Thread: Week-by-week predictions? Why not!

Default Week-by-week predictions? Why not!

I'm bored at work, so I figure I figure with the knowledge of seeing the teams after a few weeks to see what they're all about, maybe now I can get a good analysis of what the Chiefs chances are for the rest of the season. First 4 weeks are already done so I'll start if off with the Jags!

Chiefs vs Jags(home)- W 17-10
    The Jags defense is very very good, however, they have questionable run defense. As many have stated, you can no longer cover one area and play relaxed in the other against our offense. As far as the Jags offense goes, it has performed kind of well, but I just don't see great talented receivers for Gerrard to hit. Taylor should do some damage, but I think we can stop him.

Chiefs vs Bengals(home)- W 31-28
    This is gonna be an old-fashioned shoot out. I know the Chiefs defense is good, but this will easily be the best offense it's faced, and will be it's first real test. Luckily for the Chiefs, the Bengals have absolutely no defense whatsoever. If the defense stops them even a few times, we should win this.

Chiefs vs Raiders(away)- L 14-17
    I know I'm gonna get killed for this, but sorry guys! The Raiders look like a much better team this year, even if they haven't played the best opponents. It'll be a close and low-scoring game like always, but I just have a bad feeling they'll come out on top.

Chiefs vs Packers(home)- L 24-28
    Brett Favre has never beaten the Chiefs in his career, but this team looks as good as any Packer team I've seen so far. Favre is dishing out to all of his receivers, and no team has been able to stop him so far. The only weakness on offense I see is the running game, but Favre has even admitted it, but it doesn't seem to stop him. Their defense is very good as well all-around. We should score on it, but I just don't know if the defense will be able to stop Favre.

Chiefs vs Broncos(home)- W 24-14
    The Broncos have shown me absolutely nothing. I don't see any reason why the Chiefs can't beat them here. The Bronco defense is not very good at all, and the offense is very turnover-happy and at bad times. Not a good combination.

Chiefs vs Colts(away)- L 28-14
    Yes, the Colts will beat us, it may be close for awhile, but I just can't see any way for us to win up in there stadium.

Chiefs vs Raiders(home)- W 28-10
    Raiders are coming to our place for the first time this year after they beat us for the first time in years, nuff said.

Chiefs vs Chargers(home)- W 21-17
    Yes, this game will be much closer than the one out in San Diego. Why? Really, it depends on Norv, if he figures out that he actually has a good team and stops screwing things up, then it'll be a very close game, but we should still win.

Chiefs vs Broncos(away)- W 14-10
    The Chiefs haven't won out in Denver in years, but that's changing this year. Unless Denver shows me something between now and then, I have no reason to think we can't win.

Chiefs vs Titans(home)- W 24-17
    The Titans have one of the better running games in the NFL with the help of Vince Young, but I don't think they'll have the passing attack to beat us. Their defense is good, but it won't be enough.

Chiefs vs Lions(away)- W 28-24
    The Lions are a very underrated team. It's amazing how much they've improved, especially on offense. Their defense is still not very good, but their offense can score on any drive. It's gonna be a close shoot out that I think we can win, but really it could go either way.

Chiefs vs Jets(away)- W 21-10
    The Jets aren't very good, Pennington has almost no talented receivers to get the ball to. Thomas Jones was a great pickup, but it won't be enough. Not the best defense either.

With the way our team has grown in just 4 weeks, especially on offense, I see no reason why we can't go 11-5. The only games I'm really worried about that I have as wins are the Jags, Bengals, Broncos(away), and Lions. We should beat everyone else soundly. Any opinions?

wow! that was way too honest....and non-byast opinions....those are not allowed here!!!! you have to either say that we are going to win all our games, or do not say anthing at all!!! ;)

I only have a few disagreements with your post.

I have the Chiefs at 12-4 with two wins against the Raiders.

Good call guy!!!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post

Good call guy!!!

Nice. This is exactly what I am hoping for. Lets hope we can pull it of!

GO CHIEFS

Wow thats a good prediction. 11-5 or 12-4 and we win the division. Its very possible for us this year. I like hte honesty on the losses even though I do not want them to happes as does everybody here.

Welcome to Arrowhead

Good call guy!!!

I was really tempted to make it a win, but just a gut feeling has them beating us. Sort of like how the Browns beat us last year and no one saw it coming.

Good call guy!!!

True the Chiefs have not lost to the faders since 02. I see us keeping up that thread this year with another sweep. Good predictions though. Way to step out on a ledge.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.