Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs fortunate or getting better.

Default Chiefs fortunate or getting better.

After the Chiefs started out 0-3. Why are they now tied for the division lead? Are they getting better or lucky. Let's look at the last 3 games.

1. Colts a horrible..... horrible team that has given up.

2.Raiders- a team that the Chiefs caught in transition at QB and injured at other key positions

3. Chargers- butter fingers, very lucky at the end....but Chiefs capitalized

One element that has vastly improved is the ......gasp....Chiefs D. Bottom line, the Chiefs have improved and have caught some breaks. Problem is that after Miami, Chiefs will face a guatlent and will need more than luck and more production from their O. I give Haley credit for keeping the team focused and now believing.

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Default A little help....

Power was out here Sunday night and I missed the game against the Dolts. Anyone know where I could find and watch a tape of the game on the net?

Thanks....ctchiefsfan

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Fact is we lost 2 games to some really good teams at the start of the year. Took the Chiefs longer to get going, not that we are...everyone has every excuse in the book as to why. Sure there is luck involved...same as with every team in the NFL, difference is...we keep finding a way to win, the rest just find excuses.
    This is a quote to remember, Canada saying that Buffalo is a really good team. I didn't thought this would ever happened. I have to see if the sky is falling already.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

Wow, I did not expect this...but it happened. This thread has done a great job from seperating the "homers" from the critical thinkers.

Most of you have not really tried to understand the context of my posts.

Haley has done, I will say it AGAIN, a GREAT job keeping the team focused and believing in his plan/scheme. Coupled with some luck....that every team making a run needs....and hard work...the Chiefs have clawed their way back to 1st place tie.

Now, the upcomming Miami and Denver games, the Chiefs face a VERY hard 5 game gauntlet before they face the Raiders or Chargers again. I fully expect the Chiefs to be at 6-3 after the next 2 games.
    Last edited by Yoda; 11-03-2011 at 12:20 PM.

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Wow, I did not expect this...but it happened. This thread has done a great job from seperating the "homers" from the critical thinkers.

Most of you have not really tried to understand the context of my posts.

Haley has done, I will say it AGAIN, a GREAT job keeping the team focused and bieving in his plan/scheme. Coupled with some luck....that every team making a run needs....and hard work...the Chiefs have clawed their way back to 1st place tie.

Now, the upcomming Miami and Denver games, the Chiefs face a VERY hard 5 game gauntlet before they face the Raiders again or Chargers again. I fully expect the Chiefs to be at 6-3 after the next 2 games.
    They don't play the Chargers again and I highly doubt they will until next year. I believe the only team in the AFC West that will make the playoffs is the team that wins the division.

People are homers why? Cuz a Raider fan is on here trying to bring down the Chiefs rather than just shutting up and giving them props? And YES, I am saying you posting they are getting "lucky" is trying to bring them down.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    Wait so you are saying the Chiefs have been getting lucky and are fortunate they haven't really been tested except for the Chargers.
    I think you might have a reading comprehension problem. I also said :
    Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    They have had some very good and some very bad fortune. I think the bad at least balances out the good.
    Hmmmmm....... Interesting cuz you say the Chargers are a good team ...
    No I didn't. I said they were pretty good, which is the same thing I said about the Chiefs.
    You don't beat 4 NFL teams in a row - any 4 teams - without being pretty good.

The Chargers are a pretty good team, but other than them, the Chiefs really haven't been tested.
    ...but lets look at the teams they've played.......

MIN 17 @ SD 24
    SD 21 @ NE 35
    KC 17 @ SD 20
    MIA 16 @ SD 26
    SD 29 @ DEN 24
    SD 21 @ NYJ 27
    SD 20 @ KC 23

The teams the Chargers have beat teams with a combined record of 4-18 not counting the Chiefs. The 2 teams the Chargers have been "tested" against, they have lost. Just like the Chiefs.
    So you are saying both teams are about the same - pretty good? That's what I said!

So why exactly are the Chargers a good team but the Chiefs are not?
    Please read my post again. Show me where I said the Chargers were "good" (and not pretty good) and show me where I said the Chiefs were not. I did neither such thing.

Aren't they in the same boat ...
    Yes, they are. Both teams have lost to 2 good teams, beaten 3 weak teams and split with each other. In fact, head to head, both teams scored and allowed exactly 20 points!
    except for the Chiefs are on a 4 game win streak, in which to me, no team in the NFL can not be pretty good and be on a 4 game win streak.
    I'll repeat it again, because apparently that's the key to comprehension with you.
    You don't beat 4 NFL teams in a row - any 4 teams - without being pretty good.
    Where do we disagree? What the heck are we arguing about?
    Last edited by TopekaRoy; 11-03-2011 at 12:32 PM.

Oops, I stand corrected....Chiefs don't play Chargers again. But they do play the Raiders again. : )

(Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Oops, I stand corrected....Chiefs don't play Chargers again. But they do play the Raiders again. : )
    Yes they do at arrowhead.

Where we will make that 28-0 beatdown seem like an off day for us.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I think the big difference is we started out on the bottom of the league and have climbed up to become one of the better(not top tier) teams. We have nothing but upside, even if we struggle the rest of the season-we are getting better. The Chargers are already at their peak potential and really have nowhere to go but down. Their lack of interest in the draft and FA market shows their management has no clue either. There won't be another late season rally.

Did anyone else happen to catch the tail end of Haleys presser, on Wed I believe, where he finally said we are a "good" team?

For those who watch them you will remember all of last season he would never say that about this team. As far as I know he has not stated it since he came to the organization.

ANY team in the NFL that wants to make a run, wether a great team or not, must have some luck/good fortune. That being said (and I have already said it before)....Haley has done one heck of a job keeping the troops together and focused. He has the team believing in him and his "grand plan".

But the "gauntlet" will make or break the season for the Chiefs. The Raiders went through a "gauntlet" earlier in the season. The road is not going to be easy, but definitely easier than what faces the Chiefs and Chargers.

Looks like the AFC West is back to it's old wild self again!
    I don't no if you guys went through the gauntlet quite like what we are going to have to do. But at the end of the day we do play the same people.

The one good thing about the run we have made here is that now we don't have to win all those games to have a shot. Most likely both the raiders and chargers will lose again. But to have a shot to win the afc west again starts with beating the dolphins and donkeys. We have to do that to have any shot IMO.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast