Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Happened?

Default What Happened?

I didn't watch the game, but my brother is a Dolphins fan so he gave me updates on the game. 28 to 3.. I was afraid of a meltdown like this. The chiefs have got to be the most inconsistent team in football, beat the Chargers (which we should've lost) but lost to the Dolphins (which we should've won) so can somebody tell me basically what went wrong in this game?

We were not ready to play we played about as stupid you can play. Couldn't do anything on either side of the ball. That about sums it up
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Everything went wrong, the defense of last week did not show up, or perhaps our real defense did show up?

Our offensive line crumbled, we had not pass blocking up front and very little quality run blocking. Cassel was his normal self, running for his life every down and missing wide open receivers.

Guys, this is not a very good team, this team that played today is the team that we have. The fact we bear Minnesota, Oakland and Indy is nothing, those were faily evenly matched games we should have won. San Diego was a fluke, the team that showed up to that game was well rested.

This team is what we have, and if we can win one more game this season, that is about the best we can all hope for.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by loyalchief91 View Post
    so can somebody tell me basically what went wrong in this game?
    Nearly everything. Cassel played decently but you know how he gets when hes pressured all day long. he starts seeing phantom pass rushers and panics. Battle ran well but they abandoned the run when they got too far behind.

Defense and O-line got tea bagged.

Darn, doesn't sound good at all. Denver is a must win.. Whoever wins this division most likely will have a losing record similar to the Seahawks of last year

Chiefs forgot to come out of the locker room.

Darn, doesn't sound good at all. Denver is a must win.. Whoever wins this division most likely will have a losing record similar to the Seahawks of last year
    The Denver game isn't a "must win" That would imply that you think we should make the playoffs! We shouldn't! I would rather be 0-8 right now with Haley gone or on the chopping block. Also...Would like to draft Andrew Luck with the 1st pick in the draft. What will 8-8 get us? No where. Just further down the draft slot.

Matt Moore could have knitted a sweather with the time we game him to make a throw yesterday. Sunday was the real Chiefs playing, sorry but that's how I feel about our team this year!
    KC Chiefs fan since 1965!
    Home of the Middle East! Istanbul Club.

Yup. BADD Pass rush on D. No protection for Cassel. When he was protected (rarely), he did not see wide open receviers that I saw. Instead dumped a short pass that was dropped or off target. Cassel panicked even when he had time. They looked out right clueless. I expect it from the offense, but what upsets me more is that the defense didn't show up either.

The Dolphin game was pretty much a must win. It would have put us up front for the time being. What this boils down to is the coaching plain and simple, no excuses....

Quote Originally Posted by KCMASS View Post
    ...Would like to draft Andrew Luck with the 1st pick in the draft.
    Pretty sure we already f-ed that up by winning 3 or even 2 games.

The bright side is there is more than a couple of nice QBs to look at in this upcoming draft.

It's called the win column, perhaps you've heard of it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast