Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cassel has surgery on hand

Default Cassel has surgery on hand

Todd Haley Says Matt Cassel Had Surgery, 'Everything Went Great' - Arrowhead Pride

"Kansas City Chiefs head coach Todd Haley broke the news to the world on Monday that QB Matt Cassel had a significant hand injury that could cost him the rest of the season. Haley talked with the guys on SiriusXM NFL Radio on Wednesday morning and said the injury isn't something that will affect his career down the road and they haven't made a decision on whether he'll land on injured reserve at some point.

"It's unfortunate and Matt obviously had a pretty severe injury to this throwing hand," Haley told Adam Schein and Rich Gannon on Wednesday morning. "It's not something that will affect his career in any way, shape or form but it will definitely affect this year. He's out for this week for sure, and Tyler's our starter and Ricky Stanzi will be our backup. We haven't made any moves yet as far as a decision on Matt this season."

Haley also confirmed that Cassel had surgery earlier this week.

"He just had surgery here early this week," Haley said. "We just want to make sure that we were getting a full evaluation. Everything went great. We just want to make sure that we do the right thing one way or the other because obviously if we feel like there's a chance we could have him back we'd be all in on that. But at the same time, we need to do what's best for the team and for him so we'll just see here."

One point I would highlight is that Haley is still holding out hope that Cassel can return at some point. Perhaps how the rest of the season unfolds will factor into whether Cassel returns this season."

I find it interesting/funny that Haley says Cassel had a "significant hand injury", it will "definitely affect this year" but refuses to say if Cassel is out for the year. If something is significant I don't see Cassel coming back in a month and a half.

Hope after the surgery, recovery and healing goes as planned and he's well soon.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    Todd Haley Says Matt Cassel Had Surgery, 'Everything Went Great' - Arrowhead Pride

"Kansas City Chiefs head coach Todd Haley broke the news to the world on Monday that QB Matt Cassel had a significant hand injury that could cost him the rest of the season. Haley talked with the guys on SiriusXM NFL Radio on Wednesday morning and said the injury isn't something that will affect his career down the road and they haven't made a decision on whether he'll land on injured reserve at some point.

"It's unfortunate and Matt obviously had a pretty severe injury to this throwing hand," Haley told Adam Schein and Rich Gannon on Wednesday morning. "It's not something that will affect his career in any way, shape or form but it will definitely affect this year. He's out for this week for sure, and Tyler's our starter and Ricky Stanzi will be our backup. We haven't made any moves yet as far as a decision on Matt this season."

Haley also confirmed that Cassel had surgery earlier this week.

"He just had surgery here early this week," Haley said. "We just want to make sure that we were getting a full evaluation. Everything went great. We just want to make sure that we do the right thing one way or the other because obviously if we feel like there's a chance we could have him back we'd be all in on that. But at the same time, we need to do what's best for the team and for him so we'll just see here."

One point I would highlight is that Haley is still holding out hope that Cassel can return at some point. Perhaps how the rest of the season unfolds will factor into whether Cassel returns this season."

I find it interesting/funny that Haley says Cassel had a "significant hand injury", it will "definitely affect this year" but refuses to say if Cassel is out for the year. If something is significant I don't see Cassel coming back in a month and a half.

Hope after the surgery, recovery and healing goes as planned and he's well soon.
    Although not a cassel fan, glad to hear to surgery went really good.

It usually takes about 6 weeks for a broken bone to heal, so maybe Cassel will be ready for the playoffs.

Oh, wait ... never mind!

If it was a broken bone, the minimum healing time before they allow him to be in contact again will probably be 6-8 weeks. Meaning best chance is that he will be back for the last week of the regular season.

If it was a ligament or tendon injury, the recovery time may be closer to 4 weeks, which means he would be able to be back for the last 3 weeks.

I havent seen anywhere where they specifically said it was a broken bone.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    It usually takes about 6 weeks for a broken bone to heal, so maybe Cassel will be ready for the playoffs.

Oh, wait ... never mind!

I almost didn't see that part.

what do you know... you have a pathetic O-line and qb's wind up getting hurt. no mystery here. my condolences to cassel for having to put up with that crap. this is a serious game and if you cant trust your line to seriously protect you, real injury is a real possibility.

their still not saying whats wrong with his hand. is this classified top secret???

BTY As it stands today, Tyler Palko is the only left-handed quarterback to attempt a regular season pass in the 51-year history of Chiefs football. On Monday night, he will become the first left-handed starter in team history.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    their still not saying whats wrong with his hand. is this classified top secret???

BTY As it stands today, Tyler Palko is the only left-handed quarterback to attempt a regular season pass in the 51-year history of Chiefs football. On Monday night, he will become the first left-handed starter in team history.
    Which is going to be bad for him. Albert is not great at LOT, but we are even more exposed at ROT. Now, with Palko being on the other side, ROT is his blind spot. There are very few things in life I have ever said I never would ever want to do, but I will say, being a left handed quarterback behind this offensive line makes that list.

OUCH!

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Which is going to be bad for him. Albert is not great at LOT, but we are even more exposed at ROT. Now, with Palko being on the other side, ROT is his blind spot. There are very few things in life I have ever said I never would ever want to do, but I will say, being a left handed quarterback behind this offensive line makes that list.

OUCH!
    could be but Palko feels the pressure and knows when to take off. right now NE hasn't got a clue how to play him. just like Tebow there's nothing available on them. few if any scouting reports. their the X factor.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Great news that it e]went smoothly. Hopefully it won't effect his ability on the field if he plays. I guess he cant make much of a difference in the next 5 games anyway

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast