Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WRs

Default WRs

The Chiefs need some NFL caliber WRs. Some receivers that are capable of catching a football. I sure hope they draft a decent receiver in the draft this year.
    The Chiefs are Back!

Quote Originally Posted by GarH View Post
    How are you going to have a passing attack if the WRs can't catch a football?
    How are you going to have one if you're QB is running for his life (against a bad team) and can't let your WR's complete their routes?

This is my take on it...

I thought it was interesting when I was watching GB play in the last week or two and they were pounding thier competition, as usual, and one of the ex nfl commentators was saying that alot of the success of catching everything rodgers threw was due to the reciever's trust in Rodger's ball placement because he never puts his recievers in harms way, to have thier heads taken off by a secondary, so they catch thier ball with confidence. I personally would be scared sh**less to catch one of his unpredictable decisions. Maybe they lack the confidence due to his inaccuracy and they have a high probability of leaving the field on a backboard?
    It all starts with an accurate throw.

Yeah cuz Cassel had plenty of time to throw the ball as well...............
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Hey Chiefs fans. This is my first time posting. What I want to know, who is/are the weak links on the O line and why can't Cassel get time to pass

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    Yeah cuz Cassel had plenty of time to throw the ball as well...............
    Ill have to go back and look how much pressure he had on him when he threw that beautiful duck pass downfield. Didn't he throw a couple long jump balls into double coverage? Also, one where Baldwin caught it on the friggin' back of the defender (never seen that one before. Great catch by Baldwin!) Yeah, that's precision, no doubt
    Last edited by KCraised; 11-13-2011 at 05:56 PM.

Blaming this one on the receivers for not catching piss poor thrown balls is like getting blamed for not meeting your time line at work because your boss made a piss poor time line in the first place. Cassel is inaccurate in every sense of the word. I was at the game and it all starts with the QB. The line held up well enough that only a few time did Cassel have to scramble or run.

Cassel is inaccurate and something needs to be done about it in a draft or free agency....period. I thought he was turning around but he took that thought and just pissed all over it. I'm so upset with Cassel right now I just can't even begin to tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by phillychiefsfan View Post
    Hey Chiefs fans. This is my first time posting. What I want to know, who is/are the weak links on the O line and why can't Cassel get time to pass
    Pretty much the entire line is broken right now. Given our QB needs 15 seconds to make a decision.

bowe/breaston/baldwin is imo a pretty significant receiver corps. yeah both bowe and breaston had one bad drop each in todays game. to say we need to start over or add more talent there before anything else is a joke. hell id rather replace matt cassel before id replace this trio. baldwin suplexed a cornerback today in order to catch a ball that was thrown way behind him. you dont get much more amazing on the highlight reel than that.

i think we dont see a lot of throws down field for two reasons. 1 - the line wont even give cassel that much time. NFL has our number now, blitz our asses into the ground. we cant handle it! 2 - Cassel has little to no confidence throwing passes down field in high pressure situations. sure a shot down field during junk time is what youre likely to see, but not while the game's still close.

give this lineup some time to get open and a QB who can consistently 'give them a chance' to catch a ball, and theyll make some amazing plays.

Quote Originally Posted by KCraised View Post
    Ill have to go back and look how much pressure he had on him when he threw that beautiful duck pass downfield. Didn't he throw a couple long jump balls into double coverage? Also, one where Baldwin caught it on the friggin' back of the defender (never seen that one before. Great catch by Baldwin!) Yeah, that's precision, no doubt
    The drive killer on 3rd and 4 that breaston dropped was a drop plain and simple we were moving the ball too. lack of confidence i feel on cassels part. They were rushing 4 and got to him more than once that's not good i don't care what anyone says about that. Cassel has been getting the crap kicked out of him the last 2 weeks.

as Coach pointed out look at his eyes
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast