Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 38 of 38

Thread: The future

  1. #1
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,106
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 26

    Default The future


    0 Not allowed!
    If this team continues to grow and improve, despite the win/loss record, I am extremely hopeful for the coming seasons.

    I can't stop thinking of how much we will gain during the 2012 offseason.

    Along with another new draft class, a year under the belt of our current rookie crop, and another free agent period, we are going to gain a top 5 pick (Erric Berry), a player who is well worth a no.1 overall pick (Charles), and a TE who well exceeded his third round draft position.

    With the emergence of Jackie Battle, partnering him with Charles could become one of the deadliest "thunder and lightning" combos that any team has seen in a long time.

    Add the receiving threat of Moeaki to Bowe, Breaston, and a rising Johnathan Baldwin, and the passing weapons will be quite formidable.

    And getting Berry back, with the way this defense has been performing, I can see this team challenging the elite teams of the league, on a regular basis.

    Add a new draft class, and the sky's the limit.

    But let's not forget that this team is in a great position to challenge for the post-season before we even get those players back.

    At this point, it would take a complete meltdown, for the rest of the season, to dampen the outlook for the future.

    Feeling pretty good about this team right now.

  2. #31
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,582
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Hali would definitely line up as a 4-3 DE, and I think Jackson and Dorsey would be better served as DTs. I don't like it though. This 3-4 D has shown potential. We just need some more situational 3-4DE's that can get to the passer. Gilberry has been able to do this in the past, but I haven't seen it from him this year. Either way, we have to have someone other than Hali that can bring pressure.
    I think Houston was drafted to get to the passer as well. I thought Sheffield was good at that as well.

    But though I'd like to see us beef up our lines in the draft, Aren't Dorsey and Jackson both first rounders?

    JB

  3. #32
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,019
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 111

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    My wonder is whether Dorsey and Jackson would be better for us if we would switch to a 4-3 (A linebacker corps of Hali-DJ-Houston). With Jackson as a 4-3 DE and Dorsey as a DT, do you think we'd get better production from them?

    I'm on whatever bandwagon gets us better in the trenches. We need OL and DL to improve our team. I would like to be seeing more of Powe on the field, too.
    I was actually thinking about posting this earlier this morning. I was thinking that if we had a DL of Hali, TJ, Dorsey, and Gilberry/Studebaker with Houston, Belcher and DJ as LBs we might be better off personnel wise. But these players would have to relearn a whole new system, and the coaches would have to shift to a system that isnt their forte.

    As a coach (I coach Marine Corps football), I personally prefer the 3-4 as it keeps the opposing offense guessing about where the pressure is coming from and you can get a lot of good match-ups. However, I have always used a 4-3 because I have only once had the personnel to run a 3-4.

  4. #33
    Member Since
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Santiago de Chile
    Posts
    262
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Gregg doesn't have physical skills, but has every bit of technique that's needed for a NT. He is mentoring Powe who, I expect, will be a beast. And also, helping our pour DL. Have you seen how he has helped in all goal line stands that we had this season?

    We need more help from ILB, DJ is not enough. I think if Siler were healthy another story would be told.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

  5. #34
    Member Since
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    794
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    My wonder is whether Dorsey and Jackson would be better for us if we would switch to a 4-3 (A linebacker corps of Hali-DJ-Houston). With Jackson as a 4-3 DE and Dorsey as a DT, do you think we'd get better production from them?

    I'm on whatever bandwagon gets us better in the trenches. We need OL and DL to improve our team. I would like to be seeing more of Powe on the field, too.
    I've wondered why we haven't seen him as much either. He needs to get the gameday experience for when Gregg is gone (Probably next year)

  6. #35
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,582
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by pojote View Post
    Gregg doesn't have physical skills, but has every bit of technique that's needed for a NT. He is mentoring Powe who, I expect, will be a beast. And also, helping our pour DL. Have you seen how he has helped in all goal line stands that we had this season?

    We need more help from ILB, DJ is not enough. I think if Siler were healthy another story would be told.
    I was very disappointed that Siler caught the contagious ACL problem we had at the beginning of the season.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    I've wondered why we haven't seen him as much either. He needs to get the gameday experience for when Gregg is gone (Probably next year)
    Someone informed me Powe has been inactive every game. (?)

  7. #36
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Location
    ALASKA
    Posts
    3,068
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    I was very disappointed that Siler caught the contagious ACL problem we had at the beginning of the season.



    Someone informed me Powe has been inactive every game. (?)
    I believe his injury was an Achilles tendon? definitely caught the injury bug!


  8. #37
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,582
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    I believe his injury was an Achilles tendon? definitely caught the injury bug!
    I thought it was an ACL, but either way, he hasn't played a down for us, and I think we're missing that.

    jb

  9. #38
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Location
    ALASKA
    Posts
    3,068
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    I thought it was an ACL, but either way, he hasn't played a down for us, and I think we're missing that.

    jb
    No doubt, along with Moeaki, Berry, and of course Charles. A lot of missing pieces.


Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Similar Threads

  1. Tyler the `future` in KC?
    By CJ25 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 02-19-2009, 08:49 AM
  2. The future is now. (kcchiefs.com)
    By sling58 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-16-2007, 09:58 PM
  3. My future husband...
    By luv in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-22-2007, 11:58 AM
  4. Future Chief?
    By YZILLA in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-11-2007, 11:21 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •