Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs fortunate or getting better.

Default Chiefs fortunate or getting better.

After the Chiefs started out 0-3. Why are they now tied for the division lead? Are they getting better or lucky. Let's look at the last 3 games.

1. Colts a horrible..... horrible team that has given up.

2.Raiders- a team that the Chiefs caught in transition at QB and injured at other key positions

3. Chargers- butter fingers, very lucky at the end....but Chiefs capitalized

One element that has vastly improved is the ......gasp....Chiefs D. Bottom line, the Chiefs have improved and have caught some breaks. Problem is that after Miami, Chiefs will face a guatlent and will need more than luck and more production from their O. I give Haley credit for keeping the team focused and now believing.

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Sigh.....ya....both of you are a tribute to the families that spawned you. Wow
    Get over yourself. U come on a Chiefs site, say they got lucky to be 4-3 and then insult peoples family when you get some backlash.... Find a faiders site so you can post with the other idiots.
    Last edited by chief31; 11-03-2011 at 06:21 PM.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Get over yourself douchebag. U come on a Chiefs site, say they got lucky to be 4-3 and then insult peoples family when you get some backlash....you are a fu*kin retard!! Find a faiders site so you can post with the other idiots.
    C - we're not getting anywhere if you keep holding back
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

After the Chiefs started out 0-3. Why are they now tied for the division lead? Are they getting better or lucky. Let's look at the last 3 games.

1. Colts a horrible..... horrible team that has given up.

Yeah, you could see that shortly after they blew a 17 point lead to the Chiefs

2.Raiders- a team that the Chiefs caught in transition at QB and injured at other key positions Raiders had a team that had injuries at key positions too....guess their running game is more hype than reality.

3. Chargers- butter fingers, very lucky at the end....but Chiefs capitalized Lucky at the end and defense owned them the rest of the game

One element that has vastly improved is the ......gasp....Chiefs D. Bottom line, the Chiefs have improved and have caught some breaks. Problem is that after Miami, Chiefs will face a guatlent and will need more than luck and more production from their O. I give Haley credit for keeping the team focused and now believing.
    Fact is we lost 2 games to some really good teams at the start of the year. Took the Chiefs longer to get going, not that we are...everyone has every excuse in the book as to why. Sure there is luck involved...same as with every team in the NFL, difference is...we keep finding a way to win, the rest just find excuses.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Better?

my prediction.

the Faiders will get T boned this week. 45-0
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Complaining about "luck" is the crybaby way of explaining a 4 game winning streak.

The TRUTH about "luck" is that it has a funny way of pretty much evening itself out. Any truly honest appraisal of almost any team at the end of a season will show that the good luck and the bad luck pretty much evened themselves out give or take a tiny bit.

We got a TON of bad "luck" at the start of the season losing Berry, Charles and Moeaki. The last 4 games we have caught a couple of breaks. Just the "luck" evening itself out a bit.

What is NOT luck is that when the Chiefs were 0-2 and had lost those 2 games 89-10 most teams would have given up, blaming a lost season on catastrophic injuries. Just like the Colts have done this year.

Haley held the team together and convinced each and every player that with just a little more effort the season could be saved and we could get back in the hunt. AND THE PLAYERS BELIEVED IT!!!

That is why we are 4-3 and in FIRST PLACE IN THE AFC WEST!!!!!

WINNERS MAKE THEIR OWN LUCK!!!!

LOSERS blame things on "Luck".

We all knew at the start of the season that we had a tough schedule. And that hasn't changed. We STILL have a tough schedule. 2 weeks from now we are going to be 6-3 and will be firmly atop the AFC West. Then we face 5 very tough games.

If we win 2 of those we will be 8-6. That would leave us with Oakland in KC and at Denver to close out the season. If we beat Oakland and go into Denver 9-6 with the playoffs on the line and controlling our own destiny then we wind up 10-6 and in the playoffs.

In the end, it will all depend on our winning 2 or preferably 3 of those 5 very tough games. We will probably need to catch a break or two in order to win 2 of those 5 games, but you can bet that if we do we'll also catch a couple of bad breaks that had they gone the other way would have perhaps made us win one of the other games.

In the end if the "luck" plays itself out pretty much even over the rest of the season we'll have a very damn good chance of winding up 10-6 or 11-5 and once again fat and happy AFC West Champions!!!!

What I am saying is that the Chiefs are getting better and are also taking advantage of some good fortune. You believe I am saying they "suck" because your looking through red&yellow glasses and I am a Raiders fan.

and your glasses are black & silver, be that as it may, the CHIEFS have been fortunate at times but their defense has stepped up. against the bolts in thier first meeting the CHIEFS caught a bad break when cassel thru that pik at the end and the bolts won. in nearly every game there are plays/calls/breaks that go one way or another and eventualy shape the outcome of that game. yes the CHIEFS have had some breaks but 4 of the pix against the raders were good defense coupled w/bad reads by the QB. in last weeks game Mclusters fumble was a bad call, his butt was CLEARLY on the ground before the ball came out so the bolts caught a lucky break but the CHIEFS still won. so both the CHIEFS are improving and have had some breaks go their way , but not all of them!!!
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

I don't know how many of you can remember our last 13-3 season with Chokenheimer. We won many of our games by the skin of our teeth and every expert would say, "They got lucky last game. They will absolutely lose the next game." Either we were the luckiest team to ever play in the NFL, or our guys found a way to win when every other team would give up. This team has the same grit. There is no luck to that. The fumble was a great break for us. But that NEVER ended the game. The dolts had another possession and we stopped them-hard. That's not luck. That is gritty, bare-knuckle football. I don't blame Yoda for saying what he is saying-it's fodder for a Traiders forum rather than here, but we have a huge upside. The Traiders have nowhere to go but down. Remember Doltwalt coming here last year and saying the same shiite everytime we won and his dolts lost?

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I hate to say it, but I almost started this thread myself, but Yoda beat me to it. His points are perfectly valid.

I don't know what to think of this team right now. You don't beat 4 NFL teams in a row - any 4 teams - without being pretty good. With a little good luck we could have won 4 in a row, and we will probably win the next two games to go to 6-3 That's great.

Having said that, how much have the Chiefs really accomplished? The Vikings and Colts are bad teams. The Raiders were in complete disarray without their starting QB and it took a lucky fumble for us to beat the Chargers.

To be fair, the Chargers didn't lose that game because of the fumble, like everyone is saying. They just lost the opportunity to win it. There's a big difference. The Chargers had 1st possession in overtime but the Chiefs held them to 3 and out. After the punt, the Chiefs easily marched down the field to set up the game winning FG and San Diego was helpless to stop them. That tells me the Chiefs weren't just lucky. They were also the better team that night.

You can't watch the Chiefs without seeing that they are getting better every week, but how much better? The Chargers are a pretty good team, but other than them, the Chiefs really haven't been tested. We will know more after that really tough 5 game stretch.

My gut feeling is that they will win the next two games and the last 2 games. That's 8 wins. We need to win 2 games out of the 5 against the Patriots, Steelers, Bears, Jets and Packers to finish 10-6. I think they can.

Are the Chiefs lucky? Yes and No. They have had some very good and some very bad fortune. I think the bad at least balances out the good.

Are they good? Yes. How good? I don't know, yet. The Jury is still out. But I will say this. If the Chiefs go 10-6 and win the division, it won't be because they got lucky. It will be because they earned it.
    Wait so you are saying the Chiefs have been getting lucky and are fortunate they haven't really been tested except for the Chargers.

Hmmmmm....... Interesting cuz you say the Chargers are a good team but lets look at the teams they've played.......

MIN 17 @ SD 24
    SD 21 @ NE 35
    KC 17 @ SD 20
    MIA 16 @ SD 26
    SD 29 @ DEN 24
    SD 21 @ NYJ 27
    SD 20 @ KC 23

The teams the Chargers have beat teams with a combined record of 4-18 not counting the Chiefs. The 2 teams the Chargers have been "tested" against, they have lost. Just like the Chiefs.

So why exactly are the Chargers a good team but the Chiefs are not? Aren't they in the same boat except for the Chiefs are on a 4 game win streak, in which to me, no team in the NFL can not be pretty good and be on a 4 game win streak.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

One good thing I must say about "Yoda"....It sure is fun kicking the crap out of him. He just needs to learn when to back off and shut up for a while. Sometimes he carries his role as "designated pot stirrer" a bit too far.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast