Atl @ Ten
    Jac @ Kc
    Ari @ Stl
    Tb @ Ind
    Sd @ Den
    Bal @ Sf
    Chi @ Gb
    Dal @ Buf
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    That was a terribly cheap shot that injured Alex Smith. that guy did him the same way Tony Siragusa did Rich Gannon in the playoffs, the year the Ravens wound-up winning. He lated every ounce of his weight into the guys shoulder, in hopes of injuring him. I hate that. Make the play, but there is no need to attempt to injure the guy!
    You hate it until DJ drops one on Culpepper or Cutler...

Honestly, it was smashmouth football IMO. I don't like that ASmith got hurt, but frankly I think the injury to VDavis is more detrimental than this one, and Larry Allen doesn't look healthy out there on the field. But that's on the offensive side of the ball. I'd trade all of those guys out for a year to have Lawson back.

As a LB/SS growing up, we were taught from an early age to apply pain to those we hit...the intimidation factor wasn't designed so much to knock the QB/WR out of the game, but rather to make them less aggressive on the field. If I did my job as a MLB or SS the QB has happy feet and the WR has "alligator arms" by halftime. Unfortunately part of this results in the occasional injury.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    You hate it until DJ drops one on Culpepper or Cutler...

Honestly, it was smashmouth football IMO. I don't like that ASmith got hurt, but frankly I think the injury to VDavis is more detrimental than this one, and Larry Allen doesn't look healthy out there on the field. But that's on the offensive side of the ball. I'd trade all of those guys out for a year to have Lawson back.

As a LB/SS growing up, we were taught from an early age to apply pain to those we hit...the intimidation factor wasn't designed so much to knock the QB/WR out of the game, but rather to make them less aggressive on the field. If I did my job as a MLB or SS the QB has happy feet and the WR has "alligator arms" by halftime. Unfortunately part of this results in the occasional injury.
    I don't care if it was a third-string punter on a semi-pro team. I respect laying the big hit, but just burying all of your weight into a guys shoulder, to drive the other shoulder into the ground is nothing but an attempt to injure someone. I know. I've done it, and I have had it done to me. Hitting a man while he is standing is one thing, but using the ground to crush a collarbone, is entirely a different deal.

9-5 for me last week. Not great, but not nearly as bad as week 4, lol.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Cle @ Ne - NE
    Sea @ Pit - Pit
    Car @ No - NO
    Det @ Was -Was
    Nyj @ Nyg -NYG
    Mia @ Hou - Mia
    Atl @ Ten -Ten
    Jac @ Kc- KC
    Ari @ Stl - Ari
    Tb @ Ind - Ind
    Sd @ Den -Donks
    Bal @ Sf - SF
    Chi @ Gb - GB
    Dal @ Buf - Dall
    Hmmm...7-7...I'm consistent
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

11-3 for me. Damn Packers.

Hmmm...7-7...I'm consistent
    I went .500 last week too...

...did you beat me this week, or did we tie again?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I went .500 last week too...

...did you beat me this week, or did we tie again?
    I didn't beat you, but I think you could probably count to 8 on your own next week...8-6

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12