Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Packers @ Chiefs 12/18 - Packers Fan

Default Packers @ Chiefs 12/18 - Packers Fan

We will be in KC for the Chiefs|Packers game, tickets in section 116. Just wondering how the atmosphere is at Arrowhead, I have never been to a game there before.

We are Packers fans, but respectful fans, not obnoxious crap talking slobs. I assume Arrowhead is like any other stadium I have vistited as a fan of the opposing team and we are prepared to receive some banter and crap talk, but for the most part if we're respectful to the home team fans they generally are decent.

Am I close? Or should we bring the kevlar and riot gear?

Thanks and here's to a good game!

Quote Originally Posted by onalaska98 View Post
    We will be in KC for the Chiefs|Packers game, tickets in section 116. Just wondering how the atmosphere is at Arrowhead, I have never been to a game there before.

We are Packers fans, but respectful fans, not obnoxious crap talking slobs. I assume Arrowhead is like any other stadium I have vistited as a fan of the opposing team and we are prepared to receive some banter and crap talk, but for the most part if we're respectful to the home team fans they generally are decent.

Am I close? Or should we bring the kevlar and riot gear?

Thanks and here's to a good game!
    Kevlar and riot gear?!? Good god man, do you think us Raiders fans?!?

As you said if you're respectful and give as good as you get you'll be fine. Arrowhead is one of the friendliest stadiums I've been to. Then again I've been drinking and so stuffed with excellent BBQ that getting out of my chair and into the game is the only thing that I think I'm capable of doing.

Generally the people down in the bowl are not as obnoxious. I have season tickets in 117 and it's a good area as far as the fans. I wouldn't worry about trash talk when you guys are rolling to 19-0...

I think as long as your group is respectful then you won't have a problem. You will most likely get a couple of friendly verbal jabs and banter but I don't think you will be mistreated at all.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Honestly, there are a lot of parallels between Lambeau and Arrowhead. Fans for the most part are very respectful. And it will be very loud when the Packers are on offense.

And like Lambeau, people love to tailgate.

I would expect nothing less than what you all have reported. Sounds like great fans that like to have fun and exchange a little banter. I fully expect the Chiefs fans to make it loud as hell in there when #12 is under center ;) Hopefully we will have fun people around us for the game.

Any suggestions on where to pregame? Good sports bars close? I have only been past Arrowhead once and it didn't look like Lambeau where there are establishments in walking distance. Perhaps we will need to bring the grill and gear with and full on tailgate...

Here's to beer warmer than the air temperature - yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by onalaska98 View Post
    I would expect nothing less than what you all have reported. Sounds like great fans that like to have fun and exchange a little banter. I fully expect the Chiefs fans to make it loud as hell in there when #12 is under center ;) Hopefully we will have fun people around us for the game.

Any suggestions on where to pregame? Good sports bars close? I have only been past Arrowhead once and it didn't look like Lambeau where there are establishments in walking distance. Perhaps we will need to bring the grill and gear with and full on tailgate...

Here's to beer warmer than the air temperature - yikes!
    Tailgate in the parking lot. There isnt much near the stadium as far as bars etc, but you will have way more fun in the parking lot than anywhere else!!

I got a couple of friends who are *sigh* ...49ers fans and they come to Arrowhead whenever we play and they have always been treated with respect. The usual sh!t talk goes on but not like a lot of other stadiums I have been to. Its a great time, but I kinda feel bad that you are gonna make the trip all the way to KC just to see the Pack lose their first game of the year!!

Now get out there and kick the sh!t outta the Raiders!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

i like the packers. always have. and theyre a great team this season, and i think they did very well for themselves not really having to change or adjust much in the off season which has proven to be a big advantage this season for teams with that luxury.

hopefully youll enjoy your time at arrowhead. yeah we're not raiders fans or anything so i dont think you should be good leaving your kevlar at home.

sadly everytime i think of the packers though i think of aaron rogers and when i think of rogers i think of that lame insurance commercial hes on and then i find myself thinking "Discount doublecheck!" :/

Quote Originally Posted by iratefan View Post
    i like the packers. always have. and theyre a great team this season, and i think they did very well for themselves not really having to change or adjust much in the off season which has proven to be a big advantage this season for teams with that luxury.

hopefully youll enjoy your time at arrowhead. yeah we're not raiders fans or anything so i dont think you should be good leaving your kevlar at home.

sadly everytime i think of the packers though i think of aaron rogers and when i think of rogers i think of that lame insurance commercial hes on and then i find myself thinking "Discount doublecheck!" :/
    I have the same line of thinking except my problem goes one step further. After I think of that commercial I always think of that cross eyed guy in the window that's wearing the cheese head hat and a jersey screaming "Aaron Rodgers! Discount double check!" It does kinda crack me up though, won't lie.

Best fans on earth! If some jackass gets out of line, only because you've got a Pack jersey on, the rest of us that are anywhere near you will take care of it. Never seen a problem. Just don't go singing Go Pack Go in our house if you win, that's just salt in a wound. But have a blast. You'll Love KC and Arrowhead. It's a great place to be!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast