Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Chiefs K Dave Rayner Named AFC Special Teams Player of the Week

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Grain Valley, MO
    Posts
    2,425
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Chiefs K Dave Rayner Named AFC Special Teams Player of the Week


    0 Not allowed!
    The NFL announced on Wednesday that Chiefs K Dave Rayner was named the AFC Special Teams Player of the Week for his game at San Diego (9/30).

    Rayner tied a career high when he converted all three of his field goal attempts (21, 25 and 41 yards). He also connected on three PATs to tie a career best with 12 points. Rayner landed all seven of his kickoffs inside the 10-yard line with one touchback.

    The Oxford, Michigan native joined the Chiefs as a free agent on September 11th. Rayner has made six of seven FGs and all five PATs for 23 points in three games on the season. Rayner originally entered the NFL as a sixth-round draft pick (202nd overall) of Indianapolis. He has played in 33 games, connecting on 32 of 43 FGs and 36 of 37 PATs for 132 points during his career.

    Rayner was a four-year letterman at Michigan State, concluding his career as the Spartans all-time leader in points (334), made field goals (62) and extra points (148). He was a prep standout at Oxford High School in Oxford, Michigan.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

  2. #11
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Grain Valley, MO
    Posts
    2,425
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    It was and he is 47 years old now!!
    And he made some field goals last week... Damn. I wonder if he is a grandpa yet.

    BTW, did anybody see the replay of the punter running the fake punt for a first down? That was pretty cool. Romo's scramble off of the bad snap was crazy as well.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

  3. #12
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,123
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    And he made some field goals last week... Damn. I wonder if he is a grandpa yet.

    BTW, did anybody see the replay of the punter running the fake punt for a first down? That was pretty cool. Romo's scramble off of the bad snap was crazy as well.
    All of the TV sportsfigures were giddy about that Romo run. I was hearing alot about how it was the "greatest four yard gain, of all time". Funny. All of those guys look old enough to have seen Barry Sanders play, to me.

  4. #13
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Grain Valley, MO
    Posts
    2,425
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    All of the TV sportsfigures were giddy about that Romo run. I was hearing alot about how it was the "greatest four yard gain, of all time". Funny. All of those guys look old enough to have seen Barry Sanders play, to me.
    That Romo scramble was crazy, though. I give him props for how he's played so far. I wasn't sold on Romo at the beginning of the season but now I think he is really developing into one of the league's better QB's.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

  5. #14
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,123
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    That Romo scramble was crazy, though. I give him props for how he's played so far. I wasn't sold on Romo at the beginning of the season but now I think he is really developing into one of the league's better QB's.
    Toally agree. I hate the Cowboys, but can't deny that Romo is earning alot of the hype he has been recieving.

  6. #15
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Toally agree. I hate the Cowboys, but can't deny that Romo is earning alot of the hype he has been recieving.
    He is the Dbowe of Dallas.

    He brings a lot of positive emotion to the team.

    I felt so bad for him last year when he dropped the extra point!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  7. #16
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Posts
    3,715
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ebr0 View Post
    We dont need ESPN to give us any rep we get it all through players of the week. That just means we are doin good where it matters on the field.
    True. we have had players get recognition so it's only a matter of time till the whole team does also.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

    Official thread killer I have heard.

  8. #17
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,044
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 246
    Given: 436

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    All of the TV sportsfigures were giddy about that Romo run. I was hearing alot about how it was the "greatest four yard gain, of all time". Funny. All of those guys look old enough to have seen Barry Sanders play, to me.
    True, he's no Barry Sanders, but he is a play maker.


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •