Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there anything to be hopeful about in 2011?

Default Is there anything to be hopeful about in 2011?

Trying to find something positive for our team for the rest of the season...

This week.

Romeo Crennel - Spent four seasons in NE and while the offense there has changed he will have a good understanding of what rattles Brady. The question is do we have the players to do what it takes? Is Tyler the spark we need? I don't honestly know, but thats better than knowing that Cassel had very little chance of defeating them given they know Matt and his weaknesses more than any other team.

Sunday night.

We are that trash team that seems to find a way to defeat the steelers more often than not. They have a 10-17 record when facing us all time.

Bears

We are 6-4 against them all time but they are 3-2 at home.

Jets

Tebow just beat them. Sure he beat us but the Jets are supposed to be a good team.

Raiders

Division game at home.

Donks away

I still don't buy into their offense, by week 17 I think it will become a gimmick the same as the Dolphins running the wildcat.

Well we need to find something in either Palko or Stanzi, other than that we will just have to wait and see.

This is just a lost season. Nothing is going to change that. Just too damned many injuries.

But at the end of the year, we, the fans have to take every bit of good we can find and carry it forward to the next season.

28-0 in Raiderland!!!!!!

And we WILL beat them into a bloody pulp at Arrowhead on Christmas eve!!!!

That's enough for me.........

There is still a small sliver of light shining in our corner. It might not seem very possible but it definitely is possible to make the playoffs this year. We are currently 4-5, sitting 3rd in the division. The Raiders are only 6-4, and the Ponies are 5-5.
    We win our last 2 games against them. Then at the Cutler-less Bears and the Jets.
    Meanwhile the Raiders have a few more tough games ahead of them. But we need them to lose to Green Bay and Detroit and (obviously) us.
    Denver is just going to start losing because Tebow is a joke and his luck will not last forever.

Yes it is a long shot, but it is still there. Just trying to give out some hope.

Just like with Nebraska, I don't care about the out come of the games anymore, just because I know there are no chances of anything good happening this year. At this time all you can really do is watch the players on the field and see if any look promising. There's a chance that Stanzi could come in the 4th quarter, especially if KC is getting wrecked. If they just so happen to keep the game close, then Palko will stay in.

I understand that Brady is good, but you have to remember that the Patriot defense is even worse than us in almost every category. Sure they showed up the Jets, but come on, what have the Jets really done recently? Washed up coach, overrated QB, and pretty much a team full of overachievers. I've honestly only seen Rex Ryan talking trash game after game.

Anyway, long story short, let's get ready for next year (unless something CRAZY happens in the 7 games), and hopefully show how overrated the Patriots are, on a night that we shine. Also, Sunday vs. the Steelers? That will be fun to watch. Hopefully Bowe or someone else we want to see next year doesn't take a helmet to helmet shot.

Seeing a half full glass. Remaining games:

Tonight NE: worse defense than ours.
    PIT: Big Ben has 2 broken ribs..
    @CHI: Without their starting QB
    @NYJ: Sánchez is a joke
    GB: we can watch this season MVP playing
    OAK: another shutout
    @DEN: Tebow can't do us it twice.

Predictions:
    Dreaming 7-0
    Good luck 5-2
    Doable 4-3
    Realistic 3-4

We can always do worse, but I hope not.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

My only hope for the remainder of the season is player's rehabs go well for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    Trying to find something positive for our team for the rest of the season...

This week.

Romeo Crennel - Spent four seasons in NE and while the offense there has changed he will have a good understanding of what rattles Brady. The question is do we have the players to do what it takes? Is Tyler the spark we need? I don't honestly know, but thats better than knowing that Cassel had very little chance of defeating them given they know Matt and his weaknesses more than any other team.

Sunday night.

We are that trash team that seems to find a way to defeat the steelers more often than not. They have a 10-17 record when facing us all time.

Bears

We are 6-4 against them all time but they are 3-2 at home.

Jets

Tebow just beat them. Sure he beat us but the Jets are supposed to be a good team.

Raiders

Division game at home.

Donks away

I still don't buy into their offense, by week 17 I think it will become a gimmick the same as the Dolphins running the wildcat.

Default Tailgating 11-27

my buddy and i r coming to the game on the 27th and we r trying to find someone to let us tailgate with them??? but we r steeler fans haha

Quote Originally Posted by Codac View Post
    There is still a small sliver of light shining in our corner. It might not seem very possible but it definitely is possible to make the playoffs this year. We are currently 4-5, sitting 3rd in the division. The Raiders are only 6-4, and the Ponies are 5-5.
    We win our last 2 games against them. Then at the Cutler-less Bears and the Jets.
    Meanwhile the Raiders have a few more tough games ahead of them. But we need them to lose to Green Bay and Detroit and (obviously) us.
    Denver is just going to start losing because Tebow is a joke and his luck will not last forever.

Yes it is a long shot, but it is still there. Just trying to give out some hope.
    I'm as hopeful as anyone that the Chiefs could still pull out some upset wins this year, but this made me laugh out loud.

How does the loss of Cutler help the Palko led Chiefs put up points, when we can't score with Cassel? 2md String quarterback? Didn't Miami and Denver both beat us with 2nd string QBs? Hanie can hand the ball to Forte as well as anyone can and the Chiefs showed they couldn't stop a third string RB against the Broncos. The Bears actually started their 5 game winning streak when they simplified their offense, started using max protection, running the ball more and using a lot of short passes to quickly get the ball out before the pocket collapses. These are all things you would want to do to help out a backup QB and the Bears have been already doing it successfully for over a month.

If the Chiefs stand a chance against the Bears, they will have to stop the run and Palko will have to make things happen on offense. Cutler won't have anything to do with it.
    Last edited by TopekaRoy; 11-21-2011 at 03:13 PM.

Somebody's inner Bears fan is coming out....

I agree with you though, the Bears are who they are, they actually have an identity. Something we are still searching for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast