Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs should trade for peyton manning

Default Chiefs should trade for peyton manning

AFter the season if stanzi doesn't work out.

Manning will never be a Chief.

Quote Originally Posted by MissingTBone View Post
    Part of the reason Manning is so good is the protection he gets from his ol. If he were to play behind our line he would get hit a lot more, leading to poor performance. If you look back on the games where his protection was getting shredded he had bad games.
    The Colts line hasn't been good for Quite some time, at least a couple of years. That team has been Manning.

Manning makes everyone else on that team look better.

Quote Originally Posted by Codac View Post
    9-11 is not that great. A good portion of those came from his only good showing in the playoffs when he finally won his first and last superbowl. Not trying to knock on one of the greatest quarterbacks of all-time. Just saying, he wasn't exactly the best quarterback in the post-season. I would take Big Ben, Brady, or hell I might even take Eli before I took Peyton in the playoffs.
    It's Better than 0-1 (Cassel)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I wouldn't hate it, but let's be honest what this does to the future of the organization. We would get a 35 year-old quarterback that just suffered a very serious neck injury and would have been out of the league for a year. What do we get out of him? Maybe two years tops? They are saying there are chances he might not even play again. This team needs to take a shot in the first round with out likely early draft pick this year, and let him develop. There is a lot of talent coming out in the draft.
    So what happens when we finish the year with six wins and can't draft one of the top four qbs available? You would rather have a "young" Matt Cassel for two years? Then get rid of him because he's garbage?

Umm yes I'll take Peyton Manning for a few years. Please don't let me see Cassel or Palko take another snap for the Chiefs. Do people seriously think this wouldn't be worth the gamble?

Manning is a high cost high risk if in fact he does leave which I dont think that will ever happen. He'll be back with the Colts next year.

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    Manning is a high cost high risk if in fact he does leave which I dont think that will ever happen. He'll be back with the Colts next year.
    Exactly, I don't see him leaving the Colts, EVEN if they draft Andrew Luck. If they get Luck they could do what the Packers did with Rodgers.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Manning will never be a Chief.
    Im pretty sure they said the same of joe montana......

Drew Bree's picked in the second round of the draft, Ben Roethlisberger, 11th pick in the draft, Aron Rodgers, 24 pick, Joe Flacco, 18th pick, Andy Dalton, 35th pick, Tom Brady, 6th round pick, Point being you dont need to get a top pick to get a top QB. just sayin. Yes I threw Andy in there, he's a rookie but he's pretty good and expect him to get much better.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Im pretty sure they said the same of joe montana......
    Montana was being squeezed out of San Fransisco and the Chiefs were actually vying for him. Such is not the case in Indianapolis with Manning.

I'm tired of bringing in other peoples qb's. I would much rather draft a prospect and groom him into a superbowl-winning qb untill he he is past his prime, then watch other teams beg us for his services. Thats the qb I want.
    Last edited by Bike; 12-07-2011 at 11:06 PM.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    I'm tired of bringing in other peoples qb's. I would much rather draft a prospect and groom him into a superbowl-winning qb untill he he is past his prime, then watch other teams beg us for his services. Thats the qb I want.
    I agree with you. We have Zorn on the staff and I have faith that he could groom a true QBOTF whether it's Stanzi or another draft pick.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast