Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So when do we go to Brodie??? (Week 5 Edition)

Default So when do we go to Brodie??? (Week 5 Edition)

It seems to me that if you combine Huard's game management with Croyle's arm, you've got yourself an NFL starting QB. That being said I think we ride out Huard for the rest of the season barring total meltdown. Discuss...

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    For sure man....I am not questioning his ability. I just think he can feel quite comfortable as the starter without fear of losing his job if he has an off day.
    Precisely. His play is so rocky in the first half. I think this may partially be due to the fact that there's still that pressure from "competing" for the starting position. There's always that since of "win, or we'll put in Croyle." Herm needs to make it official that Huard is our starting QB unless injured. Give the man some confidence, and take off some of the pressure.
    Everything happens for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    Precisely. His play is so rocky in the first half. I think this may partially be due to the fact that there's still that pressure from "competing" for the starting position. There's always that since of "win, or we'll put in Croyle." Herm needs to make it official that Huard is our starting QB unless injured. Give the man some confidence, and take off some of the pressure.
    I say keep the pressure on him. Nobody gave him a chance last season and he answered the call admirably. I want Damon to play for the job and not think of himself as a "transition quarterback".
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    I say keep the pressure on him. Nobody gave him a chance last season and he answered the call admirably. I want Damon to play for the job and not think of himself as a "transition quarterback".
    He didn't have the pressure last year. It was his until Trent came back, and he knew it.

He is a transition QB.

He didn't have the pressure last year. It was his until Trent came back, and he knew it.

He is a transition QB.
    I know.

I think there was more pressure when Trent was out because Huard knew the job was his and he needed to perform well and help the team win. He didn't have a chance to perform or buckle under any kind of pressure after Green got back, because they immediately threw Trent back into the fire and stuck with him even when they shouldn't have. I was just saying that I don't want Huard to slack mentally because he thinks of himself as just a transition QB.

I know.

I think there was more pressure when Trent was out because Huard knew the job was his and he needed to perform well and help the team win. He didn't have a chance to perform or buckle under any kind of pressure after Green got back, because they immediately threw Trent back into the fire and stuck with him even when they shouldn't have. I was just saying that I don't want Huard to slack mentally because he thinks of himself as just a transition QB.
    I gotcha. Personally, I think he'll do his best, no matter what situation he's in.

I'm off to work.....

I know.

As long as he is winning he stays in.

Period.

We don't want to continue this foray into swapping out QB's like they are USB devices, and we are trying to see if it is the port or the device that is failing!!!!

(Enought nerd talk!)

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I gotcha. Personally, I think he'll do his best, no matter what situation he's in.

I'm off to work.....
    Fortunately, he does seem like that kind of guy.

Cya luv. Have a good day.

Kansas City QB Damon Huard has compiled a 113.4 passer rating in his last six games (four starts) at Arrowhead Stadium from 2006-07. He has completed 84 of 127 passes for 1,152 yards with seven touchdowns and no interceptions in that span. His 113.4 passer rating at home is the best mark in the NFL during that time period.

Keep it up, Damon!

GO CHIEFS!!!

My new sig shows where my allegiance lies...

Quote Originally Posted by Bighurt27 View Post
    My new sig shows where my allegiance lies...
    I like the sig. If he gas problems, then that's on thing. But, until he does, he's the man.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast