Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: It's the coaching stupid...

Default It's the coaching stupid...

Haley is a failed experiment and it needs to stop asap. How many times do we need to see this team show up COMPLETELY unprepared before people begin to realize it's not ALL on the players? I see so much complaining about Cassel and NOTHING about Haley... it's baffling to me. The guy starts out 0-2 in BLOWOUTS to coaches who use to be with the organization and ultimately goes 0-3. Then, he wins a couple games against 2 of the worst teams in the league and pulls one off against a Raiders team who didn't have a QB and suddenly he's getting a pass!

Losses AT HOME to an 0-7 Miami team and a Denver team with possibly the worst QB in the league who only completed 2 passes is inexcusable. This team is NEVER prepared. It showed in preseason and the first 3 games of the season and has now reared its head again these past 2 weeks.

I saw nothing but excuses for this team for the Miami loss. Almost EVERY team has to play on Monday night!! That's no excuse for getting blown the #uck out by an 0-7 team at home. Guess what, it's about to happen again against a better Pittsburgh team after the monday night game at New England.

What kills me is that now with Cassel having surgery on his hand, there's going to be all this BS defense of Haley that he's lost so many of his starters to injury. It doesn't matter who he's lost. The fact that the Chiefs can't be competitive has nothing to do with losing starters. Yeah, you may lose games because of that, but not being at least competitive and prepared week in and week out lays squarely on the head coach. If you can't figure out that Denver is going to run the ball and do something to prevent it, THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG!!

It's painfully obvious that the Chiefs can't circle any one game on their remaining schedule and say, "we have a GOOD chance to win this game." In fact, you probably saw the Chiefs last win 2 weeks ago against San Diego.

Todd Haley is 3 years into his tenure here in Kansas City... he owns this. There's no more passing the buck off onto the previous regime. It's YOUR fault this team isn't prepared to compete. It's YOUR fault the offense isn't performing under your leadership. No magical beard is going to hide the fact that you are NOT a head coach. When your QB is yelling at you on the sideline that, "you don't know what the #uck you're talking about," it's probably not a good sign.

The failure isn't all on Haley. It lies on Pioli that he can't recognize how epically Haley has failed at his job. Again, this isn't about losing... this is about the manner in which this team is losing. There's no excuse for the way this team has performed since preseason and I hope that while getting completely disemboweled over the next 5 weeks, Todd Haley gets exposed for the fraud of a head coach that he truly is.

Go back to coaching golf. I hear Tiger needs some help.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    While I am not Haley's biggest supporter, and do place a whole lot of the blame for the four horrible outings this team has managed this season, Haley has done so much more with this team than Herm ever did, and I really am not too terribly dissapointed in the season, at this point.

I expected little, and am getting it. Actually gotten more than I expected, so far.

Well, you have singled yourself out as being hypocritical, haven't you?

I mean "If you give Cassel a pass you have to give Haley a pass too." yet you offer a pass for Haley, and not for Cassel.

And it isn't that Cassel needs to have the ten best players around him, nor that he is"the savior".

It's that he needs better than the absolute garbage that he has had to deal with of late.

And I know that you have seen how terrible the players around him have been. Dropping countless third down passes, penalties forcing 2nd and 20, only to see two running plays called from there, and pass protection that would make The Chicago Bears' O-line feel like starting their lobbying for The HoF.

I hope Palko does better. I have liked what I have seen of him during the past two preseasons. But I don't see how he can do any better, unless the rest of the offense does so.

You focus on the QB because he is the most visible player on the offense.... Unfortunately, that has a tendency to leave you blind to the offense, just like ff fans.

And, when you acknowledge that, your opinion really is less valuable than someone who specifically looks at the whole offense.

That's not to be insulting. It's just a reality that, if you focus on the QB, thus paying less attention to the other eleven guys on the field, you have to understand that your opinion is jaded.
    HEre's the thing about coaching for this team. They have too many indians trying to call plays. Cassel is confused half the time, delay of game penalties, time-outs and other issues. The early part of this year we saw a lot of issues with the coaching staff getting plays in from the sidelines.

This is not meant to give Cassel a pass, far from it, a better quarterback could be trusted to call his own plays in those situations, I bet Rodgers does and certainly we know that both Manning brothers do. But because Cassel is not that good, he is not allowed to make those calls.

Right now, there is not one part of this team beyond reproach for this horrible season, but if I had to pick one side of the ball, then offense is clearly struggling the most, and a large part of that is coming from the playcalling that is happening.

I have never really been a huge Haley supporter, I tolerated him last season because he was winning, but he made plenty of dumb decisions. This year, I think most of the failure on offense falls squarely on his shoulders, the problems they are having with getting calls in from the sidelines is clearly something he should have worked out as the ultimate leader on this team.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    HEre's the thing about coaching for this team. They have too many indians trying to call plays. Cassel is confused half the time, delay of game penalties, time-outs and other issues. The early part of this year we saw a lot of issues with the coaching staff getting plays in from the sidelines.

This is not meant to give Cassel a pass, far from it, a better quarterback could be trusted to call his own plays in those situations, I bet Rodgers does and certainly we know that both Manning brothers do. But because Cassel is not that good, he is not allowed to make those calls.

Right now, there is not one part of this team beyond reproach for this horrible season, but if I had to pick one side of the ball, then offense is clearly struggling the most, and a large part of that is coming from the playcalling that is happening.

I have never really been a huge Haley supporter, I tolerated him last season because he was winning, but he made plenty of dumb decisions. This year, I think most of the failure on offense falls squarely on his shoulders, the problems they are having with getting calls in from the sidelines is clearly something he should have worked out as the ultimate leader on this team.
    I agree. The offense is not being put in a spot to do well. Matt Cassel has taken a lot of blame for that and he should get some. He's a part of it. But if the coaching doesn't get better then Palko and Stanzi will both struggle as well.

Haley I questioned when we brought him in. Because he had never been a head coach. In 09 I gave him a pass because NO ONE was going to win with that team. Last year I got high on him because he was a winner. But Coaching is a what have you done for me lately business and lately Haleys not done his job.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    I'd take Matt Cassel over these guys:

4. Ryan
    5. Stafford
    6. Flacco
    7. Roethlisberger
    8. Manning
    9. Manning
    10. Shaub
    11. Rivers
    12. Newton
    13. Romo
    14. Vick
    15. Freeman
    16. Bradford
    17. Dalton

YOUR CRAZY! NO WAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post

Hammer meet nail. That is an issue that is a problem. Problem that should have been fixed by now.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Well, you have singled yourself out as being hypocritical, haven't you?

I mean "If you give Cassel a pass you have to give Haley a pass too." yet you offer a pass for Haley, and not for Cassel.

And it isn't that Cassel needs to have the ten best players around him, nor that he is"the savior".

It's that he needs better than the absolute garbage that he has had to deal with of late.

And I know that you have seen how terrible the players around him have been. Dropping countless third down passes, penalties forcing 2nd and 20, only to see two running plays called from there, and pass protection that would make The Chicago Bears' O-line feel like starting their lobbying for The HoF.

I hope Palko does better. I have liked what I have seen of him during the past two preseasons. But I don't see how he can do any better, unless the rest of the offense does so.

You focus on the QB because he is the most visible player on the offense.... Unfortunately, that has a tendency to leave you blind to the offense, just like ff fans.

And, when you acknowledge that, your opinion really is less valuable than someone who specifically looks at the whole offense.

That's not to be insulting. It's just a reality that, if you focus on the QB, thus paying less attention to the other eleven guys on the field, you have to understand that your opinion is jaded.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    I'm not ready to get rid of Pioli yet. I think he needs to realize that the Cassel/Haley experiment is over and move on.
    Where exactly am I giving one a pass but not the other again? So no, really haven't singled myself out for being hypocritical. When you try to call someone out, try reading the rest of the thread or perhaps asking if I wanted Haley gone or not before calling me a hypocrite.

As for looking at the rest of the offense I have and that's why I suggest in this very same thread changes that I thought might be a decent idea. Not to mention that you're seriously going to call Bowe, Breaston, Baldwin and Battle absolute garbage?? Wow, if you don't want them I'll sure take them on my team but that's probably just my "jaded" and "less valuable" opinion showing through there isn't it?

I focus on the QB because as I said and it's the truth he handles the ball the most and in my opinion which IS just as good as yours Cassel isn't the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    I'd take Matt Cassel over these guys:

4. Ryan
    5. Stafford
    6. Flacco
    7. Roethlisberger
    8. Manning
    9. Manning
    10. Shaub
    11. Rivers
    12. Newton
    13. Romo
    14. Vick
    15. Freeman
    16. Bradford
    17. Dalton
    Are you serious? I can't say I'd rather have any of those quarterbacks over Cassel. You can't be serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Are you serious? I can't say I'd rather have any of those quarterbacks over Cassel. You can't be serious.
    Are YOU serious? You've got 3 SuperBowl winning QB's on that list and 3 more that have been a lot closer than Cassel will most likely ever get. Sorry folks but I'm gonna take a Roethlisberger and 2 Mannings over a Matt Cassel any day of the week and twice on Sunday when it counts!

Romo I'm on the fence on. Newton I think is more of a flash in the pan and once people figure out what he's about he's done. Rivers I think he's on the decline and the team he's on is getting older so if he stays it'll only get worse. Past that I have to agree I'd rather have any on that list over Cassel.

Quote Originally Posted by reded View Post
    Are YOU serious? You've got 3 SuperBowl winning QB's on that list and 3 more that have been a lot closer than Cassel will most likely ever get. Sorry folks but I'm gonna take a Roethlisberger and 2 Mannings over a Matt Cassel any day of the week and twice on Sunday when it counts!
    I may have it wrong but I think Ryfo wasn't agreeing with azchiefsfan but agreeing with with your statement...well maybe not with specifics though. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by reded View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    Romo I'm on the fence on. Newton I think is more of a flash in the pan and once people figure out what he's about he's done. Rivers I think he's on the decline and the team he's on is getting older so if he stays it'll only get worse. Past that I have to agree I'd rather have any on that list over Cassel.
    I'm sorry, in my original post I meant: "I WOULD TAKE ANY OF THOSE QUARTERBACKS OVER CASSEL."

I love what Newton is doing. I think he is going to be a great player for years to come.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast