defense (who has a very good front 7) was usually there to meet him at or near the line of scrimmage.

I think that the hype around him has really fueled the flames against him.

And, being a Bronco explains the extra spite from Chiefs fans.
    I agree and it is really unfair to him. He was way over-hyped coming into the NFL and expectations have been wildly unrealistic.

I do realize that some true rookies are playing very well this season. But, historically, many of the best QBs of all time have struggled for a couple of years before "getting their act together".

Basically, the loss of McDaniel there, has decimated that offense. They were on fire with McDaniel, and have steadily drifted toward complete worthlessness since they fired him.

But I think that is to be expected when you change the offense like that.
    I agree with you and it's not all his fault, for sure. The line has been bad, there has been little run support and Denver Keeps getting rid of it's best WRs named Brandon (Marshall, Loyd)

He performed pretty average (82.1 QB Rating) in his limited time in 2010. I will need more time to see if he is capable making the NFL adjustment, or not.

Five starts is just way too few for me to place a label on him.
    Only time will tell. He has his work cut out for him this year. Good coaching might be able to correct some of his mechanics. The decision making is something that some QBs can learn and some can't.

Listen, I like Tebow, the person, a lot. He's a devout Christian, with good morals, good character a strong work ethic and a high desire to win. If anyone has the "will" to get better, it's him.

But my admiration and respect for him doesn't change the fact that, right now, he is one of the worst QBs in the NFL. The Broncos appear to be committed to him for the remainder of the season and 5 games is too little to get a good read on him, so we will see how he progresses.

I'm rooting for him as long as he doesn't beat the Chiefs!
    Last edited by TopekaRoy; 10-31-2011 at 06:46 PM.

I read one article today that said Fox set up Tebow to lose. Such as taking him out of the spread and calling passing plays on third and short.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    But many of the talking heads have already labeled him as the savior does nothing but win. Well the win week before last week was in spite of him not because of him did you see the TD pass the the reciever layed out and caught the back of the ball?
    There it is. There is a whole lot over reaction to the over-hyping.

Not to point fingers. I enjoyed yesterday for the same reason, to a degree.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Did you watch yesterday's game? I watched every play. Here is his stat line: 18/37 for 172 yds. 4.4 yds per attempt. 1 TD 1 INT 56.8 passer rating. 7 sacks. Many of those were because he just held on to the ball too long. ESPN QB rating of 3.4!

Most of his pass attempts over 10 yds were way off target. His foot work was dreadful, his stance and throwing motion were bad and he looked like he didn't know what to do. and remember this is against a pretty bad Lions backfield. When he panicked and tried to run the ball the defense (who has a very good front 7) was usually there to meet him at or near the line of scrimmage.
    The one factor that all-but nullifies all of that is that it was one game.

Nevermind that the rest of the offense is in disarray. It was just one game. And only five career starts.

He might well never amount to anything. But I never seen so many people (especially outside the division rivals) who were in such a big hurry to label a guy a bust.

I hope he has a long, successful career....

...once he is traded to The NFC.

Nice Kid, but you know they are going to start calling him Teablow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12