Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: If Haley era ends?

Default If Haley era ends?

Just some thoughts, and wanting to hear oppinions....

Not calling for his head, not saying It's going to happen, or I think it should happen, but it almost looks as if Haley is on his was out....

I've heard the reports of a torn relationship between him and Pioli. I've heard the reports, about how he almost got fired because of the poor 1st half in the Indy game. And I have noticed that his personality hase changed (No longer the Fiery Hot head that lights up his players, and gets them motivated like he did last year) I've also noticed the hesitency of Cassel being scared to make mistakes, which I think has to do with the fear of him loosing his job and Haley loosing his. It's almost as if he's walking on eggshells.

So if this happens, and Haley is gone after this season, I was brainstorming ideas of who may take over, or who would be a good fit coaching wise.

Kirk Ferentz from Iowa?? He was in the mix when Pioli hired Haley, has the relationship with Piol, and.....Stanzi (not to mention Moeaki, and possibly one of the OT's that will be available in the draft)

Jeff Fisher?? Good Tenured consistent Head coach, who ran a similar style team in Tennessee for years (Run first, stout D)

Do you let Crennell return to a HC? Urban Myer?? not really sure of any connections, just throwing out the idea

With Haley gone, does Zorn take over as OC??

I know Cowher, Gruden and Billick are available, but not sure if they would want to take our team over. Out of all I could see Gruden the most likely.

Just wanted to get some thoughts on what approach people think Pioli might take (Veteran HC, Promotion from within, College experiment, or 1st time HC)

What are your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    Replying to a couple of posts....

The one about looking to some of the GB assistants, I really like that idea, All of the one's listed would more than likely be sufficient options, probably would prefer the Assistant to McCarthy, or Capers, and all would hopefully bring the "winning attitude" with them.

I don't like the Post about Josh McDaniels! in less than 2 seasons he single handily tore apart the Denver Franchise because of his ego (and people complain about Haley's old ego), McDaniels would have a hard time getting his head through the door's of Arrowhead. Would not like that one bit, and probably wouldn't want to be a Chiefs fan if he was the coach. He sent Denver into Re-Building mode when they had a fairly solid foundation there just because he showed up and wanted to do it "his way".

I also hope Haley can turn it around, I want the old Haley back to bring some emotion back into our games. If he doesn't return, then I would not be surprised or sad to see him let go. But we've got to get that fire back!
    Yeah I don't like the McDaniles thing much either but it's just what I think will happen based on his history with the pats. I think he will at least be looked at if we let haley go.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    Replying to a couple of posts....

The one about looking to some of the GB assistants, I really like that idea, All of the one's listed would more than likely be sufficient options, probably would prefer the Assistant to McCarthy, or Capers, and all would hopefully bring the "winning attitude" with them.

I don't like the Post about Josh McDaniels! in less than 2 seasons he single handily tore apart the Denver Franchise because of his ego (and people complain about Haley's old ego), McDaniels would have a hard time getting his head through the door's of Arrowhead. Would not like that one bit, and probably wouldn't want to be a Chiefs fan if he was the coach. He sent Denver into Re-Building mode when they had a fairly solid foundation there just because he showed up and wanted to do it "his way".

I also hope Haley can turn it around, I want the old Haley back to bring some emotion back into our games. If he doesn't return, then I would not be surprised or sad to see him let go. But we've got to get that fire back!
    On your comment about Josh McDaniels…I agree. I am not a fan of McDaniels at all. I think he is best served at this point honing his abilities as offensive coordinator. I can’t help but think as you alluded to, the success associated with McDaniels from his days in New England has made him think he is personally much more capable than maybe his actual experience level. He came into Denver and got rid of Mike Nolan because he “wasn’t comfortable with the type of 3-4 scheme that Nolan ran”. Personally, this shows me a quality I fear at times might be exhibited by Scott Pioli as well – they are only comfortable with things they were familiar with in New England. Being a GM or head coach IMO, means being able to think outside of the box and not be pigeonholed into trying to replicate the past.

I guess the bigger issue I would have if Haley is fired and McDaniel is brought in is not necessarily with McDaniel himself, but would be with Scott Pioli. To me this move would prove to me that my frustration with Pioli and his sometimes determination as I mentioned previously to replicate his past experience with New England here in Kansas City unfortunately might have some merit afterall. I want the Chiefs to have their own unique identity…and one blended with what worked/works in New England, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, etc. is what I would prefer.

I don’t want to hear interviews with Pioli and see personnel moves that have the feel of Pioli looking back through a photo album all of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    It's called "Rep"; add to his...I did.
    He has officially been "Rep"ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Codac View Post
    ....ok, I admit I am new...LOL.....what does being "rep'ed" mean? Hopefully it's a good thing and I haven't been blacklisted already! haha!

Quote Originally Posted by nicfre2011 View Post
    ....ok, I admit I am new...LOL.....what does being "rep'ed" mean? Hopefully it's a good thing and I haven't been blacklisted already! haha!
    There is a little balance about the name of the person. That is how you give someone some Rep. Do that when you like what someone says. It is the like button of this place. I'm not gonna lie I just learned about it as well. lol

There is a little balance about the name of the person. That is how you give someone some Rep. Do that when you like what someone says. It is the like button of this place. I'm not gonna lie I just learned about it as well. lol
    Cool! Thanks bud! I will keep that in mind!

You da man!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345