Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is there anything to be hopeful about in 2011?

Default Is there anything to be hopeful about in 2011?

Trying to find something positive for our team for the rest of the season...

This week.

Romeo Crennel - Spent four seasons in NE and while the offense there has changed he will have a good understanding of what rattles Brady. The question is do we have the players to do what it takes? Is Tyler the spark we need? I don't honestly know, but thats better than knowing that Cassel had very little chance of defeating them given they know Matt and his weaknesses more than any other team.

Sunday night.

We are that trash team that seems to find a way to defeat the steelers more often than not. They have a 10-17 record when facing us all time.

Bears

We are 6-4 against them all time but they are 3-2 at home.

Jets

Tebow just beat them. Sure he beat us but the Jets are supposed to be a good team.

Raiders

Division game at home.

Donks away

I still don't buy into their offense, by week 17 I think it will become a gimmick the same as the Dolphins running the wildcat.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    Somebody's inner Bears fan is coming out....

I agree with you though, the Bears are who they are, they actually have an identity. Something we are still searching for.
    Guilty as charged. Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

It's good to still be optimistic and maybe I am being a little over optimistic about the Bears, but i still think their is some truth in my observations.

I would love nothing more than for the Chiefs to make it a close exciting game, but i still want the Bears to win.

I will be pulling for the Chiefs tonight though, and against the Steelers and Jets (Where I still think we might have a chance to win).

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I'm as hopeful as anyone that the Chiefs could still pull out some upset wins this year, but this made me laugh out loud.

How does the loss of Cutler help the Palko led Chiefs put up points, when we can't score with Cassel? 2md String quarterback? Didn't Miami and Denver both beat us with 2nd string QBs? Hanie can hand the ball to Forte as well as anyone can and the Chiefs showed they couldn't stop a third string RB against the Broncos. The Bears actually started their 5 game winning streak when they simplified their offense, started using max protection, running the ball more and using a lot of short passes to quickly get the ball out before the pocket collapses. These are all things you would want to do to help out a backup QB and the Bears have been already doing it successfully for over a month.

If the Chiefs stand a chance against the Bears, they will have to stop the run and Palko will have to make things happen on offense. Cutler won't have anything to do with it.
    Turnovers can turn the tide of a game. Hanie better be better than the last time he played.

Palko and/or stanzi having a breakout year?

I'd hope for a great draft pick, but we'll probably screw that up too

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Guilty as charged. Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

It's good to still be optimistic and maybe I am being a little over optimistic about the Bears, but i still think their is some truth in my observations.

I would love nothing more than for the Chiefs to make it a close exciting game, but i still want the Bears to win.

I will be pulling for the Chiefs tonight though, and against the Steelers and Jets (Where I still think we might have a chance to win).
    The Steelers have an even better defense than the Pats and our defense for whatever reason has seemed to find better things to do than actually stop teams like we did in the four game win streak. The Bears seem to struggle for a bit and then find a momentum and ride it. We'd need a defense that actually wants to show up and play instead of having the mentality of saying the offense sucks so why should we play lights out the entire game? Short of one or two pick 6's I don't see the final spread being less than 14 pts either game.

I think it's more of an exhaustion factor than giving up. No defense can keep fighting 2/3 of the game time because of the offenses 3 and outs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12