Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: One glaring problem.....

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sexy Ville
    Posts
    1,383
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default One glaring problem.....


    0 Not allowed!
    ....and NO, it's not Matt Cassel.

    Our DTs our DREADFULLLLL!

    I give up at drafting DTs with this organization (Sims,Dorsey,Jackson...etc)

    Tamba is busting his arse and the DTs are just playing pattycake with the Center and guards. This is unnacceptable. (for those of you hardcore Chief enough watch the game again).

    There is NO middle pressure. PERIOD.

    This is the reason Matt Moore was awesome today was becuz of OUR DTs. not matt moore.

    It's common sense in NFL knowledge. when there is NO DT pressure (or middle pressure). A pocket forms, in which Moore had the best pockets ever.

    FML, for chryst sakes Dorsey and whoever else take your pay and leave this fn org.

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    184
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    They spend HIGH draft picks for DL pressure and decide to change the defence to a three man line. I can see spending a top 5 pick for a stud NT since it is essential for a 3-4 alighnment, but you spend another HIGH pick for another DT? All fine and good if your running a 4-3 Defence.

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    794
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Yes.

    This screams to the fact that Hali is our only player that can put pressure on the QB.

    Houston has shown flashes at times, but it will take a year or two to get him settled in at that position, and flourish (take Hali for example, it takes a little time)

    But yes our Biggest issues:

    - We can't pressure the QB outside of Hali (look at the SD game as well, we lucked out in that game, if we could have rattled Rivers, we could have locked that game up early, but we let him stay comfortable and they hung around.)

    - We can't protect our QB, Holy crap!! like 5 or 6 sacks, Cassel was worried he was going to get pancaked the entire game! we need to protect him and we will look a lot better, our passing game is much improved with our WR additions, but our pass protection is horrendous

    - and Finally, WE NEED DB DEPTH!!!! Our secondary is sick when fully healthy. but it stops at our starters, our depth in our secondary is mediocre at best. Washington just couldn't cut it at safety, and he couldn't last year when we went to Denver, we make any TE look like all pro's (Todd Heap last year in Wild Card, Scott Chandler in week 1, Anthony Fasano Yesterday! we need Safety and Nickle help!

    Other than that, I hope this was just a hic-cup like the ravens loss to the jags. We need to get on track, because after next week, our schedule turns brutal.

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Santiago de Chile
    Posts
    262
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    Yes.
    - and Finally, WE NEED DB DEPTH!!!! Our secondary is sick when fully healthy. but it stops at our starters, our depth in our secondary is mediocre at best. Washington just couldn't cut it at safety, and he couldn't last year when we went to Denver, we make any TE look like all pro's (Todd Heap last year in Wild Card, Scott Chandler in week 1, Anthony Fasano Yesterday! we need Safety and Nickle help!
    I thought that McGraw and Arenas weren't big contributors to our defense, but Miami showed us that it can be worse with Piscitelli and a totally lost Washington.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Hello everyone, new guy here.

    This last game hurt real bad. I was so high on our recent success, after such a slow start . But watching Rivers lose again, and also watching the Raiders gettin Tebow'd ...kinda made up for it.

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,030
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 125
    Given: 4

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    If that is the one glaring need we are better off than I thought.

    Our offensive line was horrific yesterday. Three guys were drilling our running backs for loses.

    Cassel was sacked 5 times, knocked down 9 times and he had to run sramble and run the ball another 5 times.

    Our secondary needs depth bad. Without McGraw this team can't stop anyone. I don't even like McGraw but it was obvious to me when he got hurt at the beginning of the year and now yesterday. Throw in Arenas being hurt. Yesterday they kept putting Marshal in the slot, leaving Washington and Studebacker covering him. Flowers spent a good part of the game covering NO ONE. Pissed me off to see us come out in the second half making ZERO adjustments to this other than trading out Washington with some other poor safety.

    Please stop giving the ball to McCluster to run. Specially in short yardage situations. If you are going to use him to run, pitch it to him on the oustide so he can try to outrun a tackler because once he gets hit, he is done.

    Poor play calling on both offensive and defense as far as I am concerned.

  7. #7
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,148
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 27

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I hope this game will go down as a learning experience. I worked yesterday, so I have yet to watch the game. But I expect that there was a lot of confusion, caused by disguised blitzes, and stunts, thus taking advantage of a pass-blocking unit that was gaining confidence in going against a lot of base pass-rushes, and familiar blitzes.

    But, as I said, I have tey to watch the game.

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,030
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 125
    Given: 4

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I hope this game will go down as a learning experience. I worked yesterday, so I have yet to watch the game. But I expect that there was a lot of confusion, caused by disguised blitzes, and stunts, thus taking advantage of a pass-blocking unit that was gaining confidence in going against a lot of base pass-rushes, and familiar blitzes.

    But, as I said, I have tey to watch the game.
    I would suggest you spend the time you would use watching that game and do something more fun. Being kicked in the junk was more fun that watching that yesterday.

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,127
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 255
    Given: 448

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I would suggest you spend the time you would use watching that game and do something more fun. Being kicked in the junk was more fun that watching that yesterday.
    This!


  10. #10
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sexy Ville
    Posts
    1,383
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    If that is the one glaring need we are better off than I thought.

    Our offensive line was horrific yesterday. Three guys were drilling our running backs for loses.

    Cassel was sacked 5 times, knocked down 9 times and he had to run sramble and run the ball another 5 times.


    Our secondary needs depth bad. Without McGraw this team can't stop anyone. I don't even like McGraw but it was obvious to me when he got hurt at the beginning of the year and now yesterday. Throw in Arenas being hurt. Yesterday they kept putting Marshal in the slot, leaving Washington and Studebacker covering him. Flowers spent a good part of the game covering NO ONE. Pissed me off to see us come out in the second half making ZERO adjustments to this other than trading out Washington with some other poor safety.


    Please stop giving the ball to McCluster to run. Specially in short yardage situations. If you are going to use him to run, pitch it to him on the oustide so he can try to outrun a tackler because once he gets hit, he is done.


    Poor play calling on both offensive and defense as far as I am concerned
    .
    no it's not the only one for sure.

    we have a plethora of other problems. but if we get pressure up the middle, Moore doesn't have near the success. The game is closer.

    even if your not blitzing LBs or DBs u still have to have some sort of a pass rush when they are in coverage and our DTs do JACK!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Problem....
    By Drunker Hillbilly in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-26-2011, 12:16 AM
  2. L.j. Keeper Or Problem
    By matthewschiefs in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 09-04-2009, 12:55 PM
  3. The biggest problem with our D
    By Nel Toille in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-14-2008, 03:12 AM
  4. drinking problem
    By slc chief in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-19-2008, 03:08 AM
  5. Chief31s problem
    By chief31 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-22-2007, 12:42 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •