Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Case for Keenum

Default The Case for Keenum

So...

I've been a Cassel supporter and still consider myself one. However, I do think we should look into getting a new QB.

So instead of using our first round pick on a QB, that pick would probably be worth more for us if it were used for an OL.

Now that brings us to a later round, and cheaper QB.

So how about Case Keenum from U of H?

Thoughts?

Case Keenum Stats, News, Videos, Pictures, Bio - Houston Cougars - ESPN

Resident Celebrity

Meh, being from Houston I must say he is an impressive college QB, but I am afraid he is more of a sysyem quaterback (as much as I hate the term). Kingsbury, Harrell, Ware, Kolb, Carr...he just reminds me too much of these.

Hope Im wrong though, as I would like to see him succeed. If I were GM, I would be skeptical to draft him before the 3rd or 4th round.

It's called the win column, perhaps you've heard of it?

I'm not a huge fan. Would love to see Robert Griffin III in a Chiefs uni and develop for 1-2 years under Cassel. That guy fits the mold for the "new" generation of quarterbacks that can run and throw. He draws comparisons to Vick, but with more pocket poise.

Here's a nice read on RGIII: http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/201...e-be-vick-2-0/
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 11-16-2011 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I'm not a huge fan. Would love to see Robert Griffin III in a Chiefs uni and develop for 1-2 years under Cassel. That guy fits the mold for the "new" generation of quarterbacks that can run and throw. He draws comparisons to Vick, but with more pocket poise.

Here's a nice read on RGIII: Could He Be Vick 2.0? | Buffalo Bills Draft
    That "new generation" thing has been going on for a very long time, and has yet to really pan out in The NFL.

I mean, Cunningham had some good seasons, and Vick has had some good numbers here, and there. But is there any of those "new style" QBs to have been better than the likes of Warren Moon, or Donovan McNabb? Both of those guys basically dropped the running aspect of their games, and became pocket passers.

Maybe I am overlooking a guy somewhere. But the best QBs in The NFL today are still the pocket passers, like Brees, Mannings, Brady, Rivers and Rodgers.

That "new breed" has been new for an awfully long time now.

I would prefer to put a QBs running ability on the back burner, until that style of play proves itself as being able to dominate in The NFL.

The good thing about this draft is that it is loaded with QB talent so we don't have to use a first round pick on a QB if we want to draft a QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs fanatic View Post
    The good thing about this draft is that it is loaded with QB talent so we don't have to use a first round pick on a QB if we want to draft a QB.
    Maybe another late picked QB will turn out great kinda like Brady

No. Plain and simple. He will not pan out in the NFL. He plays a system that fits him, in a conference that is terrible. That is it. He won't even get drafted.

Quote Originally Posted by Codac View Post
    He won't even get drafted.
    Want to put your money where your mouth is? $50 says he does.

It's called the win column, perhaps you've heard of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Codac View Post
    No. Plain and simple. He will not pan out in the NFL. He plays a system that fits him, in a conference that is terrible. That is it. He won't even get drafted.
    You're kidding right? He'll get drafted and I to would put my money where my mouth is.

What makes you guys think he will get drafted? He is too small, played in a non-pro system, and is extremely injury prone. He won't get drafted. If he is it will be 7th round. I would be willing to place a bet that he doesn't get drafted but that is just wrong, haha. I obviously wish the best for him. Can't bet against the goodwill of another person.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast