Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Chiefs fortunate or getting better.

Default Chiefs fortunate or getting better.

After the Chiefs started out 0-3. Why are they now tied for the division lead? Are they getting better or lucky. Let's look at the last 3 games.

1. Colts a horrible..... horrible team that has given up.

2.Raiders- a team that the Chiefs caught in transition at QB and injured at other key positions

3. Chargers- butter fingers, very lucky at the end....but Chiefs capitalized

One element that has vastly improved is the ......gasp....Chiefs D. Bottom line, the Chiefs have improved and have caught some breaks. Problem is that after Miami, Chiefs will face a guatlent and will need more than luck and more production from their O. I give Haley credit for keeping the team focused and now believing.

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    What I am saying is that the Chiefs are getting better and are also taking advantage of some good fortune. You believe I am saying they "suck" because your looking through red&yellow glasses and I am a Raiders fan.

Definetely fortunate, but definetely getting better too. Well said sir.

After the Chiefs started out 0-3. Why are they now tied for the division lead? Are they getting better or lucky. Let's look at the last 3 games.

1. Colts a horrible..... horrible team that has given up.

2.Raiders- a team that the Chiefs caught in transition at QB and injured at other key positions

3. Chargers- butter fingers, very lucky at the end....but Chiefs capitalized

One element that has vastly improved is the ......gasp....Chiefs D. Bottom line, the Chiefs have improved and have caught some breaks. Problem is that after Miami, Chiefs will face a guatlent and will need more than luck and more production from their O. I give Haley credit for keeping the team focused and now believing.
    Before the Raiders and Chargers game I'd have said luck, now I'm going to say getting better. Luck would have been a Raiders game that was 14 points or less but a shutout, that's not luck. Holding the Chargers with that many shots inside the 35, that's not luck.

Battle has become a very good RB, Baldwin is starting to be worked into the offense so D's can't double Bowe and say now what? The O-line is starting to gel and you're seeing Cassel step up into the pocket believing that it'll hold instead of running to the outside and/or throwing the ball away.

My personal thought is that this team is growing week to week and it'll be just in time to get to the "good" teams. We have Miami this week and Denver next week and then comes the gauntlet.

Every team has had injuries this year and Detroit and Buffalo are legit teams now. We thought they still sucked and they're a good team now, everyone saw the result. The Chargers game was lost by 3 points and that's a normal spread for a loss. I won't disagree with a combination of both but would say it's more getting better than the word luck.

For example, the Raiders "lucked out" in that a down and out Denver is in town this weekend. This should Palmer break in and warm up. Raiders need to take advantage of this good fortune and get better. Especially with a Chargers game on a short week coming up.
    Thats all well and good - but we don't care what the raiders do. This is a Chiefs forum.
    SHUT IT

For example, the Raiders "lucked out" in that a down and out Denver is in town this weekend. This should Palmer break in and warm up. Raiders need to take advantage of this good fortune and get better. Especially with a Chargers game on a short week coming up.
    So do the Chiefs once again "luck out" when the Broncos beat the Raiders?

That's not "luck", that's called FOOTBALL!

People get hurt. It's part of the game. The Raiders playing the Broncos this weekend is not "luck". The schedule was made well before any of the Raider injuries.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Sure, the Chiefs got lucky, but good luck is important in the game of football. Sure makes up for the terrible luck of losing three of our best players earlier. I know the offense is pretty inconsistent right now, but if the running game keeps improving, the offense should improve as a whole as the season goes on.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Every team gets a little luck somewhere during a 4 game win streak. Do you think maybe it isnt a 5 game win stread because SD got lucky at home when we missed 2 FGs and a sh!tty pick by Cassel at the end of the game? Did the rest of the AFC West get some luck when Charles, Moeaki and Berry went out for the year? Dumbas$ Raider fans trying to stir sh!t up in here with these as$inine posts....looks like someone is gonna have to put u in your place AGAIN.

PS Its not luck that your QBs are sh!t, that is your team not being ready to play. No one here was making excuses like that when we were losing, but now that we are winning it must have some luck...shut the fu#k up. I know I know....im just misreading what you are saying!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

WHile I absolutely agree that The Chiefs have had some luck, I would insist that this team has had far more bad luck, than good.

Berry, Charles, Moeaki? Lucky? Nope.

Oh... Rivers fumbled with an almost certain win in the bag, did he?

And Cassel had an incompletion ruled a fumble, after McCluster "fumbled" the ball after he was down.

Rivers made a mistake to cause that "luck", while the referees made the mistakes that caused The Chiefs' bad luck.

Were we lucky that The Raiders lost Campbell? No. We were going to victimize him too.

Were we lucky that we came back from 17-0 against The Colts? No. We outplayed them 24-0 from that point.

We have gotten some breaks. But, again, this team has been decidedly unlucky in 2011.

While I have no doubt that this team has gotten better, that doesn't mean that my confidence is high, even for these next two games.

But lucky?

No way.

My confidence is far higher this week after the offensive line and our secondary showed up strong in two straight games. As I already mentioned it was hard and determined play that kept us in the game that made the Rivers fumble so important. Does anyone else remember we were tied at that point, despite way too many more three and outs? It was fortunate, but not lucky because we put ourselves in a position to make that possession that important.

Good things happen to good people.

That also explains the raiders record in the past decade.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast