Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why all the Fire Haley BS?

Default Why all the Fire Haley BS?

I see mulitiple threads about the end of Haley and how he should be fired. I know there are people who wont give him the light of day because he does things different. My question is that all the excuses I see about firing Haley but there is no mention of Romeo. That defense last week was horrific and Romeo should be thrown under the bus just as much as Haley, but wait, He is a very likeable guy and It is the Head coaches problem not the DC.

Has Haley Lost the team. Yeah, to injury. Three key Players that were responsible for the turn around last season were out by the 1st series in the second game. Our first round pick was hurt for the first four games. The team responded and won 4 games in a row and was in first place and everyone was happy, when two more Key Players got hurt. The loss of McGraw and Arenas while not major was major for the game they were out, because Miami exploited their back ups.

Haley has taken Bowe and DJ and turned their careers around to pro-bowl status, he took a team lacking in talent and won the division last year, and facing some major injuries, fought through adversity to start winning again when More Adversity struck the team.

Say what you all want about Haley. Yeah He is not the most likeable guy and does things many of us wonder WHY but the fact of the matter is that he is missing Talent, and he is trying to make due with what he has.

I think the players play hard for him, and he gets the best out of his talent. I would be upset if we do not give him one more year to get his team healthy and a chance to add more talent to this team. Maybe it is his fault we are missing some talent, but I am not sold on that being Haley's fault yet.

First off I myself like Todd Haley. I think that he can be a good coach. But right now he SHOULD be fired for the job that he's doing this season.

Yes injuries have hurt this team. But that's something every team has to deal with. With the Injuries do you really think that the Dolphins are 31-3 better then the Chiefs? Denver had there 1st TWO string rbs go down sunday. Do you think that this team should be able to have there 3rd string guy come in and run like the starter? I don't. Yes Romeo is the DC but it's the head coaches job to oversee the DC and the OC.

Todd Haley did a great job last season. I praised him all last season. I even thought that he should have got more Coach of the year buzz then what he got. But all coaches know that this is a what have you done for me lately business. Lately Haley has not done a good job. When you start the season the way we did. The you get blown out at home by a 0-7 football team. Then it's not BS to here your job questioned.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I like haley, I liked his fire, his sometimes questionable trick play, his going for it on 4th and 1 or 2. You never knew what he was going to do and I liked that. He got people fired up and they played well. But he just seems to have lost that fire and it showed in the last two games. Something is missing in this team and they have to find it and get it back. It is one thing to just lose a game, it is another to be completely embarrased. I want that fire back......

Lack of preparation. The entire preseason and the first 6 games showed it. Oakland lost more than we won. The only game of the season that I saw a good game plan executed was against San Diego... and that was a loss if not for a fluke snap exchange.

The guy doesn't know how to get his team ready to play. PERIOD. He benefited from having Crennel and Weiss last season against the weakest schedule in the league and then because of, again, a lack of preparation, they got blown the #uck out by Baltimore at home.

The excuses have run out.

I am back and forth on this Haley ordeal. Team doesn't look ready at all for most of the games theyve played really. Hell even against oakland we didn't score much offensively.

Every notice how the defense feeds on the offense? If the O can move the ball defense gets pumped.

Ultimatly he is responsible for getting the team prepped to play.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

I would concur with him not having the team prepared for games. He simply cannot get these guys on the same page with any consistency. I also teeter between "he's got to go" and "wait a minute, this guy can pull it off". After the 4 game win streak, I thought he had turned the team around and we had a slim chance at the playoffs-and I thought Haley was fantastic. Now here we are in a 2 game slide against 2 teams there is no excuse to lose to and I'm teetering back to "he's got to go". I really don't want to see him fired, but if he can't turn this thing around and salvage at least an 8-8 season, he needs to exit the building.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    First off I myself like Todd Haley. I think that he can be a good coach. But right now he SHOULD be fired for the job that he's doing this season.

Yes injuries have hurt this team. But that's something every team has to deal with. With the Injuries do you really think that the Dolphins are 31-3 better then the Chiefs? Denver had there 1st TWO string rbs go down sunday. Do you think that this team should be able to have there 3rd string guy come in and run like the starter? I don't. Yes Romeo is the DC but it's the head coaches job to oversee the DC and the OC.

Todd Haley did a great job last season. I praised him all last season. I even thought that he should have got more Coach of the year buzz then what he got. But all coaches know that this is a what have you done for me lately business. Lately Haley has not done a good job. When you start the season the way we did. The you get blown out at home by a 0-7 football team. Then it's not BS to here your job questioned.
    What team is missing their starting Qb, Their best offensive weapon in Charles, Their starting Pro-bowl Safety. Their Starting TE, and is doing better than 4-5....There is none! So the logic of Every team has injuries is BS. Yes every team has injuries but not KEY injuries to four starters, and then injuries to the those back ups.

Oh don't forget this is happening to a team that is not all that talented as it is. The best talent are the players hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Lack of preparation. The entire preseason and the first 6 games showed it. Oakland lost more than we won. The only game of the season that I saw a good game plan executed was against San Diego... and that was a loss if not for a fluke snap exchange.

The guy doesn't know how to get his team ready to play. PERIOD. He benefited from having Crennel and Weiss last season against the weakest schedule in the league and then because of, again, a lack of preparation, they got blown the #uck out by Baltimore at home.

My issues with Haley are well documented.

1. Arrogance, to think that you can be both Head Coach and Offensive Coordinator on a team like this is not helpful to the team, that is arrogance.

2. Attitude, his attitude has sucked in the past, screaming at guys and swearing at them for issues that are really his. For instance, earlier this season there were issues getting the plays in, Haley was pissed at everyone, even Cassel who was ultimately downstream from him. Don't get pissed about that stuff, just get it fixed.

3. Game Prep, sorry, I just don't think this guy preps well for games, one on one, he is a great coach, he does wonders for receivers, he has turned around player's careers like Seek mentioned, but overall, his ability to game plan, execute that plan and his prep for changes to the plan has been lacking. Seriously, I don't think anyone can deny that game plan execution has not been a problem with this team.

Having said all of that, and also with the understanding that I am not a huge Haley fan to begin with, I do not believe you can fire a coach that took you to the playoffs last year. Sorry, that is rarely done. Last year this team exceeded everyone's expectations which is abundantly evident by the fact that even at the start of the season no one expected this team to get anywhere.

We still have a lot of work to do. OL and QB should be our mantra going into 2012.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post

Lack of preparation or lack of talent. How do you prepare our 4th string safety and 4th string CB to compete against Brandon Marshall. Starting corners have problems doing that. You just used Crennel as his excuse. Why didn't Crennel put Flowers or Carr on Marshall all game instead of just removing Washington and putting Langford on Marshal instead. Why was Crennel playing a Base 2 deep against the Broncos last week instead of stacking the line knowing they were not going to throw the ball.

Last year they did better than anyone predicted. Everyone knows that. They beat bad teams and beat some good teams. They lost to teams that had better talent. Our offensive line got destroyed by any team that had a good defensive front 7. They have still all year.

How do you prepare for something someone can not physically do?

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    What team is missing their starting Qb, Their best offensive weapon in Charles, Their starting Pro-bowl Safety. Their Starting TE, and is doing better than 4-5....There is none! So the logic of Every team has injuries is BS. Yes every team has injuries but not KEY injuries to four starters, and then injuries to the those back ups.

Oh don't forget this is happening to a team that is not all that talented as it is. The best talent are the players hurt.
    The 0-7 Dolphins came in missing there starting qb and BLEW the chiefs out. 0-7. Again do you really think that the Dolphins are 31-3 better. Do you think the Lions are 48-3 better? Do you? I don't. Even with the injuries. There not that much better. I understand the injuries and Yes Haley does deserve a little bit of a break. But 31-3, 41-7 letting a 3rd sting guy run all over us AT HOME. To go along with 48-3 on the road is far past that break. It's not just that the team is losing that puts Haley on the hot seat. It's the fact that there not even showing up to games far to often. And we have not even got to the toughest parts of our schedule. If Haley can get this team playing up to there talent then I will be back on board. But right now I have little to no faith in Haley. This team has just looked far to bad this season. If and yes that's a big IF Haley is let go then I don't think that you can really say that he didn't deserve his pink slip.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast