Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's not our QB and it's not our WR's

Default It's not our QB and it's not our WR's

Cassel is not a bad qb but he's also not a guy that makes quick decision he's a vey methodical type guy he needs a good line otherwise his passes will suck and the WR's will drop the ball. Our O-line sucks period and it has sucked since well before Cassel came here. Our d-line is terrible as well we can't stuff the run even when we know for a fact it's a run this can't happen. Our draft needs to be all about the O-line and D-line we need to protect our qb and make the other qb's life a living hell otherwise we will keep losing games. We can try and be as fancy as we want on offense of defense but it all starts at the line and if you have huge holes in yours then your screwed. If we build our line up and Cassel still isn't getting it done get rid of him but I don't see that happening.

I'm with you. We have 1st class receivers. We have 1st class RB's. We have 1st class secondary and better-than-average LB's. Pioli and Haley have taken a really bad team and got great skill players dirt cheap. How they overlooked the lines is puzzling. Last year the run and quick passes masked how terrible the OL was. This year, teams are scheming for it-a la the beat-down Baltimore put on us. I do think our DL could be sufficient if the OL could keep drives going and give them a rest.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Cassel is not a bad qb but he's also not a guy that makes quick decision he's a vey methodical type guy he needs a good line otherwise his passes will suck and the WR's will drop the ball. Our O-line sucks period and it has sucked since well before Cassel came here. Our d-line is terrible as well we can't stuff the run even when we know for a fact it's a run this can't happen. Our draft needs to be all about the O-line and D-line we need to protect our qb and make the other qb's life a living hell otherwise we will keep losing games. We can try and be as fancy as we want on offense of defense but it all starts at the line and if you have huge holes in yours then your screwed. If we build our line up and Cassel still isn't getting it done get rid of him but I don't see that happening.
    It does all start up front on both lines.

This is the best thread Ive seen in months.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    I'm with you. We have 1st class receivers. We have 1st class RB's. We have 1st class secondary and better-than-average LB's. Pioli and Haley have taken a really bad team and got great skill players dirt cheap. How they overlooked the lines is puzzling. Last year the run and quick passes masked how terrible the OL was. This year, teams are scheming for it-a la the beat-down Baltimore put on us. I do think our DL could be sufficient if the OL could keep drives going and give them a rest.
    I agree with everything except the bold part. We have two very good LBs (Hali and DJ) and two LBs who dont really do much else (Houston and whomever is starting at the other ILB spot). I will give Houston a year or two since he is a rookie and he did hold out for awhile.

Our DL is very inconsistent. There were drives where our DL got great penetration and pushed them back, and then there were the 20 yard runs where the linemen where nowhere to be found, and the LBs had one or two linemen sealing them off.

Before these last two games I was hoping we would get an ILB and a RT with the 1st two picks, either order. Now I am not sure that we dont need more help up front than one lineman. I hope we look into FA for some help on the line. Problem is I dont know where the biggest weakness is on offense to know where to start looking!
    Last edited by jap1; 11-14-2011 at 09:22 PM.

I agree with you. The only other thing I will add, is we do not have a "system" that our offense is working in. When you've had as many Offensive Coordinators as we've had, in such a short period of time, (and no summer to get ready), you're not going to be on the same page. And they are not. You need a system that every person understands, inside and out. Until we have coaching consistancy, we won't have much success.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I agree with everything except the bold part. We have two very good LBs (Hali and DJ) and two LBs who dont really do much else (Houston and whomever is starting at the other ILB spot). I will give Houston a year or two since he is a rookie and he did hold out for awhile.

Our DL is very inconsistent. There were drives where our DL got great penetration and pushed them back, and then there were the 20 yard runs where the linemen where nowhere to be found, and the LBs had one or two linemen sealing them off.

Before these last two games I was hoping we would get an ILB and a RT with the 1st two picks, either order. Now I am not sure that we dont need more help up front than one lineman. I hope we look into FA for some help on the line. Problem is I dont know where the biggest weakness is on offense to know where to start looking!
    I only imagine how different our LB situation would be now if we would have picked up Orakpo instead of Tyson Jackson like I wanted the Chiefs to. Hali and Orakpo both might have had 10+ sacks and would be pro-bowlers year after year.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post

I re-watched Bronco's game and our D-line wasn't that bad, I even say that was one of the best (or less bad) games in this season. But when it came to LB, was awful. Added to safeties against run, even worse.
    DJ play below what he has done in recent games, Hali didn't know what to do, Houston was inconsistent as all season he has been. They where the best among LB+safeties. The others just sucked.
    Broncos always sent in route their WR so our CB weren't a factor in the running game, and they are good against run.
    With this personnel, I don't know what I've done different to stop the running attack. But I know that if Berry and Siller were in the game, things would be different.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    It does all start up front on both lines.
    Very much this.

I didn't get to watch the game live, so I just assumed The Broncos were just plain running all over us.

But, after having seen what was going on, they were using Tebow as a very effective decoy, which kept us guessing all day.

Now, obviously, they were running all over us, and often just lining up and doing it head-to-head style quite a bit too. So I am not saying that the defense didn't get beat up.

But I think Fox came into this one with a very good plan, knowing that we are likely to over-extend our pass-rushing efforts, due to poor pass-rush so far, and, with Tebow in a position of needing to prove something, running the ball, and using Tebow as a running, and passing decoy, I think he found a major flaw in our defense, and just hammered it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast