Thread: Raiders sign tj houshmandzadeh

Default Raiders sign tj houshmandzadeh

Last edited by Coach; 11-01-2011 at 05:57 PM. Reason: add photo for front page ChiefsCrowd.com

Don't really think that this is a big deal. WR is not a big need for them. This seems to be one of those pick ups that Really doesn't make that much sense to me.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

It's the raiders of course it makes no sense.

I think the logic is TJ will be a security blanket for Palmer. Mid way through the season they have rolled the dice on a new qb who will struggle with the play book and new receivers, having housh on the field will provide a sense of familiarity for him. Potential to be a good move but it be more likely 5-6 years ago.

Why not, it can't hurt to pick up a guy their two #1s is familiar with. Who knows maybe they've got something left in both of them. Or it'll be another flop move by the Raiders.

I think it was actually a good move by the Raiders. I read Hayward-Bey has 27 catches and no other WR has more than 15 for the Raiders right now. Houshmandzadeh and Palmer played great together. I hope this gives the spark for the Raiders to beat the Chargers on the Thursday night game but that same spark dies when they play the Chiefs. LOL
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Don't really think that this is a big deal. WR is not a big need for them. This seems to be one of those pick ups that Really doesn't make that much sense to me.
    This is a "Help Palmer with his adjustment" signing. He was signed for the leauge minimum. No biggie, this signing does not make or break the Raiders chances of winning the west. Which, quite frankly, has become a very tight race.

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)