Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39

Thread: So when do we go to Brodie??? (Week 5 Edition)

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Joliet, IL
    Posts
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default So when do we go to Brodie??? (Week 5 Edition)


    0 Not allowed!
    It seems to me that if you combine Huard's game management with Croyle's arm, you've got yourself an NFL starting QB. That being said I think we ride out Huard for the rest of the season barring total meltdown. Discuss...

  2. #21
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    2,049
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    For sure man....I am not questioning his ability. I just think he can feel quite comfortable as the starter without fear of losing his job if he has an off day.
    Precisely. His play is so rocky in the first half. I think this may partially be due to the fact that there's still that pressure from "competing" for the starting position. There's always that since of "win, or we'll put in Croyle." Herm needs to make it official that Huard is our starting QB unless injured. Give the man some confidence, and take off some of the pressure.
    Everything happens for a reason.

  3. #22
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Grain Valley, MO
    Posts
    2,425
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    Precisely. His play is so rocky in the first half. I think this may partially be due to the fact that there's still that pressure from "competing" for the starting position. There's always that since of "win, or we'll put in Croyle." Herm needs to make it official that Huard is our starting QB unless injured. Give the man some confidence, and take off some of the pressure.
    I say keep the pressure on him. Nobody gave him a chance last season and he answered the call admirably. I want Damon to play for the job and not think of himself as a "transition quarterback".
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

  4. #23
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    2,049
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    I say keep the pressure on him. Nobody gave him a chance last season and he answered the call admirably. I want Damon to play for the job and not think of himself as a "transition quarterback".
    He didn't have the pressure last year. It was his until Trent came back, and he knew it.

    He is a transition QB.
    Everything happens for a reason.

  5. #24
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Grain Valley, MO
    Posts
    2,425
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    He didn't have the pressure last year. It was his until Trent came back, and he knew it.

    He is a transition QB.
    I know.

    I think there was more pressure when Trent was out because Huard knew the job was his and he needed to perform well and help the team win. He didn't have a chance to perform or buckle under any kind of pressure after Green got back, because they immediately threw Trent back into the fire and stuck with him even when they shouldn't have. I was just saying that I don't want Huard to slack mentally because he thinks of himself as just a transition QB.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

  6. #25
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    2,049
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    I know.

    I think there was more pressure when Trent was out because Huard knew the job was his and he needed to perform well and help the team win. He didn't have a chance to perform or buckle under any kind of pressure after Green got back, because they immediately threw Trent back into the fire and stuck with him even when they shouldn't have. I was just saying that I don't want Huard to slack mentally because he thinks of himself as just a transition QB.
    I gotcha. Personally, I think he'll do his best, no matter what situation he's in.

    I'm off to work.....
    Everything happens for a reason.

  7. #26
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    I know.

    I think there was more pressure when Trent was out because Huard knew the job was his and he needed to perform well and help the team win. He didn't have a chance to perform or buckle under any kind of pressure after Green got back, because they immediately threw Trent back into the fire and stuck with him even when they shouldn't have. I was just saying that I don't want Huard to slack mentally because he thinks of himself as just a transition QB.

    As long as he is winning he stays in.

    Period.

    We don't want to continue this foray into swapping out QB's like they are USB devices, and we are trying to see if it is the port or the device that is failing!!!!

    (Enought nerd talk!)


    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  8. #27
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Grain Valley, MO
    Posts
    2,425
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    I gotcha. Personally, I think he'll do his best, no matter what situation he's in.

    I'm off to work.....
    Fortunately, he does seem like that kind of guy.

    Cya luv. Have a good day.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

  9. #28
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Grain Valley, MO
    Posts
    2,425
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Kansas City QB Damon Huard has compiled a 113.4 passer rating in his last six games (four starts) at Arrowhead Stadium from 2006-07. He has completed 84 of 127 passes for 1,152 yards with seven touchdowns and no interceptions in that span. His 113.4 passer rating at home is the best mark in the NFL during that time period.

    Keep it up, Damon!

    GO CHIEFS!!!
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

  10. #29
    Member Since
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Joliet, IL
    Posts
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    My new sig shows where my allegiance lies...

  11. #30
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,106
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bighurt27 View Post
    My new sig shows where my allegiance lies...
    I like the sig. If he gas problems, then that's on thing. But, until he does, he's the man.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •