Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Chiefs fortunate or getting better.

Default Chiefs fortunate or getting better.

After the Chiefs started out 0-3. Why are they now tied for the division lead? Are they getting better or lucky. Let's look at the last 3 games.

1. Colts a horrible..... horrible team that has given up.

2.Raiders- a team that the Chiefs caught in transition at QB and injured at other key positions

3. Chargers- butter fingers, very lucky at the end....but Chiefs capitalized

One element that has vastly improved is the ......gasp....Chiefs D. Bottom line, the Chiefs have improved and have caught some breaks. Problem is that after Miami, Chiefs will face a guatlent and will need more than luck and more production from their O. I give Haley credit for keeping the team focused and now believing.

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Sounds like you're looking for an excuse to say they suck. The offense has done a complete turn around and the defense has stepped up big time.

6 interceptions against the Raiders is not luck.
    Holding the Chargers to 4 FGs is not luck.
    17 point comeback win is not luck.
    4 game win streak is not luck.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

They are tied because at the end of the game, they scored more points. It doesn't get simpler than that. The two losses at the beginning of the year were to good teams that weren't good last year.

As far as San Diego, I think a lot of reporters pick them to be good because at the end of the year, they can say "who would have thought that blah blah blah and San Diego dissapoints again.

Odd insert: I don't like Phillip Rivers. He is the new John Elway of the AFC West..........cry me a Rivers.

PS: he should quit eating butter sandwiches in the huddle.

What I am saying is that the Chiefs are getting better and are also taking advantage of some good fortune. You believe I am saying they "suck" because your looking through red&yellow glasses and I am a Raiders fan.

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    Sounds like you're looking for an excuse to say they suck. The offense has done a complete turn around and the defense has stepped up big time.
    The offense has improved a lot since the first couple of games, I don't think anyone doubts that. I do agree with Yoda though, in that they need to produce more and be more consistent. They need to find a way to keep that momentum going like they had in the first quarter on Monday. The second and third quarters were pretty bad on that side of the ball; the defense really saved us there. I'm kind of afraid of what will happen if we hit an offensive slump like that against some of the better teams where it will be much more difficult on the D alone to keep us in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    What I am saying is that the Chiefs are getting better and are also taking advantage of some good fortune. You believe I am saying they "suck" because your looking through red&yellow glasses and I am a Raiders fan.
    I always think about the scenario, not giving too much credit to my obvious feelings about my team. If that would be the case, I pretend to win every game, and if it doesn't, it would be just bud luck. But it isn't that way.

Those 3 games as units, I can agree with you, but as a whole, it can't be just luck. And also, a lot of teams (Miami, Denver, long etc.) wouldn't take that opportunities to win.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Your right they have had some good luck this year

BUT

They are also getting better in spite of losing 3 key parts of there team. Not having there first round pick for the first few games of the season. There like every other team they have had some good luck but they also have there own share of bad fortune.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I think in the last game it is a combination of both. It was just being great on defense that kept one of the higher scoring teams from getting touchdowns to give us a chance at the end plus the Rivers fumble. If they hadn't tried to run the clock down and sent the FG team on. If Rivers had made the simple grab from center. If one of their guys would have jumped on the ball... I'll let whiny beatch Rivers tearfully give the what-ifs. Fact is we were in a position to win because our defense played well enough to keep it close and our offense scored enough to keep it tied. Yeah the fumble helped, but it was solid play that made that turnover so important.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Your right they have had some good luck this year

BUT

They are also getting better in spite of losing 3 key parts of there team. Not having there first round pick for the first few games of the season. There like every other team they have had some good luck but they also have there own share of bad fortune.
    For example, the Raiders "lucked out" in that a down and out Denver is in town this weekend. This should Palmer break in and warm up. Raiders need to take advantage of this good fortune and get better. Especially with a Chargers game on a short week coming up.

(Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast