Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One glaring problem.....

Default One glaring problem.....

....and NO, it's not Matt Cassel.

Our DTs our DREADFULLLLL!

I give up at drafting DTs with this organization (Sims,Dorsey,Jackson...etc)

Tamba is busting his arse and the DTs are just playing pattycake with the Center and guards. This is unnacceptable. (for those of you hardcore Chief enough watch the game again).

There is NO middle pressure. PERIOD.

This is the reason Matt Moore was awesome today was becuz of OUR DTs. not matt moore.

It's common sense in NFL knowledge. when there is NO DT pressure (or middle pressure). A pocket forms, in which Moore had the best pockets ever.

FML, for chryst sakes Dorsey and whoever else take your pay and leave this fn org.

They spend HIGH draft picks for DL pressure and decide to change the defence to a three man line. I can see spending a top 5 pick for a stud NT since it is essential for a 3-4 alighnment, but you spend another HIGH pick for another DT? All fine and good if your running a 4-3 Defence.

Yes.

This screams to the fact that Hali is our only player that can put pressure on the QB.

Houston has shown flashes at times, but it will take a year or two to get him settled in at that position, and flourish (take Hali for example, it takes a little time)

But yes our Biggest issues:

- We can't pressure the QB outside of Hali (look at the SD game as well, we lucked out in that game, if we could have rattled Rivers, we could have locked that game up early, but we let him stay comfortable and they hung around.)

- We can't protect our QB, Holy crap!! like 5 or 6 sacks, Cassel was worried he was going to get pancaked the entire game! we need to protect him and we will look a lot better, our passing game is much improved with our WR additions, but our pass protection is horrendous

- and Finally, WE NEED DB DEPTH!!!! Our secondary is sick when fully healthy. but it stops at our starters, our depth in our secondary is mediocre at best. Washington just couldn't cut it at safety, and he couldn't last year when we went to Denver, we make any TE look like all pro's (Todd Heap last year in Wild Card, Scott Chandler in week 1, Anthony Fasano Yesterday! we need Safety and Nickle help!

Other than that, I hope this was just a hic-cup like the ravens loss to the jags. We need to get on track, because after next week, our schedule turns brutal.

If that is the one glaring need we are better off than I thought.

Our offensive line was horrific yesterday. Three guys were drilling our running backs for loses.

Cassel was sacked 5 times, knocked down 9 times and he had to run sramble and run the ball another 5 times.

Our secondary needs depth bad. Without McGraw this team can't stop anyone. I don't even like McGraw but it was obvious to me when he got hurt at the beginning of the year and now yesterday. Throw in Arenas being hurt. Yesterday they kept putting Marshal in the slot, leaving Washington and Studebacker covering him. Flowers spent a good part of the game covering NO ONE. Pissed me off to see us come out in the second half making ZERO adjustments to this other than trading out Washington with some other poor safety.

Please stop giving the ball to McCluster to run. Specially in short yardage situations. If you are going to use him to run, pitch it to him on the oustide so he can try to outrun a tackler because once he gets hit, he is done.

Poor play calling on both offensive and defense as far as I am concerned.

I hope this game will go down as a learning experience. I worked yesterday, so I have yet to watch the game. But I expect that there was a lot of confusion, caused by disguised blitzes, and stunts, thus taking advantage of a pass-blocking unit that was gaining confidence in going against a lot of base pass-rushes, and familiar blitzes.

But, as I said, I have tey to watch the game.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I hope this game will go down as a learning experience. I worked yesterday, so I have yet to watch the game. But I expect that there was a lot of confusion, caused by disguised blitzes, and stunts, thus taking advantage of a pass-blocking unit that was gaining confidence in going against a lot of base pass-rushes, and familiar blitzes.

But, as I said, I have tey to watch the game.
    I would suggest you spend the time you would use watching that game and do something more fun. Being kicked in the junk was more fun that watching that yesterday.

Well, Chief, you're in the right direction, BUT there was no disguises. They kept a constant 5 man rush and almost 50% naked 7 man blitzes. They loaded up the box and dared our line to stop them.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I would suggest you spend the time you would use watching that game and do something more fun. Being kicked in the junk was more fun that watching that yesterday.
    This!

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    Yes.
    - and Finally, WE NEED DB DEPTH!!!! Our secondary is sick when fully healthy. but it stops at our starters, our depth in our secondary is mediocre at best. Washington just couldn't cut it at safety, and he couldn't last year when we went to Denver, we make any TE look like all pro's (Todd Heap last year in Wild Card, Scott Chandler in week 1, Anthony Fasano Yesterday! we need Safety and Nickle help!
    I thought that McGraw and Arenas weren't big contributors to our defense, but Miami showed us that it can be worse with Piscitelli and a totally lost Washington.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    Well, Chief, you're in the right direction, BUT there was no disguises. They kept a constant 5 man rush and almost 50% naked 7 man blitzes. They loaded up the box and dared our line to stop them.
    Well, that would actually be exactly the kind of thing I was talking about.

If you are blitzing multiple defenders, steadily, then you are almost guaranteed to be faking just about as many.

You send seven on one play, then show seven for the next play, which are coming, and which aren't?

I imagine that we had our blocking assignments challenged with some looks that we were not seeing previously.

But I will have to wait another day still. Sick, and tired today.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast