Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Palko on Monday night?

Default Palko on Monday night?

Just heard on the radio that Cassel left the stadium with his throwing hand wrapped up. They were saying it's possible he might not be available Monday night. That's what Leaf Vliesic was saying...however you spell his crazy name.
    Anyone heard any updates?

Right now this OL reminds me of the year we lost Trent Green AND Brokie Croyle and had to scramble to put in Thigpen and find some other backups in case he went down. I think if you throw in Stanzi OR Palko, they are going to get beat down. You are NOT going to learn anything from them other than whether or not they know how to take a hit.

If you realize that when you say you want to start one of them, then fine, give Cassel a break.

If Cassel is healthy, I think he gives this team the best shot.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    How is this any different than what Cassel is doing now? He's not reading defenses and if you need any more proof look at the past two games, especially the Miami game. How many times did 2 or 3 guys creep up to blitz and Cassel continues running the play? If a QB either can't figure out that a blitz is coming or the HC has said don't check down I don't care the QB isn't doing his job. No other excuse.
    Without having their playbook, you dont know that he isnt changing the play when they are blitzing. A lot of times I saw Baldwin in there blocking. Do you know for a fact that the play was designed to have our rookie WR who just got back from a broken hand blocking on the LOS during a blitz? Or did maybe Cassel read a blitz and audibled to get more blockers.

As it was, he was getting hurried and hit when they rushed 4 people against our 5, so I dont think you can truly say he isnt making reads.

Its not like they were bringing 8 guys and leaving someone wide open. They were usually bringing 5 guys, or 6, and rarely 7. That leaves 5 or 6 guys (occasionally 4) in coverage. Its hard to find someone open when that have more people in coverage than you have going out on routes.

Im not saying Cassel is God. Im just saying he gives us the best chance to win. There is a slim chance that Stanzi or Palko are going to be so much better at QB. If you think the season is lost and we might as well suck to get the best draft positioning, then bench Cassel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12