Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One glaring problem.....

Default One glaring problem.....

....and NO, it's not Matt Cassel.

Our DTs our DREADFULLLLL!

I give up at drafting DTs with this organization (Sims,Dorsey,Jackson...etc)

Tamba is busting his arse and the DTs are just playing pattycake with the Center and guards. This is unnacceptable. (for those of you hardcore Chief enough watch the game again).

There is NO middle pressure. PERIOD.

This is the reason Matt Moore was awesome today was becuz of OUR DTs. not matt moore.

It's common sense in NFL knowledge. when there is NO DT pressure (or middle pressure). A pocket forms, in which Moore had the best pockets ever.

FML, for chryst sakes Dorsey and whoever else take your pay and leave this fn org.

Hello everyone, new guy here.

This last game hurt real bad. I was so high on our recent success, after such a slow start . But watching Rivers lose again, and also watching the Raiders gettin Tebow'd ...kinda made up for it.

We handed a 0-7 team their first win. Congrats to the Phins and congrats to Haley. Hmmm, whats Clark have to say about all of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    If that is the one glaring need we are better off than I thought.

Our offensive line was horrific yesterday. Three guys were drilling our running backs for loses.

Cassel was sacked 5 times, knocked down 9 times and he had to run sramble and run the ball another 5 times.

Our secondary needs depth bad. Without McGraw this team can't stop anyone. I don't even like McGraw but it was obvious to me when he got hurt at the beginning of the year and now yesterday. Throw in Arenas being hurt. Yesterday they kept putting Marshal in the slot, leaving Washington and Studebacker covering him. Flowers spent a good part of the game covering NO ONE. Pissed me off to see us come out in the second half making ZERO adjustments to this other than trading out Washington with some other poor safety.

Please stop giving the ball to McCluster to run. Specially in short yardage situations. If you are going to use him to run, pitch it to him on the oustide so he can try to outrun a tackler because once he gets hit, he is done.

Poor play calling on both offensive and defense as far as I am concerned
    no it's not the only one for sure.

we have a plethora of other problems. but if we get pressure up the middle, Moore doesn't have near the success. The game is closer.

even if your not blitzing LBs or DBs u still have to have some sort of a pass rush when they are in coverage and our DTs do JACK!

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    If that is the one glaring need we are better off than I thought.

Our offensive line was horrific yesterday. Three guys were drilling our running backs for loses.

Cassel was sacked 5 times, knocked down 9 times and he had to run sramble and run the ball another 5 times.

Our secondary needs depth bad. Without McGraw this team can't stop anyone. I don't even like McGraw but it was obvious to me when he got hurt at the beginning of the year and now yesterday. Throw in Arenas being hurt. Yesterday they kept putting Marshal in the slot, leaving Washington and Studebacker covering him. Flowers spent a good part of the game covering NO ONE. Pissed me off to see us come out in the second half making ZERO adjustments to this other than trading out Washington with some other poor safety.

Please stop giving the ball to McCluster to run. Specially in short yardage situations. If you are going to use him to run, pitch it to him on the oustide so he can try to outrun a tackler because once he gets hit, he is done.

Poor play calling on both offensive and defense as far as I am concerned.

I love how one week the line is starting to hold up pockets and the next week they're garbage and should be thrown out. Seriously? You're gonna put this on the line? Ok, fair enough. Short of finding a starting RT, moving Hudson in for Weigman when he retires and backups we're set on the line. So really, one person.

Last week there was a distinct pocket around Cassel. When you're rushing 7 guys lets do some basic math 7 > 5. Cassel needs to recognize the d@mn blitz and check down to a quick slant or some kind of throw. Am I putting it at his feet no. Cassel was inaccurate but I can understand that when 90% of the day you're running for your life.

This falls squarely on the OC and Haley. To not recognize just how much pressure they're bringing and to check down is absurd. Then on top of that to run the ball into 7 guys, again how is this going to help? 7 > 5 + the guy running the ball.

As I said in a previous post I'm upset with our OC or whoever the heck is calling the plays. Putting up 10 pts on SD and then 4 more scoring drives in 7 quarters is completely unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    I love how one week the line is starting to hold up pockets and the next week they're garbage and should be thrown out. Seriously? You're gonna put this on the line? Ok, fair enough. Short of finding a starting RT, moving Hudson in for Weigman when he retires and backups we're set on the line. So really, one person.

Last week there was a distinct pocket around Cassel. When you're rushing 7 guys lets do some basic math 7 > 5. Cassel needs to recognize the d@mn blitz and check down to a quick slant or some kind of throw. Am I putting it at his feet no. Cassel was inaccurate but I can understand that when 90% of the day you're running for your life.

This falls squarely on the OC and Haley. To not recognize just how much pressure they're bringing and to check down is absurd. Then on top of that to run the ball into 7 guys, again how is this going to help? 7 > 5 + the guy running the ball.

As I said in a previous post I'm upset with our OC or whoever the heck is calling the plays. Putting up 10 pts on SD and then 4 more scoring drives in 7 quarters is completely unacceptable.
    Albert could fill that RT spot very nicely. He is a poor LOT though.

I think that The Dolphins have spent many years working on defensive schemes that could help them beat The Patriots, and they had a great day against a team, still struggling to replicate the very offense that The Dolphins' defense has been designed against.

Odds are, a similar advantage was had on the other side of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Albert could fill that RT spot very nicely. He is a poor LOT though.

I think that The Dolphins have spent many years working on defensive schemes that could help them beat The Patriots, and they had a great day against a team, still struggling to replicate the very offense that The Dolphins' defense has been designed against.

Odds are, a similar advantage was had on the other side of the ball.

Not trying to start an argument, but I don't think our offense is even closely similar to the Patriots... If I understood that right.

The Pat's run a more spread out dink and dunk offense that focuses on their outside WR's pulling the DB's and Safeties away from the middle of the field, essentially allowing for the more athletic TE's and Slot recievers (Welker, Gronkowski, and Hernandez) room to work with underneath being matched up to less athletic LB's. could Kind of say their run game is actually short passes.

We are a run first team, that is a more traditional style of offense, more QB under the center, we run to set up the pass, play a little bit more conservative, and hope to control the clock, win the time of possession battle, and limit turnovers.

I agree we got our butt's beat, but just don't see the similarities between the Pat's offense and ours?

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post

Have you ever seen me post that our offensive line was adequate. I am not two facing this issue.

The pocket on Monday night was good in some series, only when Cassel took three step drops and got rid of the ball. He strives in the Hurry Up situations.

Our running game, is horrible up the middle. Most successful runs are on the oustide, where there is open space and help form the receivers in blocking.

Our offense did sputter against the Charges on Monday night. The 3rd and 4th Quarter was very sobering for a drunk crowd.

I said that during pre-season, and there were any number of excuses why we had the same problem. Well it's only gotten worse since then! Zero pressure on the QB. We make them good awesome. It just stinks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    Not trying to start an argument, but I don't think our offense is even closely similar to the Patriots... If I understood that right.

The Pat's run a more spread out dink and dunk offense that focuses on their outside WR's pulling the DB's and Safeties away from the middle of the field, essentially allowing for the more athletic TE's and Slot recievers (Welker, Gronkowski, and Hernandez) room to work with underneath being matched up to less athletic LB's. could Kind of say their run game is actually short passes.

We are a run first team, that is a more traditional style of offense, more QB under the center, we run to set up the pass, play a little bit more conservative, and hope to control the clock, win the time of possession battle, and limit turnovers.

I agree we got our butt's beat, but just don't see the similarities between the Pat's offense and ours?
    Oh no. It definitely doesn't look the same. But I can't help but think that there is a great deal of similarity in the blocking schemes, the route running, and some of the route combinations, and philosophy.

I see the short passing that gets Welker open for big gains after the catch, and they remind me a whole lot of the quick patterns that Bowe, and even our other WRS, run, and see a big similarity, looking for the big gains after the catch.

While the success of our running game in 2010 absolutely altered which plays are called, and the shotty protection has minimized our deep passing attempts, and patterns, I think we have emulated a whole lot of what The Patriots do.

But then, it is definitely a speculation on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post

While we have a hard time actually performing it on the field, we have the exact same basic game plan as the Pats and the same basic philosophy in personnel. The Pats have lost their deep threat, while we still have Bowe and Baldwin, but other than that we are very similar. We are a quick-strike offense and designed for shorter passes that depend on yards after catch, which is why it is so frustrating when we aren't on our game it seems like we are just dumping it off over and over. The big difference is Haley is keen on running the ball more than the Pats.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12