Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: does Tebow mocking cross the line?

Default does Tebow mocking cross the line?

im not surprised there's back lash over this

snip

Everyone is mocking him, and with good reason. But Tebow bashing has become so popular that people don’t see a problem when it drops to a knee and prays before them.

Detroit’s Stephen Tulloch did just that on Sunday after he sacked Tebow. He says he was making fun of “Tebowing,” the phenomenon that took over the Internet last week.

“Have a sense of humor,” Tulloch tweeted. “I wasn’t mocking GOD.”

I believe him. But this wasn’t your garden-variety NFL taunt.

Read more: Does some of the Tebow mocking cross the line? - NFL - Sporting News

I think he was mocking. but some may look at this as a slap in god's face. wonder how far this will go?? end of the season??? will Tebow even be around that long???
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

im not really sure who started this. but we've seen players neal and pray on the side lines just before that kick. I dare say fans at home as well
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    But that isnt the issue...no one would have a problem if someone mocked those celebration. The question isnt about Tebows religion, its about the mocking him for it on the field. Everyone has their right to do what they like (within the rules of course) but I dont think anyone should complain if they get teased about it on the football field. Perhaps on the following play Tebow coulda sidestepped a sack, tossed a TD and given the sign of the cross to that player....but I doubt it. Tebow sucks!!
    That's a good point, and I doubt Tebow cares that they mock him because it does not directly affect his faith.

I still think the league goes overboard, at times, on the excessive celebration rule. I think that if it doesn't delay the game or cause anyone hurt, damage or is in anyway lewd then let it go, or like I said before simply don't air it. But that is another issue entirely.

He has the right to pray but to knell down on the field and pray is really taunting the other team/player in my mind so he is opening himself to being taunted back. If he wants to pray after a TD go to the sidelines do it but to do it on the field is something different.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    He has the right to pray but to knell down on the field and pray is really taunting the other team/player in my mind so he is opening himself to being taunted back. If he wants to pray after a TD go to the sidelines do it but to do it on the field is something different.
    You could be right, although, I've seen other players pray or give thanks to God after a TD and no one has thought too much of it.

Anywho; just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    That's a good point, and I doubt Tebow cares that they mock him because it does not directly affect his faith.

I still think the league goes overboard, at times, on the excessive celebration rule. I think that if it doesn't delay the game or cause anyone hurt, damage or is in anyway lewd then let it go, or like I said before simply don't air it. But that is another issue entirely.
    I hear ya there, but I think the players are their own worst enemies. The league did not have a problem with celebrations until recent players (ochostinko, TO and the dink that used the cell phone in the goal post etc...)started to take things too far. give them an inch and they take a foot. Its like little kids, they just keep pushing the limits until you say No!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I hear ya there, but I think the players are their own worst enemies. The league did not have a problem with celebrations until recent players (ochostinko, TO and the dink that used the cell phone in the goal post etc...)started to take things too far. give them an inch and they take a foot. Its like little kids, they just keep pushing the limits until you say No!!
    True! You wouldn't always know by watching these guys that they are chronologically adults. While, it my not be any big deal to the fans if players use a cell phone on the field, if the boss in the front offices or the commissioner says don't do it then they should be mature enough to follow their directives.

I love the fact that everyone is making fun of Tebow. Making fun of Tebow does not equal mocking god. Not even close despite what Tebow fans might want you to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I love the fact that everyone is making fun of Tebow. Making fun of Tebow does not equal mocking god. Not even close despite what Tebow fans might want you to believe.
    I'm far from being a Tebow fan, he's a Donk after all, although I can respect the fact that he has faith.

no line crossed, all is fair game, lets all cry about everything why dont we

boo hoo someone made fun of me today mommyyyy :"(

Fox also dismissed the notion that the team's offense is not being geared enough toward the former Heisman Trophy winner's strength as a runner.

"The problem is, there's so much misinformation. For people that study it, you'd see that we've probably had more shotgun or spread offense than anybody in the league over the last two weeks," said Fox. "The goofy thing is, it's almost like if he doesn't have success it will be anybody's fault but his. It's almost that kind of polarizing thing."
    From the middle of the following article link; (Tebow talk getting under Fox's skin).

^ What John said.
    *** Kansas City Chiefs 2013 - 2014 ***

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast