Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: CHIEFS vs Donkeys game thread

Default CHIEFS vs Donkeys game thread

Big game time to CRUSH the donkeys

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

When your WRs drop everything thrown to them, the completion rate isn't going to be very good. I'm not saying he's a pro bowl QB but he's not as bad as our excuse for WRs make him look.
    The Chiefs are Back!

Quote Originally Posted by H-townChiefsFan View Post
    Serious question: what is it going to take for you to finally give up on Cassel??
    When he is CLEARLY the thing holding the offense back. He's not the only thing wrong. He's gotten some first downs with his legs the past few weeks. He's done some good. He's done some bad. But our WRs should not be bailed out because the throws are not perfect. They get paid to Catch the ball. When they drop the ball Cassel can't do anything about it. If the WRs can't catch it doesn't matter who the qb is. Something our so called head coach is suppose to be good at coaching WRs. Haley to me right now is more of a problem then Cassel
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Totally agree!! When will people stop giving him credit for taking the partiots to an 11-5 record (or whatever it was)??

This guy needs to go. Badly.

And even with the Pats great OLine he still was the most sacked QB of the year.

A good Oline won't fix what whats wrong with this guy. These Receivers were wide open all day,sure they dropped passes but most that they dropped were very poorly thrown.

Its funny how the same people who criticize Tebow worship Cassel.............lets compare numbers and the strength of the Olines.

Please Santa for Christmas I want a new head coach and QB. oohh and a anchor NT.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    When he is CLEARLY the thing holding the offense back. He's not the only thing wrong. He's gotten some first downs with his legs the past few weeks. He's done some good. He's done some bad. But our WRs should not be bailed out because the throws are not perfect. They get paid to Catch the ball. When they drop the ball Cassel can't do anything about it. If the WRs can't catch it doesn't matter who the qb is. Something our so called head coach is suppose to be good at coaching WRs. Haley to me right now is more of a problem then Cassel
    I respect your stance on the issue, I just dont agree with it. I dont see anything that Cassel does could not be done by say...Jamarcus Russel or even Donavan McNabb. Seriously, Cassel rerly ever makes a big play when we need it. If the performance continues like this, I will be seriously PO'ed if they dont cut Cassel flat out after this season. If they can even get a 7th rounder for him, they should and I will be happy with it. NOBODY will take the rediculous contract he has though...not even the Raiders :)
    Not saying it is always the case and yes, there are sometimes some good QBs that slip through the cracks...but the guy wasnt even a starter in college. That at the very least is more evidence against the guy.

It's called the win column, perhaps you've heard of it?

Cassel has a front loaded contract, I dont think it would be that hard to deal him.

I respect your stance on the issue, I just dont agree with it. I dont see anything that Cassel does could not be done by say...Jamarcus Russel or even Donavan McNabb. Seriously, Cassel rerly ever makes a big play when we need it. If the performance continues like this, I will be seriously PO'ed if they dont cut Cassel flat out after this season. If they can even get a 7th rounder for him, they should and I will be happy with it. NOBODY will take the rediculous contract he has though...not even the Raiders :)
    Not saying it is always the case and yes, there are sometimes some good QBs that slip through the cracks...but the guy wasnt even a starter in college. That at the very least is more evidence against the guy.
    I don't think he's Russel bad

And I understand the being upset with him. I am not thrilled with him right now. I will alway defend the qb a bit when things go wrong like they did today. I just fell it's a tad unfair to say Cassel was horrible and not the offense was.

That being said If a change was made you would not see me complain. In fact I talked about it after the first two weeks. But Cassel is not the biggest problem imo the guy in charge wearing the headset is. He's the 1st person on my s*** list right now.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

gotcha. I agree that Cassel is not the only problem on the offense...lots of bad play all the way around. I also agree that many people like to blame the QB when things go awry.

It's called the win column, perhaps you've heard of it?

I will say, they had no problems moving the ball on the ground...ever. And they just wouldn't commit to it.

Cassel isn't the problem he can't catch the ball for the WRS they might not be perfect throws or even good throws sometimes but a NFL wr should still CATCH THE BALL. Cassel is one that i am least upset with. The head coach is who tops my s*** list right now
    Well, there really isn't any excuse not to make the catch but i thought it was interesting when I was watching GB play in last week or two and they were pounding thier competition, as usual, and one of the ex nfl commentators was saying that alot of the success of catching everything rodgers threw was due to the reciever's trust in Rodger's ball placement because he never puts his recievers in harms way, to have thier heads taken off by a secondary, so they catch thier ball with confidence. I personally would be scared sh**less to catch one of his unpredictable decisions. Maybe they lack the confidence due to his inaccuracy and they have a high probability of leaving the field on a backboard? Just a thought....

Matthewschiefs....matthews.....matt....matts chiefs. Hey, this is CASSEL!!!;-p jk