Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The test.

Default The test.

This Sunday, the third- and fourth-ranked defenses in the league will meet at Arrowhead in Kansas City. Statistically speaking, the Jaguars are better than any team the Chiefs have faced thus far, this season. Of the teams the Chiefs have played through the first 4 weeks, only Houston has a higher ranking on offense and none rank higher that the Jaguars on defense.

One vulnerablity the Jaguars have is on rushing defense (26th in the NFL). However, after getting gouged by the Titans in week 1 for 282 yards on the ground, the Jaguars have held their opponents to and average of 64.5 yards in the two following games. While Jacksonville has started to hold their opponents to less yardage, they have allowed at least one rushing touchdown in every game throughout 2007 and their last five games in a row. The Chiefs are 11-0 at Arrowhead when Larry Johnson rushes for two or more touchdowns and 13-1 when Johnson breaks the century-mark in yardage. In 16 career starts at Arrowhead, Johnson has averaged 124.7 yards rushing and has accumulated 26 rushing TDs. Johnson has topped 100 yards in 13 of those contests.

The Chiefs currently hold the longest active streak of games with a forced turnover while Jacksonville has only turned the ball over twice this season. A mark that is second only to Indianapolis at this time.

Jacksonville and Kansas City are tied for ninth in the league, allowing 10 sacks this season. Kansas City boasts a stellar 23-1 (.959) record at home when the defense registers 2.0 or more sacks. In a week 3 home contest, the Chiefs recorded 5 sacks against the visiting Minnesota Vikings.

Damon Huard is 4-0 as a starter at Arrowhead. Huard has compiled a 100.0 rating or better in all four of those victories. In his four starts at Arrowhead, Huard has completed 70 of 104 passes (67.3%) for 958 yards with six touchdowns and no picks, giving him a 115.8. Huard is 6-0 when he posts a 100.0-rating game and is 5-0 in such games with the Chiefs.

In his initial start at Arrowhead, David Garrard completed 10 of 18 passes for 140 yards with one touchdown and one interception. The Chiefs have held opposing passers to a league-low 62.6 rating this season. The Jaguars have gone 44 consecutive games without having a quarterback throw for a 300-yard game, the second-longest drought in the league behind San Francisco (47). The Chiefs defense has gone 14 straight games at home without permitting a 300-yard passer.

The Jaguars are tied for 30th in the league on third down, allowing opponents to convert fifty percent of the time (17 of 34). The Chiefs have converted on 18 of 53 third down plays this season.

So far this season, both teams have allowed few points in the second half. Currently, (including return touchdowns) only Kansas City and Tennessee (13) have given-up fewer second-half points than Jacksonville (14).

The Chiefs have the best record at home of any team in the NFL since 1990. Since the start of the 2006 season, the Chiefs have allowed just 17.9 points per game in nine home contests. Jacksonville put up the highest total of any team during that home stretch with 30 points in a loss to the Chiefs in December of last year. When held to 21 points or less on the road, the Jaguars are 5-15 (.250) under Jack Del Rio. Jacksonville is 0-13 all-time on the road when being held to 10 points or less. Jacksonville has averaged 20.2 points per game in nine road contests dating back to the start of the 2006 season.

While being in Arrowhead is a huge advantage for the Chiefs, they can take nothing for granted in this game against Jacksonville. Jack Del Rio owns a 5-3 career record against AFC West opponents and a total record of 14-18 on the road as a head coach in the NFL. The Chiefs are going to need to build on their success of recent weeks and keep improving in order to beat a Jacksonville team that looks to be their toughest challenge yet.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

I still think it is going to be a shootout!!!

Lots of opportunities for DJ to get a few sacks!!!

GO CHIEFS!!!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I still think it is going to be a shootout!!!

Lots of opportunities for DJ to get a few sacks!!!

GO CHIEFS!!!
    I think this is going to be a tough game with the Chiefs eventually pulling away as it comes to a close. The ***uars are a good team, better statistically than those we have faced so far. I called it "The Test" because this game is going to be a statement in proving exactly where the Chiefs stand this year. Maybe more so than beating the dolts in sandy eggo even though that was a major win for us.

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    I think this is going to be a tough game with the Chiefs eventually pulling away as it comes to a close. The ***uars are a good team, better statistically than those we have faced so far. I called it "The Test" because this game is going to be a statement in proving exactly where the Chiefs stand this year. Maybe more so than beating the dolts in sandy eggo even though that was a major win for us.
    I also think that the ***suars could be tough. So lets just hope that we keep improving and have a break out day for LJ, after we open up with the pass and score at least twice, and one of those a TD. I would hate to give Hermy any more reasons to go run run run and punt.

While being in Arrowhead is a huge advantage for the Chiefs, they can take nothing for granted in this game against Jacksonville. Jack Del Rio owns a 5-3 career record against AFC West opponents and a total record of 14-18 on the road as a head coach in the NFL. The Chiefs are going to need to build on their success of recent weeks and keep improving in order to beat a Jacksonville team that looks to be their toughest challenge yet.
    Hit the nail squarely on the head bud! Good post!

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I also think that the ***suars could be tough. So lets just hope that we keep improving and have a break out day for LJ, after we open up with the pass and score at least twice, and one of those a TD. I would hate to give Hermy any more reasons to go run run run and punt.
    I do think LJ will have a good game. The ***uars have played better rush defense since week one but I think that the Broncos run defense is not as good as it has been (Travis Henry is overrated, IMO) and the Falcons really don't have all that great of a run game, either. Also, the ***uars have not allowed a lot of rushing yards, but continue to give up TD's. I'm thinking LJ gets two this week.

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    I do think LJ will have a good game. The ***uars have played better rush defense since week one but I think that the Broncos run defense is not as good as it has been (Travis Henry is overrated, IMO) and the Falcons really don't have all that great of a run game, either. Also, the ***uars have not allowed a lot of rushing yards, but continue to give up TD's. I'm thinking LJ gets two this week.
    You bet a lot of Arrowcash on that fact! I hope your right because I did too!

This is the week we show who we are!!!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Let's come out firing and get the Jags on their heels to start the game. If we do that it will open up the running game for Larry to take off the diapers and shove the ball down the throat of a few cats. GO CHIEFS!
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

It will be a great game to watch. We will test our pass vs a top 10 D this year so far. I hope LJ will hit some peeps.

Welcome to Arrowhead

There's going to be a lot of LJ highlights and talk this week. He's going to get back to form and have a HUGE game!

GO CHIEFS!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast