Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A few observations and questions

Default A few observations and questions

Observations:Our defense looked sick last night until they got wore out. I am so impressed with Kendrick Lewis I truly believe he is even better then Berry (except for stuffing the run Berry is monster at that). I can't believe we picked this kid up in the fifth round he is a beast.

Jackie Battle love that guy he has really stepped his game up when JC gets healthy our run game will be rediculous.

When Cassel had good protection he had laser accuracy, hitting his WR's right in the numbers.

Questions: Was the ball super slippery or what? because Cassell hit Baldwin in the hands like 5 times and it just bounced off. I mean what gives he hit him perfectly.

Why do we try to run Mccluster who's five foot 6 a buck and half up the gut only to lose yardage? Shouldn't we use Mccluster the same way we used Dante Hall get him in space. That means punt/kick returns and quick passes and pitches.

p.s. The reason to strap him to the plywood is to force him to use his hands.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    I hope Baldwin is strapped to a piece of plywood, standing up in the middle of the field all this week, and has balls thrown at his fingertips 12 hours a day. Further, for every ball he drops, he gets hosed with ice cold water. It will cure him...or kill him, but either way he has got to stop dropping passes.

Also why are we so good on third and long but not so much on the 1st and 2nd down

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    "It puts the ball in the hands or it gets the hose again."

Cassel was fantastic. Whoever called the 2nd and 3rd quarters needs fired-or a swift kick in the @$$. This could have been a blowout for us if we kept marching down the field. The Dolts defense is poor and it was us going into a prevent offense that almost cost us the game. Our D did everything they could, but were just plain spent on the last Dolt drive of regulation.
    I don't think they play-calling was the big problem.

I mean, 2nd and 23, and we ran back-to-back draws. That wasn't real impressive.

But there wer a lot of penalties, dropped passes, and sacks that were far more costly, in my opinion.

"It puts the ball in the hands or it gets the hose again."

I hope Baldwin is strapped to a piece of plywood, standing up in the middle of the field all this week, and has balls thrown at his fingertips 12 hours a day. Further, for every ball he drops, he gets hosed with ice cold water. It will cure him...or kill him, but either way he has got to stop dropping passes.
    There were a couple of throws where Baldwin just flat out let the ball go thru his hands (see Cassel's 1st INT). But some of the "drops" I think are just him adjusting to NFL defensive talent. He's been running his routes good enough to get thrown to and that's a start.

Now he's got to go thru the Bowe school of re-conditioning to learn to use his hands and not his body to catch the ball. To me Bowe was doing the exact same thing in his 2nd and 3rd year so just think, in a year or two we could have not just one but two stud receivers!

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    But I do have to say that we almost gave that game away. We came out strong, and then let them hang around, and it almost bit us in the butt.

We have to remember this is phillip Rivers. As much as we dislike or hate him he is one of the top quarterbacks in the NFL. When he is on his game he can be unstopable as he showed last night. Cassel also played at the top of his game, he played smart and had Great accuracy. They were on the 15 yard line, shoulda kicked it, game over but Norv Turner chose to keep going. Thank you Norv and Rivers. But in the end in overtime it was the defense, Cassel and the Chiefs as a whole who won this game. And it was freaking AWESOME!

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    There were a couple of throws where Baldwin just flat out let the ball go thru his hands (see Cassel's 1st INT). But some of the "drops" I think are just him adjusting to NFL defensive talent. He's been running his routes good enough to get thrown to and that's a start.

Now he's got to go thru the Bowe school of re-conditioning to learn to use his hands and not his body to catch the ball. To me Bowe was doing the exact same thing in his 2nd and 3rd year so just think, in a year or two we could have not just one but two stud receivers!
    Does anybody remember why Baldwin missed the beginning of the season? It had some thing to do with an injury to one of his hands, I think.

I wonder if he is still suffering from some of the lingering effects of a broken thumb and maybe he is not at full strength in that hand or maybe he is trying to avoid direct contact between the thumb and football. That's the only explanation I can see for some of those drops.

I broke my thumb in 1982 and it took a long time before I had full gripping strength in that hand. I needed surgery because the break was right at a joint so I don't know if his injury is comparable to mine or not. But hopefully as his hand continues to heal, the drops will be fewer and farther between.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Does anybody remember why Baldwin missed the beginning of the season? It had some thing to do with an injury to one of his hands, I think.

I wonder if he is still suffering from some of the lingering effects of a broken thumb and maybe he is not at full strength in that hand or maybe he is trying to avoid direct contact between the thumb and football. That's the only explanation I can see for some of those drops.

I broke my thumb in 1982 and it took a long time before I had full gripping strength in that hand. I needed surgery because the break was right at a joint so I don't know if his injury is comparable to mine or not. But hopefully as his hand continues to heal, the drops will be fewer and farther between.
    That's a good point. I was trying to crap on the guy I know he's a rookie just wondered why he dropped them when they were right in his hands

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast