Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: does Tebow mocking cross the line?

Default does Tebow mocking cross the line?

im not surprised there's back lash over this

snip

Everyone is mocking him, and with good reason. But Tebow bashing has become so popular that people don’t see a problem when it drops to a knee and prays before them.

Detroit’s Stephen Tulloch did just that on Sunday after he sacked Tebow. He says he was making fun of “Tebowing,” the phenomenon that took over the Internet last week.

“Have a sense of humor,” Tulloch tweeted. “I wasn’t mocking GOD.”

I believe him. But this wasn’t your garden-variety NFL taunt.

Read more: Does some of the Tebow mocking cross the line? - NFL - Sporting News

I think he was mocking. but some may look at this as a slap in god's face. wonder how far this will go?? end of the season??? will Tebow even be around that long???
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Maybe he should have went to the league office with Suh this week.

I don't really see a problem. If you make a spectacle of something during games, other players are going to mock it if/when they one-up you. It's the same as dancing on the Dallas star, posing for a picture in front of the black hole, or emulating an opposing player's TD dance. It's not personal, just trash talk and good TV.

Speaking as a Christian I believe it does cross the line, however, at the same time Tebow kind of brought this upon himself by making the action a public spectacle.

Religion has no business in football.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Oh I don't know, I've seen on several occasions members of both opposing teams gathering in the end zone after a game to have prayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Oh I don't know, I've seen on several occasions members of both opposing teams gathering in the end zone after a game to have prayer.
    Before and after is fine, but I dont buy into kneeling during games, or pointing to god after a TD. God has more important things to be concerned with than football.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Canada, I like you. I was going to say that this sounds like something that someone who isn't religious would say. For devout Christians, religion plays a part in everything they do.

But then you said this:

Before and after is fine, but I dont buy into kneeling during games, or pointing to god after a TD. God has more important things to be concerned with than football.
    and I agree 100%.

Do these people actually believe God will change the outcome of a game or even a particular play just because they ask him to? Don't they realize that there are good people on the other team praying just as hard for their side?

Trust me. If God wanted the Broncos to win, they wouldn't be nearly this bad!

On the other hand, I have no problem with a player giving God a quick "thanks" when they score a touchdown, or pointing to the sky to "give God the glory." I just wonder how many of them are doing it out of sincere gratitude to God, and how many of them are saying. "Look at me. See what a great humble Christian I am?" which is rather oxymoronic, isn't it?
    Last edited by TopekaRoy; 11-03-2011 at 11:32 PM.

Absolutely agreed and I think it's a vain thing to ask God for victory because the other team and thier fans are doing the same thing, but no one thinks twice about mid air chest bumps, high fives or nearly slapping each other silly after a big play. I guess what I'm saying is that based on an individuals life experience how they react to a big play says something about them personally. They're making an individual statement as it were. Personally, I think that the crack down on making a cell phone call after a TD is kind of stupid; I mean really - who cares? If they're that concerned about it then treat it like a fight and simply don't show it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Absolutely agreed and I think it's a vain thing to ask God for victory because the other team and thier fans are doing the same thing, but no one thinks twice about mid air chest bumps, high fives or nearly slapping each other silly after a big play. I guess what I'm saying is that based on an individuals life experience how they react to a big play says something about them personally. They're making an individual statement as it were. Personally, I think that the crack down on making a cell phone call after a TD is kind of stupid; I mean really - who cares? If they're that concerned about it then treat it like a fight and simply don't show it.
    But that isnt the issue...no one would have a problem if someone mocked those celebration. The question isnt about Tebows religion, its about the mocking him for it on the field. Everyone has their right to do what they like (within the rules of course) but I dont think anyone should complain if they get teased about it on the football field. Perhaps on the following play Tebow coulda sidestepped a sack, tossed a TD and given the sign of the cross to that player....but I doubt it. Tebow sucks!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast