Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tebow gets Tebowed!

Hybrid View

Default Tebow gets Tebowed!

This is my favorite story from today's NFL action. The Detroit Lions manhandled the Denver Broncos today.

HAHA Thats Awesome!

Last edited by Coach; 10-30-2011 at 08:49 PM.

Tebow got sacked 7 times today. I hope the Tebow experiment lasts as long as possible. At least thru the end of this season.

That's funny, but I never got why so many people hate Tebow he seems like a nice kid.

Tim Tebow. All he does is win .... except when he loses!

I was watching the game at a sports bar with my friend Greg and a couple of other Bronco fans. About halfway through the 3rd quarter, I said "They need to protect their starting quarterback. PUT ORTON IN THE GAME! Maybe he can provide a spark.'" There was much laughter, followed by much talk about how badly the guys around Tebow were playing. Some of the Tebow fans refuse to believe he is not a good QB, no matter how many bad passes he throws. I found it quite amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Tim Tebow. All he does is win .... except when he loses!

I was watching the game at a sports bar with my friend Greg and a couple of other Bronco fans. About halfway through the 3rd quarter, I said "They need to protect their starting quarterback. PUT ORTON IN THE GAME! Maybe he can provide a spark.'" There was much laughter, followed by much talk about how badly the guys around Tebow were playing. Some of the Tebow fans refuse to believe he is not a good QB, no matter how many bad passes he throws. I found it quite amusing.
    I don't get how he is being tried as a veteran.

The guy has all of four, or five, starts in his career. Don't most 1st round QBs get a little leeway for a season, or two of starting?

But, on the other hand, I find it absolutely fitting that the Denver fans, who were so critical of Orton, even when he was leading The NFL in just about every passing statistic, last season, and now are telling us how nothing is Tebow's fault, because the team around him is garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I don't get how he is being tried as a veteran.

The guy has all of four, or five, starts in his career. Don't most 1st round QBs get a little leeway for a season, or two of starting?

But, on the other hand, I find it absolutely fitting that the Denver fans, who were so critical of Orton, even when he was leading The NFL in just about every passing statistic, last season, and now are telling us how nothing is Tebow's fault, because the team around him is garbage.

He has only started 5 games but this is 2nd year in the league. Other true rookies have played much better than him already, with almost no preseason. His last 2 weeks ESPN total QB ratings were 16.4 and 3.4 (50.0 is average.) He's the lowest rated QB (35th) in the NFL right now.

Sure, his decision making will get better and he should marginally improve as he gets more experience, but he has a long way to go to even get to a little below average. Anyone expecting him to be a great QB is going to be disappointed,

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    He has only started 5 games but this is 2nd year in the league. Other true rookies have played much better than him already, with almost no preseason. His last 2 weeks ESPN total QB ratings were 16.4 and 3.4 (50.0 is average.) He's the lowest rated QB (35th) in the NFL right now.

Sure, his decision making will get better and he should marginally improve as he gets more experience, but he has a long way to go to even get to a little below average. Anyone expecting him to be a great QB is going to be disappointed,
    I don't know about ESPN's numbers, but, even considering how poorly he played yesterday, his QB Rating (75.1) is still right on par with Kyle Orton (who was destroying everybody, statistically, last year) and is not far behind Joe Flacco and Matt Ryan, and ahead of Josh Freeman and Sam Bradford.

I think that the hype around him has really fueled the flames against him.

And, being a Bronco explains the extra spite from Chiefs fans.

I do realize that some true rookies are playing very well this season. But, historically, many of the best QBs of all time have struggled for a couple of years before "getting their act together".

Basically, the loss of McDaniel there, has decimated that offense. They were on fire with McDaniel, and have steadily drifted toward complete worthlessness since they fired him.

But I think that is to be expected when you change the offense like that.

He performed pretty average (82.1 QB Rating) in his limited time in 2010. I will need more time to see if he is capable making the NFL adjustment, or not.

Five starts is just way too few for me to place a label on him.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Five starts is just way too few for me to place a label on him.
    But many of the talking heads have already labeled him as the savior does nothing but win. Well the win week before last week was in spite of him not because of him did you see the TD pass the the reciever layed out and caught the back of the ball?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast