Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs should trade for peyton manning

Default Chiefs should trade for peyton manning

AFter the season if stanzi doesn't work out.

Why don't we bring back Joe Montana while were at it?
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Why don't we bring back Joe Montana while were at it?

Got us to an afc west title game there smart a$$

Woudnt be worth it unless we win the SB

Believe it or not there is actually an article on NFL.com about where Manning might end up.... And we are on that list rated as a likely place for him to end up haha.

Here it is...

I think we'd really benefit from him as a manager of the game, but, and it's a big BUT- No QB is going to flourish here until we have a solid line to protect him and give him a running attack to set up the passing game.

The extract from the NFL.com article Jrudi was talking about:
    The Midwest. America's heartland. A lifestyle he's grown accustomed to. Some pretty nice weapons to throw to in Dwayne Bowe, Jonathan Baldwin and Steve Breaston, and potentially a healthy Jamaal Charles. A solid front office. Hey, Joe Montana did it, and if Joe can do it, anyone can. Manning would be a really nice fit in K.C. -- he'd be comfortable there. The Chiefs are the first of the potential suitors on this list that I really think could make a run for Manning. The AFC West is up for grabs every year, and he immediately makes them a contender.
    Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    I think we'd really benefit from him as a manager of the game, but, and it's a big BUT- No QB is going to flourish here until we have a solid line to protect him and give him a running attack to set up the passing game.
    Not so sure about that, Manning really hasn't had all that great of an offensive line in recent years (I know they haven't went to the SB in recent years, but are still always in the mix)

When I first heard this I completely dismissed it, and didn't like the idea, then I thought about it a little bit, about what if Manning was a chief, and It actually doesn't sound like a bad idea.

let's look at this: The main thing this team lacks is a better o-line, an upgrade somewhere on the D-line, and a Franchise QB.

So this Offseason, we sign manning -a proven franchise QB- (if he is cut, which has been mentioned to possibly happen) to let's say a 3 year contract (if he is healthy) This would allow us options.

We could now add O-line or D-line early in the draft rather than the talk about a QB (Lets say an OT like Riley Reif from Iowa, and now we have options to leave Albert at LOT, move him in to guard for Lilja, or move him to RT, all depending on how Gaither/Richardson are doing.) This would help our O-line out significantly, and now doesn't look like that weak of a position group.

With Manning on a 3 year contract (that hopefully lasts, if we solidify our O-line) It would allow us to develop a QB while still being competitive (weather that is Stanzi, or we take a 1st rounder in 2013, or a 2nd or 3rd rounder, it would set us up for success after Manning would be gone, and the young QB could take over in year 3 when most say things click for young qb's) The young QB would soak in the "Winning attitude" that is being displayed by manning.

If you really think about it, He would be in a better situation here than he has ever been in Indy. With our play maker WR's, our running game is better than he has ever had in Indy, and our Defense is better now that he has ever had in Indy (not to mention what it could be with a little help) If we did it right, we could create a situation like Aaron Rogers was in Green Bay, I think the biggest mistake teams make when they have a Franchise QB is that they don't focus on replacing them when it is time to: A La The Dallas Cowboys with Troy Aikman, took a long time to find that next QB, and haven't had success since, then you look at Situation like Green Bay with Favre and Rogers, or the 49ers when they let Young take over for Montanna. If we prep correctly, we could be in a really good situation.

I'm not saying that it will happen (I understand it's still the middle of the season) I'm just saying if it did happen, I don't think I would be all that upset, and it could actually place us in a position to compete now, and set us up for the future.

Has anyone else remembered he has a neck injury that has ended the career of every other NFL player to have it? He broke a vertebra and crushed a disc! Others have tried to come back, but no one has. They have used metal strips to screw and glue 3 vertebra together to stabilize the broken vertebra and the crushed disc. He is the worlds stupidest human being to get back in a game that could paralyze him and even kill him. I think he's stupid enough to play again, for about 3 hits if he's lucky, then gone for good. I have 2 vertebra that are fractured and 2 discs that are crushed in my lower back-I am 43 it happened when I was 35. I am a tough guy-farmer and mechanic and truck driver. I can't work anymore and I ain't getting crushed under 380# linemen or smashed by 300# linebackers. Do any of you understand that IF he comes back, he will be absolutely NO GOOD on the field anymore?

As I said, I'm not saying this should happen.

I was simply stating that if all of the situations work out, he comes back this season for the colts and plays a few games and seems healthy, if he his cleared to play, etc.

Just talking about the possibility, that if everything works out, I wouldn't be upset to see him in a Chiefs uniform if he is healthy.

I understand it is a serious injury, and I hope the best for his health, and that if there is the high possibility of detrimental damages that will significantly affect his day to day life after football, I hope he makes the right decision to call it quits. I understand this is not Fantasy Football, and he is a human being.

Just speculating what if...

Well not to change the subject but, I watched Tebow vs Jets last night and the guy sucks but he is smart and runs the ball well. It was really kinda funny because I wanted the Donks to lose but in the end I found myself rooting for him, lol. Denvers D is really looking good. The look on Rex Ryan's face well, was priceless!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast