Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Chiefs fortunate or getting better.

Default Chiefs fortunate or getting better.

After the Chiefs started out 0-3. Why are they now tied for the division lead? Are they getting better or lucky. Let's look at the last 3 games.

1. Colts a horrible..... horrible team that has given up.

2.Raiders- a team that the Chiefs caught in transition at QB and injured at other key positions

3. Chargers- butter fingers, very lucky at the end....but Chiefs capitalized

One element that has vastly improved is the ......gasp....Chiefs D. Bottom line, the Chiefs have improved and have caught some breaks. Problem is that after Miami, Chiefs will face a guatlent and will need more than luck and more production from their O. I give Haley credit for keeping the team focused and now believing.

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Sigh?.......................

Dude! I understand that your trying to dog the resident Raider fan but don't make the rest of sick.

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    No disrespect taken. If you took it that way, I didn't either.

I think maybe I just have a different view of what "luck" and "being fortunate" is. I don't call Campbell and McFadden getting hurt and not playing either of those. To me, THAT'S FOOTBALL. Injuries happen. If that's the case, any games the Chiefs lose, people can say "So and so got lucky cuz Charles, Moeaki, and Berry didn't play". No, they got hurt. It happens. Now the team needs to adjust and still win games. That's why you have 2nd, 3rd, and 4th stringers. The better and smarter teams will have solid back-ups. That's what separates the good from the bad teams.

I said before the start of the season that there will be more injuries than normal. Why? Cuz it is a fact that the top 2 seasons that have had the most injuries were both followed by lockouts. So that is why I refuse to see injuries as an "excuse", being "lucky", or "fortunate".

I simply don't agree with Yoda. To me, it just flat out sounds like an excuse for the Chiefs 4 game win streak. Nothing more nothing less. So when you said you were going to post the same thing, I took it the same way I saw Yoda saying it.
    It's cool. We pretty much are in agreement. Every team has had good luck and bad luck this year. The Chiefs have probably had the worst luck of any team with injuries, but the Colts losing Manning and the Raiders losing Campbell and McFadden are pretty big blows, too. Unlike those two teams that Chiefs have done a much better job of overcoming injuries and turning things around. That;s why I think they are a good team.

Right now, I say "pretty good" because we haven't beaten any really good teams yet. Their opportunity to show how good they really are is coming soon. Until they are done with the next two games and start playing some of the elite teams, I just can't say how well they stack up.

I'm really looking forward to that tough 5 game stretch because then we will really know how good this team is and I can't wait to find out.
    Last edited by TopekaRoy; 11-03-2011 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    It's cool. We pretty much are in agreement. Every team has had good luck and bad luck this year. The Chiefs have probably had the worst luck of any team with injuries, but the Colts losing Manning and the Raiders losing Campbell and McFadden are pretty big blows, too. Unlike those two teams that Chiefs have done a much better job of overcoming injuries and turning things around. That;s why I think they are a good team.

Right now, I say "pretty good" because we haven't beaten any really good teams yet. Their opportunity to show how good they really are is coming soon. Until they are done and start playing some of the elite teams, I just can't say how well they stack up.

I'm really looking forward to that tough 5 game stretch because then we will really know how good this team is and I can't wait to find out.
    I would just like to see them win the division and/or just make the playoffs. Cuz that's all that really matters. Once you make the playoffs, everyone is 0-0 again. But I think the only team that makes the playoffs in the AFC West will be the team that wins the division. I see no reason why the Chiefs won't go at least 8-8 or 9-7. And I said after the schedules were released that the winner of the AFC West could be like the Seahawks of last year. We will have to wait and see.

The Chiefs are playing with confidence and most definitely have the ability to win 2 or 3 of those games in the so-called 5 game difficult stretch. They just need to play aggressive on offense and stay away from the conservative play calling.

Overall I believe they are playing RIGHT NOW as a good team.

I just don't want to hear any excuses from people like last year saying the Chiefs had a weak schedule cuz some of the teams that were "supposed" to be good this year weren't.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    I just don't want to hear any excuses from people like last year saying the Chiefs had a weak schedule cuz some of the teams that were "supposed" to be good this year weren't.
    Ha ha. That would be pretty funny wouldn't it? Before the season started a bunch of people were saying the Chiefs wouldn't go 10-6 because this year's schedule is so much tougher than last year's. Now those same people are saying the Chiefs are winning Because of an easy schedule!

I guess their definition of a good team is anybody that beats the Chiefs and a bad team is anyone who loses to the Chiefs!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Dude! I understand that your trying to dog the resident Raider fan but don't make the rest of sick.
    Sorry it was too funny to resist.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Sorry it was too funny to resist.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678