Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs should trade for peyton manning

Default Chiefs should trade for peyton manning

AFter the season if stanzi doesn't work out.

We need to beef up our O-line and D-line with this draft. Not another QB. Let's see what Stanzi can do now so that we can maybe consider a QB.

I agree. Enough with getting others table scraps. Peyton, although a incredible QB, now has a very big mark on his back. We take him, and get 1 maybe two out of him, he gets cranked, and thats it. We develop what we have, or trade for a good draft pick. Ever wonder how Brady Quinn would have done had Cleveland not scooped us?

As Jesse Jackson would say
    "Keep Hope Alive!!" I know ... Cheese!

I would rather give up a bunch and trade up with Indy for Andrew Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I would rather give up a bunch and trade up with Indy for Andrew Luck.
    After watching a few games and listening to people talk about the Oregon vs Stanford game I just don't know about Luck. He might be a great QB but what I saw isn't worth trading the farm for one pick. Would I like to have him? Yes, but not at the cost of what it would take to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    After watching a few games and listening to people talk about the Oregon vs Stanford game I just don't know about Luck. He might be a great QB but what I saw isn't worth trading the farm for one pick. Would I like to have him? Yes, but not at the cost of what it would take to get him.
    I watched part of the Oregon vs Stanford game, and Luck was not the reason they lost that game.

Oregon ran all over Stanford like the Broncos did the chiefs, LaMicheal James had like 3 TD's! and the Duck's averaged like 7yds a play! Standford didn't have an answer to Oregon's Offense, and the INT of luck's that I saw him throw, was because a Freshman TE tipped up the ball to a LB.

I'm not saying we are going to get him, and I do think it would take a lot to trade up to get him (I think the only team that will trade that pick would be St. Louis)

I'm just saying from what I watched of that game, they didn't loose because of Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    I watched part of the Oregon vs Stanford game, and Luck was not the reason they lost that game.

Oregon ran all over Stanford like the Broncos did the chiefs, LaMicheal James had like 3 TD's! and the Duck's averaged like 7yds a play! Standford didn't have an answer to Oregon's Offense, and the INT of luck's that I saw him throw, was because a Freshman TE tipped up the ball to a LB.

I'm not saying we are going to get him, and I do think it would take a lot to trade up to get him (I think the only team that will trade that pick would be St. Louis)

I'm just saying from what I watched of that game, they didn't loose because of Luck.
    That's interesting, hadn't heard that kind of perspective. Still haven't watched the game and now I probably won't get the chance to.

Even if Luck is the stud everyone makes him out to be it's become apparent that while we've got some first stringers are that are pretty darn good (or have the potential to be) we have first string holes and the need for talented backups. Just don't want to trade away a couple firsts, one or two seconds and a third to get Luck. I'm thinking that's about what it'd take with the Luck frenzy that's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    That's interesting, hadn't heard that kind of perspective. Still haven't watched the game and now I probably won't get the chance to.

Even if Luck is the stud everyone makes him out to be it's become apparent that while we've got some first stringers are that are pretty darn good (or have the potential to be) we have first string holes and the need for talented backups. Just don't want to trade away a couple firsts, one or two seconds and a third to get Luck. I'm thinking that's about what it'd take with the Luck frenzy that's going on.

Heck it might take more than that; remember the ATL trade to get Julio Jones: 2011 and 2012 first round picks, a 2011 second round pick and both 2011 and 2012 fourth round picks.

And that was to move to pick #5 I think....

So with the #1 you might be looking at like swapping this years first rounder, next years first, and like 2 second rounders, or possibly tossing on a 3rd too.

Pioli would not give up so many picks for Luck. He would trade back before moving up. Lets see what Palko and Stanzi can give us first. What do we have to lose? The afc west sucks and no matter who wins it won't get past the first round. IMO..

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    Pioli would not give up so many picks for Luck. He would trade back before moving up. Lets see what Palko and Stanzi can give us first. What do we have to lose? The afc west sucks and no matter who wins it won't get past the first round. IMO..
    I agree, I wasn't saying I thought we would, it's not Pioli's M.O.

Just saying it will take a lot for any team to move up there to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    I agree, I wasn't saying I thought we would, it's not Pioli's M.O.

Just saying it will take a lot for any team to move up there to get him.
    I am not suggesting we do that, I am just saying I would rather do that than trade for Manning. He may be retired as it is and just does not know it.

it is really going to suck having Luck in Indy.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast