Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Palko on Monday night?

Hybrid View

Default Palko on Monday night?

Just heard on the radio that Cassel left the stadium with his throwing hand wrapped up. They were saying it's possible he might not be available Monday night. That's what Leaf Vliesic was saying...however you spell his crazy name.
    Anyone heard any updates?

I have not heard anything but Im all for the move even if Cassel isnt healthy. Its time to make some changes!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I read on KCChiefs.com that he was injured in the last quarter and could not return. Haley said they would be looking at him this week. Cassel said he wanted to return but was unable.

It is probably not all that serious, these guys heal quickly, but I am all for trying out Palko a couple of games, something has to change.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Yeah, im for trying it out. Nothing like throwing Palko into the fire on a monday night against a great team with a limited playbook, though. Not like we had a chance in Hell of beating them at home, anyways. But, at least if he doesn't do something exceptional, Cassel can step back and it's not like he is returning from ineffectiveness so everybody saves face.

I'm all for seeing what we have with the other two QB's. I'd tell Palko that he's starting at the Patriots and Stanzi he's starting the week after that to give him more time.

Before anyone says we're in a divisional race hear me out. I believe that some...just some of Cassel's inaccuracy is due to injuries and that he's so scared he'll be replaced that he tough's it out. Granted he's a tough guy anyway but all players know that any guy can be replaced by a guy that starts showing his true colors and plays well. Not saying Palko or Stanzi would do that but there's always gotta be that fear.

By doing that we see what we have in Palko and Stanzi, Cassel rests two weeks and can heal up. My season prediction for the Chiefs that I made around five days ago in another thread went up in smoke yesterday. I honestly don't see the team we saw in the past two weeks winning the division. I'm not saying wave the white flag. I'm saying look to the future and save what might have to be our QB for the next year or two from himself and his "must play" attitude.

No matter how you slice it, unless Cassel has a genuine injury, it would be surrendering the season and announcing Cassel is on the way out. Secondly, you are putting young guys out there, who don't know how to read defenses at all, to get beat to death with this OL. Now if you're aim is to get these young guys some experience, you throw them out there and live with three and outs so the OL can be loaded up with 7 linemen and just have 3 receivers knowing we won't win, but the two new guys will get some real game reps. But, don't kid yourself, it is announcing the season is over for us.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    No matter how you slice it, unless Cassel has a genuine injury, it would be surrendering the season and announcing Cassel is on the way out. Secondly, you are putting young guys out there, who don't know how to read defenses at all, to get beat to death with this OL. Now if you're aim is to get these young guys some experience, you throw them out there and live with three and outs so the OL can be loaded up with 7 linemen and just have 3 receivers knowing we won't win, but the two new guys will get some real game reps. But, don't kid yourself, it is announcing the season is over for us.
    Quoted for truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Quoted for truth.
    Well, i think everyone believes it's a genuine injury. Cassel's a tough guy and wouldn't go out like that. But, since he DOES have an injury, i wouldn't mind seeing another face in there....like I said earlier, Palko would be up against it, due to limited playbook and reps and against a killer team. I'm not worried about divisional races. This team has issues so i'm cool with rolling the dice and seeing what it would look like.

No matter how you slice it, unless Cassel has a genuine injury, it would be surrendering the season and announcing Cassel is on the way out.
    A QB isn't going to walk out of a stadium knowing that people are watching every player leave with a throwing hand wrapped. It just isn't going to happen so yes, I think the injury is genuine.

Secondly, you are putting young guys out there, who don't know how to read defenses at all, to get beat to death with this OL.
    How is this any different than what Cassel is doing now? He's not reading defenses and if you need any more proof look at the past two games, especially the Miami game. How many times did 2 or 3 guys creep up to blitz and Cassel continues running the play? If a QB either can't figure out that a blitz is coming or the HC has said don't check down I don't care the QB isn't doing his job. No other excuse.

Now if you're aim is to get these young guys some experience, you throw them out there and live with three and outs so the OL can be loaded up with 7 linemen and just have 3 receivers knowing we won't win, but the two new guys will get some real game reps. But, don't kid yourself, it is announcing the season is over for us.
    I'm curious again, how is this different than now? Six scoring drives in the last 11 quarters of football? I'll even include the 10 pts in the 1st quarter of the Chargers game...eight scoring drives in the last 12 quarters. What exactly are we losing? I'd say two possessions a quarter is a good average over the long haul. That means 8 possessions a game, meaning we've had 3 and outs, stalled drives or whatever 16/24 times...if scoring 33% of the time is getting the job done then wow. Also consider that of that 33%, (8 out of 24 drives) five of those have been field goals. Just to add that all up, that's 36 pts and the Patriots just put up 37 on the Jets last night...in one game.

Getting your starting QB healed up, seeing what you have in new people isn't announcing the season is over it's called being prepared for the long haul. If you can honestly say that with Cassel being dinged up the way he is and the way he's played that he's going to lead us to victory over the Patriots on Monday night in their stadium then...well, I really don't know what to say. I'm sure I'll probably get called out for not being a "real" fan now though or something.

No kidding. Like it's a success story now. This team had a league leading 130+ straight offensive plays without a TD? We wouldn't be losing much productivity, if people are defending that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast