Thread: Driving 14 hours for this weekends game...

Default Driving 14 hours for this weekends game...

Hi Everyone--

My brother is a huge Chiefs fan and I unfortunately am a fan of the Dolphins. I am sorry for that. We are driving in from Winnipeg, MB Canada this weekend for Game on Sunday. We are so excited. Two other guys are coming with us because they wanted to also experience Arrowhead.

We want the whole experience and would like to do everything that makes the Chiefs experience the envy of the NFL. How could we get involved in pre game tailgating? Is there a place we could pay to participate? Is it a free for all and people mingle or is it more exclusive groups?

Thanks in advance for your help. All the guys going have previously only seen NFL games in Minnesota. We expect experience to blow us away.

Quote Originally Posted by GirddyC View Post
    Hi Everyone--

My brother is a huge Chiefs fan and I unfortunately am a fan of the Dolphins. I am sorry for that. We are driving in from Winnipeg, MB Canada this weekend for Game on Sunday. We are so excited. Two other guys are coming with us because they wanted to also experience Arrowhead.

We want the whole experience and would like to do everything that makes the Chiefs experience the envy of the NFL. How could we get involved in pre game tailgating? Is there a place we could pay to participate? Is it a free for all and people mingle or is it more exclusive groups?

Thanks in advance for your help. All the guys going have previously only seen NFL games in Minnesota. We expect experience to blow us away.
    The tailgate is usually a huge party with most people who are in larger groups seemingly unaware others are partying with them. I'd recommend bringing your own grill (if possible), some lawn chairs, and of course, alcohol. If you wear your Dolphins gear don't expect people to warm up to you that much.

If you want it to be a more social experience, pack along a parking lot game or two. Washers or Hillbilly Golf and bring a football. If you really want to get crazy bring a beer bong or something festive that makes your tailgate unique and draws people to it. It really is a big party though, especially in the reserved lots with the party busses. You can spend the whole afternoon jumping around b/cuz the parking lot is ridiculous. I've been a lot of NFL games and no tailgaters out tailgate the Chiefs, however, I am biased.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefinItUp View Post
    The tailgate is usually a huge party with most people who are in larger groups seemingly unaware others are partying with them. I'd recommend bringing your own grill (if possible), some lawn chairs, and of course, alcohol. If you wear your Dolphins gear don't expect people to warm up to you that much.

If you want it to be a more social experience, pack along a parking lot game or two. Washers or Hillbilly Golf and bring a football. If you really want to get crazy bring a beer bong or something festive that makes your tailgate unique and draws people to it. It really is a big party though, especially in the reserved lots with the party busses. You can spend the whole afternoon jumping around b/cuz the parking lot is ridiculous. I've been a lot of NFL games and no tailgaters out tailgate the Chiefs, however, I am biased.
    Thanks. How is the overall atmosphere for people cheering for the visiting team? I would have a Dolphins jersey but not being rude or annoying. It's not the Raiders at least... right?

You will be fine cheering for your team, just dont be an *** about it and no one will say anything.

You know what is going to happen don't you? You will show up and enjoy yourself so much and then watch the chiefs take your team out that you will come to realize being a Chief fan is way better than you had thought. 4 guys come to Arrowhead, 1 being a chief fan and then the chief fan goes home with 3 new chief fans! I love this game called football

All I can say is enjoy yourself no matter what team you root for but you may find it hard not to root for the chiefs. After the game they won against the chargers, Clark had to admit that the chiefs won with the fans help. I've been to a chiefs game - the fans' enthusiasm was so contageous!
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by GirddyC View Post
    Thanks. How is the overall atmosphere for people cheering for the visiting team? I would have a Dolphins jersey but not being rude or annoying. It's not the Raiders at least... right?
    just fair warning. I have seen things change the last couple years. Not as bad as the Raiders, but don't expect people to give you a hug when you lose. You can expect at least one fan to get in your face an egg you on. That is just part of disrespecting someone's home.

If you take the abuse they will go on. If you show eye contact or rebutal then others will take it upon themselves to share their disagreement.

If by any chance the Tuna's win. Just walk out, and don't egg anyone on.