Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A few observations and questions

Default A few observations and questions

Observations:Our defense looked sick last night until they got wore out. I am so impressed with Kendrick Lewis I truly believe he is even better then Berry (except for stuffing the run Berry is monster at that). I can't believe we picked this kid up in the fifth round he is a beast.

Jackie Battle love that guy he has really stepped his game up when JC gets healthy our run game will be rediculous.

When Cassel had good protection he had laser accuracy, hitting his WR's right in the numbers.

Questions: Was the ball super slippery or what? because Cassell hit Baldwin in the hands like 5 times and it just bounced off. I mean what gives he hit him perfectly.

Why do we try to run Mccluster who's five foot 6 a buck and half up the gut only to lose yardage? Shouldn't we use Mccluster the same way we used Dante Hall get him in space. That means punt/kick returns and quick passes and pitches.

Cassell's performance was near flawless, in my opinion, aside from a couple of miscues.

I think Cassell's performance along with the play of the defense was the reason we won last night.

Wide receivers need to understand that this is the NFL and if they can't bring in passes that his them in the hands then go play for some two bit minor league team. That really frustrated me. Of course a couple of the SD receivers had the same issue.

In all it was a great fourth in a row win!

Oh, and when we did get McCluster the ball in space he did nothing....but get first downs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Oh, and when we did get McCluster the ball in space he did nothing....but get first downs.
    Yup when he's in space he makes guys look stupid. That's what he's good, don't try to make him a run between the tackles guy he's a 2 yard toss and go type guy.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Yup when he's in space he makes guys look stupid. That's what he's good, don't try to make him a run between the tackles guy he's a 2 yard toss and go type guy.
    Truth!

Cassel's accuracy was as good as I've ever seen it. A lot of drops on Baldwin and Bowe's part kept him from an even better day.

McCluster does need the ball in space...Handoffs up the gut aren't going to do it. It's like he's playing two-hand touch out there.

The defense is awesome though. I wish someone outside of Hali could get some pressure going, but Hali was an absolute monster, as usual.

"I haven't had one in years," Rivers said of the fumbled snap. "It's unfortunate. I dropped it. This one is rough. You blow it on a play that never should have happened."

That whiney POS is talking about the offensive interference pass against them. If that was called against us all the "analysts" wouldn't be talking about it and sticking up for us like they are the Dolts. There was a push off by the receiver(offensive pass interference), then the defender grabbed the arm to keep from falling down from the O interference. Right call and Rivers is a whiney beatch.

Cassel was fantastic. Whoever called the 2nd and 3rd quarters needs fired-or a swift kick in the @$$. This could have been a blowout for us if we kept marching down the field. The Dolts defense is poor and it was us going into a prevent offense that almost cost us the game. Our D did everything they could, but were just plain spent on the last Dolt drive of regulation.

Yeah Pressure was my only disappointment to that game.

Before the game, I mentioned the Key to winning was to put pressure on Rivers, and frustrate him. He get's flustered, starts yelling at his team, and can't lead the offense....

We didn't get good pressure on him until very late in the game. If we could have rattled him early, and continued to all 4 qtrs (like last years Monday night game), we could have put that game away long before overtime.

We did a lot of really good things (I agree that I am impressed with Lewis's Play recently as well, and DJ is just becoming a Beast) But I do have to say that we almost gave that game away. We came out strong, and then let them hang around, and it almost bit us in the butt. Thank you to Rivers, gift wrapping us a highly unlikely turnover, or we would have lost that game.

I am glad to see us show flashes here and there, throughout the games, but we will have to start putting it together for an entire game. Not just parts of it. When we get to the stretch of GB, PIT, NE, CHI, and NY we wont be able to let those teams hang around... They don't make the stupid mistakes that Oakland and San Diego do, so we will need to be on the top of our game.

I am confident we will get a few wins in that stretch, but I am just hoping we can put it all together for an entire game, not just the 1st qtr, or the 2nd half, an entire game.

I hope Baldwin is strapped to a piece of plywood, standing up in the middle of the field all this week, and has balls thrown at his fingertips 12 hours a day. Further, for every ball he drops, he gets hosed with ice cold water. It will cure him...or kill him, but either way he has got to stop dropping passes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast