Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: 10-15 Pick in 2012 Draft Who Do we take?

Default 10-15 Pick in 2012 Draft Who Do we take?

Alright so what do we know as of this moment about the our Kansas City Chiefs? Look at the depth chart from top to bottom. Look at the record. Look at the stats. Look at the game tape. What do you see?

QB - Matt Cassel's play has been inconsistent with flashes of hope. Overall highly disappointing.

RB - Jackie has shown he can contribute. Slightly inconsistent. But promising especially if paired with a faster more reliable back, aka, Jamal Charles. LeRon has not been as effective as I had hoped but I never truely expected very much out of him.

WR - We have one of the best trios of wideouts in the league in my opinion. We just can't get them the ball.

TE - No help at all.

OL - Started out strong but lately have been iffy.

DL - Changes all around, save for Dorsey, who is still questionable.

LB - Same as DL. Houston shows promise every now and then. Need another ILB and a solid OLB opposite Hali.

DB - The loss of Berry was huge. Carr hasn't been as effective this year. Constantly beat. A pickup at CB to compete with Carr would be nice.

ST - Succop started bad but has been decent so far this year. He is definitely on the hot seat though. Still lacking a solid returner.

So with all that. Who do you take with your first draft pickK?

While I would love to see RGIII in a Chiefs uniform I am almost positive that Pioli will not draft a QB. Cassel will be given another year to prove himself.

I say we go defense. Many will complain that our OL needs immediate improvement. Well I disagree. I say our defense is a more pressing matter. I like these three players.

Manti Te'o/LB/Notre Dame - I like him to be our ILB opposite Johnson. Think Ray Lewis. Not a great pass rusher. But a smart, strong tackler that can cover slower RBs and TEs. Injuries are a concern.

Courtney Upshaw/LB/Alabama - Line him up opposite Hali. Stong and fast. Great Vision. Good motor.

Dontari Poe/DT/Memphis - This one is a stretch for the pick we will probably have. But I think he could be a good NT. He is athletic for his size. Not a great pass rusher but can stuff the run. Raw Talent. Reason I consider him a stretch.

Alright lets hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    it doesn't really matter where we pick as long as we pick the BEST player available....we need help at nearly every position except CB
    We need help at CB, too. Carr is ok, but just ok.

I'm not sure why everyone wants to draft a QB in round one. You WANT to see him ground into the turf or running for his life every passing down?

We need quality and depth on both our lines.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post

I'm not sure why everyone wants to draft a QB in round one. You WANT to see him ground into the turf or running for his life every passing down?

The only reason I'd say to get a QB in the first round is that this year is jam packed with QB's. If we get a QB, groom him for a few years and then draft lineman or get them through free agency by the time this first round QB will be ready so will the line.

Short of Khalil (USC) or Martin (Stanford) there isn't a lock down LOT in the draft. The only other plug in tackle I've heard of is Reiff (Iowa) but from what I've heard he'd be a starting RT or a development effort LT. Past that we have our interior starting line set for now. Lilja isn't going to be here forever but he's not killing us. Hudson will take over for Weigmann and Asamoah has started this year and done well.

Based on how our team has played this year I think we need to be offense minded in the draft. Looking at that that's why I've said I wouldn't be upset with drafting a QB and can understand if we did but like you I'd like to see a first round O-Line guy picked.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

I think all the better qb`s willbe gone by the time we pick. I want a big,mean monster in the middle of the d-line. Here i think Ta`amu from Washington would work. It all starts at the NT on 3-4 defenses.
    Sign in FA or draft whats left for RT in 2nd.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post

Carr will be a free agent next year as well.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    I think all the better qb`s willbe gone by the time we pick. I want a big,mean monster in the middle of the d-line. Here i think Ta`amu from Washington would work. It all starts at the NT on 3-4 defenses.
    Sign in FA or draft whats left for RT in 2nd.
    Ta'amu is projected right now to go in the 2nd. Why would we want to take him that early? I'd akin this to picking Tyson Jackson with our first round pick. Right now we're slated to pick around the 10th spot. With Luck, RG3, Barkley and Jones all available in the draft I'd be shocked if one of those guys isn't available. Especially when you throw in Khalil, Blackmon, Clairborne, Coples, Richardson and several other top talent players.

Right now I think one of the QB's will be there, Jones in my opinion. But I also think that Reiff and Martin will be there too. If anything it'll be interesting to see where the Chiefs feel we are based on who they draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Carr will be a free agent next year as well.
    I've seen a mock or two where we take Claireborn to fill Carr's spot or add a backup.

I know we need help at O-line, but a lot of great players are found in lower rounds, even UFA. You can look at Hudson, he is very good. I think Mims (UFA) will develop faster than was thought, and be a starter next year or 2013.
    Other positions aren't that kind in lower rounds. Mainly QB's. I wasn't sold at Luck, but I'm totally sold on Barkley, he is solid, with a porous line, most of the time he has to throw on the run, and he does accurately. If he is available, we have to get him, I don't mind even trading up (not that I think Pioli would).
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    Ta'amu is projected right now to go in the 2nd. Why would we want to take him that early? I'd akin this to picking Tyson Jackson with our first round pick. Right now we're slated to pick around the 10th spot. With Luck, RG3, Barkley and Jones all available in the draft I'd be shocked if one of those guys isn't available. Especially when you throw in Khalil, Blackmon, Clairborne, Coples, Richardson and several other top talent players.

Right now I think one of the QB's will be there, Jones in my opinion. But I also think that Reiff and Martin will be there too. If anything it'll be interesting to see where the Chiefs feel we are based on who they draft.

I was looking at the likelyhood of one of those guys being there, and I think it is highly likely.

Of the teams currently ahead of us in the draft order. only 3 are in dire need of a QB.

Luck will probably go to the Colts at 1.

Then you look at the other teams:
    Rams- have Bradford
    Panthers- Have Newton
    Vikings- Probably not ready to give up on Ponder since they spent a 1st rounder on him last year
    Jags- Drafted Gabbert last year, and also are probably not likely ready to give up just yet.
    Cardinals- Spent big money to trade for Kolb, and again will likely give him more time.
    Eagles- Just paid Vick $100 mil, not likely to let him go either

that leaves us with 2 teams needing QB's and 3 QB's left... the Redskins and Dolphins.

As of right now Barkley is the 2nd rated QB so he will more than likely be gone unless we trade up. Mel Kiper has Landry Jones up next, leaving us to likely land Robert Griffen from Baylor.

Just wanted to mention, that barring any crazy things happening, it could be likely that Jones or Griffen are available when we are on the clock....

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    I think all the better qb`s willbe gone by the time we pick. I want a big,mean monster in the middle of the d-line.
    You mean... like Powe?

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    I was looking at the likelyhood of one of those guys being there, and I think it is highly likely.

Of the teams currently ahead of us in the draft order. only 3 are in dire need of a QB.

Luck will probably go to the Colts at 1.

Then you look at the other teams:
    Rams- have Bradford
    Panthers- Have Newton
    Vikings- Probably not ready to give up on Ponder since they spent a 1st rounder on him last year
    Jags- Drafted Gabbert last year, and also are probably not likely ready to give up just yet.
    Cardinals- Spent big money to trade for Kolb, and again will likely give him more time.
    Eagles- Just paid Vick $100 mil, not likely to let him go either

that leaves us with 2 teams needing QB's and 3 QB's left... the Redskins and Dolphins.

As of right now Barkley is the 2nd rated QB so he will more than likely be gone unless we trade up. Mel Kiper has Landry Jones up next, leaving us to likely land Robert Griffen from Baylor.

Just wanted to mention, that barring any crazy things happening, it could be likely that Jones or Griffen are available when we are on the clock....
    Nice post...and you can bet these teams will be looking for the highest bidder to trade down to.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast