Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If cassel can't go and palko stinks

Default If cassel can't go and palko stinks

I hope they try stanzi out in the monday night game. What could we lose by trying him out?

I myself would rather see Stanzi then palko. It would be better to see just what we have in that draft pick. If we are to afraid to ever play him then what was the point of drafting him? Right now he can't look much worse then the offense does with Cassel.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Play Stanzi. We draft a QB to mold him into a starter right. We don't draft a QB to mold him into a back up QB and now is his chance to prove himself. It's no different from what Christian Ponder is doing in Minnesota and what Andy Dalton is doing in Cincinnati. What are we waiting for? Haley to make up his mind again!

Just hope this cASSel injury turns into what Drew Bledsoe injury was to Tom Brady. I mean .. may be is our lucky time and we found a Gem in Stanzi, may be not. But if we don't take the risk on Stanzi right away we will never know.

I liked watching Stanzi at Iowa. He has talent and if he hadn't of gotten injured against Northwestern, their season would have been completely different. They barely lost that game and I think it would have been totally different against Ohio State if he had played. You're looking at a possible national championship team, with a complete defense and a very good running attack, along with an above average QB that could throw the ball at any time, anywhere on the field.

Too put it simply, put in Stanzi and let him show what he can do.

My first response to this was NO... emphatically, NO. But I've given the topic some thought and think that they should give Stanzi a couple weeks to prepare for a game with one of the assistant coaches. Sit him down and prepare Stanzi to face the New York Jets. Give him a good 4 weeks of prep and let the guy loose with a full playbook and a full week of practice with the #1s leading up to the game.

See what you have in the rookie. Either way, the Chiefs have probably seen their last victory of the season already. At least getting a glimpse of a prepared Stanzi could give you an idea of which way to go with your top 5 pick. Luck is probably off the board by the time the Chiefs pick, but Barkley could still be there... as could to OT Matt Kalil. Landry Jones will be there as well. All 3 of those QBs have "franchise QB" upside. A wild card could also be Robert Griffin from Baylor.

I would love to see Stanzi be "the guy" because that would free up the first round pick for other position(s). The way I see the rest of the season playing out is like this:

Indianapolis will lose the rest of their games. Their schedule is almost as brutal as the Chiefs. They will have the #1 pick overall. Count on it.

St. Louis has 2 more wins coming. 2 against SEA. 4 wins

Carolina has 3 more wins in them. One against Tampa, IND, and one upset. 5 wins

Minnesota has a tough road ahead. They've got 3 wins coming as well. They'll beat Denver, Washington and pull off an upset. 5 wins

Washington will beat SEA. 4 wins

Philly will beat SEA and Wash. 5 wins

Sea is done winning. 3 wins

Arizona will beat St. Louis, Sea, and Cleveland and end up with 6 wins

Miami wins 3 more against DAL, OAK, and PHI. 5 wins.

Cleveland is done winning. 3 wins.

Jacksonville has 2 wins left. Against CLE and IND. 5 wins.

Denver has 1 win left against KC. 5 wins.

Chiefs are done winning. 4 wins.

Draft order:
    1.IND
    2.SEA
    3.CLE
    4.STL
    5.WSH
    6.KC
    7.PHI
    8.MIN
    9.CAR
    10.JAX
    11.MIA
    12.DEN
    13.ARI

If that's where we're going to be, I'd rather trade down with someone who wants one of the QBs and pick up ILB Burfict. What excites me is that I already loved this dude last season and looking at some of the mocks out there already, they've got this guy picked for us quite often. This guy is the next stud ILB. With the additional picks we get, I'd address the OL and NT position early and often.

I see what you mean about getting Stanzi ready, but unfortunately, that may not be possible. We can't predict what will happen to Palco in the coming games. Hopefully they've been working with him since the lockout ended and he's been learning the play book. Things happen and you should always be prepared.

let palko play, if he is terrible yhen you have to give stanzi a shot. even if palko is moderately ok, you can get stanzi some playing time just for experience. if we continue to spiral down then you throw stanzi in the last 2 games in hopes he sparks the team and we finish on a high note. IMO anyway
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

I think we have to be careful here. We have a bad Oline and are playing against really good bloodthirsty Defenses, and it would be bad if this situation ruined our young prospect. However we need to play him some to see what hes made of. If it looks like he can't handle the starting position than it tells us to find one in the off season.

let Palko start. he has more experience with the starters. you start Stanzi against NE your throwing him to the lions. they'll eat him to the bone.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast