Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: WRs

Default WRs

The Chiefs need some NFL caliber WRs. Some receivers that are capable of catching a football. I sure hope they draft a decent receiver in the draft this year.
    The Chiefs are Back!

Quote Originally Posted by KCraised View Post
    Great picture....must be right before the hit that Bowe's going To have to take from yet another badly placed pass by Cassel;)
    I honestly dont remember other than one or two passes where our receivers got lit up. And on those few passes, they were placed the only place they could be and not get picked. Maybe I have missed some of these set-up passes you are talking about because I have missed some of the games, but I know for sure on that pass, Bowe was wide open and took his eyes off the ball.

Most of the drops yesterday I am concerned about were right in the hands of the receiver and in stride. The receivers were wide open and just didnt concentrate on the ball.

Remember what Bowe did at the beginning of last year? Remember what happened after they started catching balls in porta potties? Bowe ended up leading in touchdown catches. I think they need to go back to this. Baldwin and Bowe have great talent, but they need someone to lead them.

Also, remember the catch that will never be against Denver? Yeah, nice illegal formation there, refs.

The lack of any kind of direction or rhythm in the offense is to blame for the amount of drops these guys are having... that and coaching. This group of WRs is going to be fine. I'd be more concerned about an accurate QB before calling for more draft picks to be spent on WRs.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I honestly dont remember other than one or two passes where our receivers got lit up. And on those few passes, they were placed the only place they could be and not get picked. Maybe I have missed some of these set-up passes you are talking about because I have missed some of the games, but I know for sure on that pass, Bowe was wide open and took his eyes off the ball.

Most of the drops yesterday I am concerned about were right in the hands of the receiver and in stride. The receivers were wide open and just didnt concentrate on the ball.
    Well, that pass looks right on the numbers. He has had some pretty lousy passes, imo, but He also tends to stare down recievers so I should've pointed that out for my lame excuse at being clever...work with me;-D

how about the baldwin catch on the back of the defender that was nullified on a penalty. how many "nfl caliber" receivers make that catch!!! or receiver corps is fine, lets upgrade our lines and qb, you'll find we will be a much beer football team even w/the same receivers.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    The lack of any kind of direction or rhythm in the offense is to blame for the amount of drops these guys are having... that and coaching. This group of WRs is going to be fine. I'd be more concerned about an accurate QB before calling for more draft picks to be spent on WRs.

You are correct. These WRs are a very talented group and we are very fortunate to have them. They are definately lacking confidence and are not being coached to their potential. With a new coach and QB (next season if not later this season) they will be much better. The WRs and a healthy secondary are the highlight of this team IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    THIS!!! Rep!

Drops are frustrating for sure, but there are deeper issues here than just what it looks like on the surface. Just sayin.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234