Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: If Haley era ends?

Default If Haley era ends?

Just some thoughts, and wanting to hear oppinions....

Not calling for his head, not saying It's going to happen, or I think it should happen, but it almost looks as if Haley is on his was out....

I've heard the reports of a torn relationship between him and Pioli. I've heard the reports, about how he almost got fired because of the poor 1st half in the Indy game. And I have noticed that his personality hase changed (No longer the Fiery Hot head that lights up his players, and gets them motivated like he did last year) I've also noticed the hesitency of Cassel being scared to make mistakes, which I think has to do with the fear of him loosing his job and Haley loosing his. It's almost as if he's walking on eggshells.

So if this happens, and Haley is gone after this season, I was brainstorming ideas of who may take over, or who would be a good fit coaching wise.

Kirk Ferentz from Iowa?? He was in the mix when Pioli hired Haley, has the relationship with Piol, and.....Stanzi (not to mention Moeaki, and possibly one of the OT's that will be available in the draft)

Jeff Fisher?? Good Tenured consistent Head coach, who ran a similar style team in Tennessee for years (Run first, stout D)

Do you let Crennell return to a HC? Urban Myer?? not really sure of any connections, just throwing out the idea

With Haley gone, does Zorn take over as OC??

I know Cowher, Gruden and Billick are available, but not sure if they would want to take our team over. Out of all I could see Gruden the most likely.

Just wanted to get some thoughts on what approach people think Pioli might take (Veteran HC, Promotion from within, College experiment, or 1st time HC)

What are your thoughts?

Well there are a number of people in the pick as head coaches for next season IMO. Brian Schottenheimer, Rob Ryan, Brian Billick, Jon Gruden (maybe), and well Bill Cowher will not go back to coaching in the next few years. I do think Haley has lost his touch, given up or just doesn't know what to do after losing so many of his starters this season. Tho I know his hands are tied reguarding what he has to work with but I also believe coaching is one of the current key problems with the Chiefs today. Have they just lost respect for him, have they just given up, I for one don't know but I do feel a large number of changes have to be made in the offseason including QB. This team even with the injuries are a far better team then what we are seeing. No area of the team can be consistant. This to me all comes down to the coaching. I like Haley, but he seems to have lost his fire.

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    Well there are a number of people in the pick as head coaches for next season IMO. Brian Schottenheimer, Rob Ryan, Brian Billick, Jon Gruden (maybe), and well Bill Cowher will not go back to coaching in the next few years. I do think Haley has lost his touch, given up or just doesn't know what to do after losing so many of his starters this season. Tho I know his hands are tied reguarding what he has to work with but I also believe coaching is one of the current key problems with the Chiefs today. Have they just lost respect for him, have they just given up, I for one don't know but I do feel a large number of changes have to be made in the offseason including QB. This team even with the injuries are a far better team then what we are seeing. No area of the team can be consistant. This to me all comes down to the coaching. I like Haley, but he seems to have lost his fire.
    I think like you that Haley has lost his players and because of that his fire. My guess is that Haley has yelled or pushed his players one to many times and the players just quit on him. Throw the losses on top of that and I think that brings us to the point we're at now with a very calm Haley that doesn't respond because he just doesn't know what to do or what he can do.

The thing I'm really curious about is what happened between the Chargers game and the Miami game? The teams that came out for both looked entirely different.

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post

I thought about Shottenheimer, but I have heard criticism recently about how he doesn't use sanchez right, or put him in the position to be as successful as he could be (which is what I think the chiefs problem is right now) (Not putting our players in a position/system/scheme that benefits or promotes their strengths)

Not sure I could see Rob Ryan here, with the tight ship that Pioli likes to run, especially with the media, I think his brother Rex ruined Rob's shot to be under a manager like Pioli. It would bring to much attention to the Chiefs for Pioli to feel comfortable.

I also feel like Haley has lost his fire. I hope we can find someone who has it (like Jim Harbaugh) I think coaching makes a HUGE difference in the NFL and Harbaugh is a perfect example, the 49ers team didn't change that much from last year to this year, and look as the success that Harbaugh has brought to that franchise, I think it starts with the coaching staff...

Haley admitted he worked the players too hard in the week leading up to Miami, the following week before the donks he gave them I think two or three extra days off and they came in unprepared from just watching film and not getting in formation.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    Haley admitted he worked the players too hard in the week leading up to Miami, the following week before the donks he gave them I think two or three extra days off and they came in unprepared from just watching film and not getting in formation.

Then that in itself if true is nothing but poor coaching skills. We need Canada to take the HC job in 2012

Isn't Haley just 1 year removed from leading KC to a AFC West crown and the playoffs? This year's team has been decimated with injuries. Why not give him another year? But if the Chiefs want start over. That's fine with me!

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

I think it is poor coaching. I think consistency is good in Football, changing your practice schedules from week to week, makes me think that you are changing your preparation based on the opponents... Ex: "Looking past the Dolphins and the Broncos, Buckling down for the Chargers and Raiders"

When I played, every week had the same structure, on each day of the week you had similar plans, no matter who the opponent was, there weren't any weeks that were "easier or harder" even when we played our rivals.

Yes, we did cater what we covered to focus on our opponents strengths, weaknesses, and schemes, but we never faltered from the structure, and it equated to all 4 seasons of my HS career making deep playoff runs, and 1 State runner up. (I'm not comparing HS football, to NFL, just that I feel consistency within basic structure of preparation in football is important)

I've seen the Pioli list of head coaching options twice and I'm not thrilled with any of the names on it.

There is one name that intrigues me a WHOLE lot though...

Pioli's father in-law

Honestly, Haley has 1 year left on his contract and because of the amount of injuries we have had this year I really see him comming back next year unless something drastic happens. It just seems that Haleys fire has burned out and some of us here feel it may be time for a change, tho some will not agree.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast