Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are We This Bad?

Default Are We This Bad?

So, this one's in the bag. We were exactly like we were in the first three games. What happened to the gritty, hard-nosed play that saw us grind out four in a row. Are we really worse than Miami?

[QUOTE=chiefnut;241760]trap game. trap game, trap game,trap game,trap game,trap game,trap game,trap game,trap game,trap game,trap game,trap game,trap game,trap game,

i said it all week, just not on this board, i was afraid this could be a trap game. if anyone said we would be part of a trap game this year i would have thought we were the "trapper" not the "trapee" coming off an emotional game, 4 game winning streak, tied for first, short week, lookin ahead to denver, then a tough stretch, a winless fins team would be hard not to overlook. just like the saints and rams. who would have guessed it. well some on nfl network and espn did for those very same reasons. miami is not a terrible team like the browns and lions of a few years ago, they just kept losing close games. so when an average team on an emotional let down plays a little below average team on a mission this is what hapens. if we play them again we'll win by 10pts. we give up 5 sacks and get none, thats how you lose a game. if you just look at the stats from the game you couldn't tell which team won. like the new yorkers say "ferget about it"!!![/QUO

EXACTLY!!!! I couldn't agree more and actually felt like this game was gonna be a downer... They played their asses off on monday night.... I know I'll be angrier if we lose to Tim Teblow next week. The way I look at this season is any kind of win is a bonus. I mean we did lose some very very very good top talent in key positions, what can I and you really expect? A Superbowl? Cause thats not happenin... Not this year... You are what your record says you are and right now we're average...

It's any given sunday and this does'nt mean the season is over.Theres always been certain weeks that all the crap teams win.Look Denver beat the faders and the only other team we had to worry about the bolts lost to so were still in good shape.What we need is stop loseing players to injurys and get or players healthy and back on the field.GO CHIEFS

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    So, this one's in the bag. We were exactly like we were in the first three games. What happened to the gritty, hard-nosed play that saw us grind out four in a row. Are we really worse than Miami?
    Unfortunately...Yes. Miami came in and kicked our butts.

This was a must win for Sporano to save his job in my opinion. I still think he will be gone at season end.

As has been mentioned, those damned Dolphins were never as bad as their record suggested. And we took them for granted. Happens a few times every year. Almost happened to us against Buffalo last year.

Admittedly, it's one thing to get surprised and lose a close game to someone you expect to beat handily, and another to get stomped the way we did, but Green Bay and Denver did us a favor and we are still tied for fist place in the AFC West which is all I was really expecting this week. Yeah, I figured Green Bay would beat San Diego, but I never figured Denver would beat Oakland.

So in short, we dodged a bullet yesterday.

Hopefully now that we have gotten that big stink-up out of our systems we can get back to playing some decent football.

looks like all the afc west teams are playing at the same level at the same time well it may make for a fun ending to see who gets the lucky draw to be thrashed in the first round by the so called powerhouse's in the afc will big ben or tiny tom win the prize!

Anything can happen in the postseason but I agree the only thing to be won this year is a harder schedule for next.

San Diego looks the most prepared to play a postseason game. The raiders can't get everyone on the field. Denver shall retain their rightful place in last once teams get film on tebow. And Kansas City, we have not established an identity yet so who knows where we will be. Should be an interesting second half of the season at least.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    Nope. We are 4-4, and tied for first, without JC, Mo, and Berry.

Inconsitent? How could we not expect that? But bad? No.

By the way, that "Gritty team" was there in game three. They were only absent for the first two weeks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123