Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Chiefs fortunate or getting better.

Default Chiefs fortunate or getting better.

After the Chiefs started out 0-3. Why are they now tied for the division lead? Are they getting better or lucky. Let's look at the last 3 games.

1. Colts a horrible..... horrible team that has given up.

2.Raiders- a team that the Chiefs caught in transition at QB and injured at other key positions

3. Chargers- butter fingers, very lucky at the end....but Chiefs capitalized

One element that has vastly improved is the ......gasp....Chiefs D. Bottom line, the Chiefs have improved and have caught some breaks. Problem is that after Miami, Chiefs will face a guatlent and will need more than luck and more production from their O. I give Haley credit for keeping the team focused and now believing.

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

As long as there is a "W" I am all for it!!! let them hate!!! we too have key injuries!!! to win 4 games without THREE key players that got us ten last year is big!!! Charles, Big Moe, and Berry.....come on now, and to be in first place after an 0-3 start....WOW!!! KEEP ON HATING CAUSE I AM GOING TO KEEP ON SMILING!!

like they say...people who try to bring you down only means you are above them!!! GO CHIEFS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boxermm187 View Post
    As long as there is a "W" I am all for it!!! let them hate!!! we too have key injuries!!! to win 4 games without THREE key players that got us ten last year is big!!! Charles, Big Moe, and Berry.....come on now, and to be in first place after an 0-3 start....WOW!!! KEEP ON HATING CAUSE I AM GOING TO KEEP ON SMILING!!

like they say...people who try to bring you down only means you are above them!!! GO CHIEFS!!!
    Well said.

People like to think that we are just getting lucky to win games. Even ESPN Monday night kept talking about the Chargers being hurt like we were 100% healthy the fact that this team has come back and get back in the race is amazing considering we lost our top player on offense our top player in the defenses backfield. Things are only looking up for this team
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Every team gets a little luck somewhere during a 4 game win streak. Do you think maybe it isnt a 5 game win stread because SD got lucky at home when we missed 2 FGs and a sh!tty pick by Cassel at the end of the game? Did the rest of the AFC West get some luck when Charles, Moeaki and Berry went out for the year? Dumbas$ Raider fans trying to stir sh!t up in here with these as posts....looks like someone is gonna have to put u in your place AGAIN.

PS Its not luck that your QBs are sh!t, that is your team not being ready to play. No one here was making excuses like that when we were losing, but now that we are winning it must have some luck...shut the fu#k up. I know I know....im just misreading what you are saying!!
    I'm with you I'm tired of fans of other teams coming in here and trying to stir crap up. It's not our fault the Raiders season is basically over.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    I'm with you I'm tired of fans of other teams coming in here and trying to stir crap up. It's not our fault the Raiders season is basically over.
    Sigh.....ya....both of you are a tribute to the families that spawned you. Wow

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    What I am saying is that the Chiefs are getting better and are also taking advantage of some good fortune. You believe I am saying they "suck" because your looking through red&yellow glasses and I am a Raiders fan.
    I agree; at this point I think it's a little of both. However, I think the same could be said of most teams.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 11-02-2011 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxermm187 View Post

You, too, make some very valid points. Rep!

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    I hate to say it, but I almost started this thread myself, but Yoda beat me to it. His points are perfectly valid.

I don't know what to think of this team right now. You don't beat 4 NFL teams in a row - any 4 teams - without being pretty good. With a little good luck we could have won 4 in a row, and we will probably win the next two games to go to 6-3 That's great.

Having said that, how much have the Chiefs really accomplished? The Vikings and Colts are bad teams. The Raiders were in complete disarray without their starting QB and it took a lucky fumble for us to beat the Chargers.

To be fair, the Chargers didn't lose that game because of the fumble, like everyone is saying. They just lost the opportunity to win it. There's a big difference. The Chargers had 1st possession in overtime but the Chiefs held them to 3 and out. After the punt, the Chiefs easily marched down the field to set up the game winning FG and San Diego was helpless to stop them. That tells me the Chiefs weren't just lucky. They were also the better team that night.

You can't watch the Chiefs without seeing that they are getting better every week, but how much better? The Chargers are a pretty good team, but other than them, the Chiefs really haven't been tested. We will know more after that really tough 5 game stretch.

My gut feeling is that they will win the next two games and the last 2 games. That's 8 wins. We need to win 2 games out of the 5 against the Patriots, Steelers, Bears, Jets and Packers to finish 10-6. I think they can.

Are the Chiefs lucky? Yes and No. They have had some very good and some very bad fortune. I think the bad at least balances out the good.

Are they good? Yes. How good? I don't know, yet. The Jury is still out. But I will say this. If the Chiefs go 10-6 and win the division, it won't be because they got lucky. It will be because they earned it.
    Last edited by TopekaRoy; 11-03-2011 at 12:48 AM.

I"m still waiting for that stretch of 5 games against really good teams. If for some reason we don't beat Miami and Denver i'm done for the season, there is no reason we should lose to those teams at home. But i'm waiting for that 5 game stretch before i say anything

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I hate to say it, but I almost started this thread myself, but Yoda beat me to it. His points are perfectly valid.

I don't know what to think of this team right now. You don't beat 4 NFL teams in a row - any 4 teams - without being pretty good. With a little good luck we could have won 4 in a row, and we will probably win the next two games to go to 6-3 That's great.

Having said that, how much have the Chiefs really accomplished? The Vikings and Colts are bad teams. The Raiders were in complete disarray without their starting QB and it took a lucky fumble for us to beat the Chargers.

To be fair, the Chargers didn't lose that game because of the fumble, like everyone is saying. They just lost the opportunity to win it. There's a big difference. The Chargers had 1st possession in overtime but the Chiefs held them to 3 and out. After the punt, the Chiefs easily marched down the field to set up the game winning FG and San Diego was helpless to stop them. That tells me the Chiefs weren't just lucky. They were also the better team that night.

You can't watch the Chiefs without seeing that they are getting better every week, but how much better? The Chargers are a pretty good team, but other than them, the Chiefs really haven't been tested. We will know more after that really tough 5 game stretch.

My gut feeling is that they will win the next two games and the last 2 games. That's 8 wins. We need to win 2 games out of the 5 against the Patriots, Steelers, Bears, Jets and Packers to finish 10-6. I think they can.

Are the Chiefs lucky? Yes and No. They have had some very good and some very bad fortune. I think the bad at least balances out the good.

Are they good? Yes. How good? I don't know, yet. The Jury is still out. But I will say this. If the Chiefs go 10-6 and win the division, it won't be because they got lucky. It will be because they earned it.
    ANY team in the NFL that wants to make a run, wether a great team or not, must have some luck/good fortune. That being said (and I have already said it before)....Haley has done one heck of a job keeping the troops together and focused. He has the team believing in him and his "grand plan".

But the "gauntlet" will make or break the season for the Chiefs. The Raiders went through a "gauntlet" earlier in the season. The road is not going to be easy, but definitely easier than what faces the Chiefs and Chargers.

Looks like the AFC West is back to it's old wild self again!

(Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    After the Chiefs started out 0-3. Why are they now tied for the division lead? Are they getting better or lucky. Let's look at the last 3 games.

1. Colts a horrible..... horrible team that has given up.

2.Raiders- a team that the Chiefs caught in transition at QB and injured at other key positions

3. Chargers- butter fingers, very lucky at the end....but Chiefs capitalized

One element that has vastly improved is the ......gasp....Chiefs D. Bottom line, the Chiefs have improved and have caught some breaks. Problem is that after Miami, Chiefs will face a guatlent and will need more than luck and more production from their O. I give Haley credit for keeping the team focused and now believing.
    2.Raiders- a team that the Chiefs caught in permanent transition at QB and injured at other key positions
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast