Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 10-15 Pick in 2012 Draft Who Do we take?

Default 10-15 Pick in 2012 Draft Who Do we take?

Alright so what do we know as of this moment about the our Kansas City Chiefs? Look at the depth chart from top to bottom. Look at the record. Look at the stats. Look at the game tape. What do you see?

QB - Matt Cassel's play has been inconsistent with flashes of hope. Overall highly disappointing.

RB - Jackie has shown he can contribute. Slightly inconsistent. But promising especially if paired with a faster more reliable back, aka, Jamal Charles. LeRon has not been as effective as I had hoped but I never truely expected very much out of him.

WR - We have one of the best trios of wideouts in the league in my opinion. We just can't get them the ball.

TE - No help at all.

OL - Started out strong but lately have been iffy.

DL - Changes all around, save for Dorsey, who is still questionable.

LB - Same as DL. Houston shows promise every now and then. Need another ILB and a solid OLB opposite Hali.

DB - The loss of Berry was huge. Carr hasn't been as effective this year. Constantly beat. A pickup at CB to compete with Carr would be nice.

ST - Succop started bad but has been decent so far this year. He is definitely on the hot seat though. Still lacking a solid returner.

So with all that. Who do you take with your first draft pickK?

While I would love to see RGIII in a Chiefs uniform I am almost positive that Pioli will not draft a QB. Cassel will be given another year to prove himself.

I say we go defense. Many will complain that our OL needs immediate improvement. Well I disagree. I say our defense is a more pressing matter. I like these three players.

Manti Te'o/LB/Notre Dame - I like him to be our ILB opposite Johnson. Think Ray Lewis. Not a great pass rusher. But a smart, strong tackler that can cover slower RBs and TEs. Injuries are a concern.

Courtney Upshaw/LB/Alabama - Line him up opposite Hali. Stong and fast. Great Vision. Good motor.

Dontari Poe/DT/Memphis - This one is a stretch for the pick we will probably have. But I think he could be a good NT. He is athletic for his size. Not a great pass rusher but can stuff the run. Raw Talent. Reason I consider him a stretch.

Alright lets hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I also agree with most of what Tex wrote. I also agree that we probably wouldnt be able to get a 1st rounder for Dorsey, although I think we could get a 2nd rounder. One problem with his picks are that if we send Dorsey away, I dont know who would replace him. We would have to draft a 3-4DE or get one in Free Agnecy.
    Dorsey was #5 overall. He's extremely talented in a system that isn't a 3-4. Scouts should know this. Hell, even in a 3-4, he was extremely disruptive last season, almost to the point that he could've been our best player on defense outside of Hali. Dorsey could bring back a first round pick. He's young, talented and cheap.

For Jap's concern, I'd say go get some talent in free agency. Mario Williams will be a free agent... doubt Houston lets him go though. lol

But you've got John Abraham, Matt Roth, Kroy Biermann, Robert Mathis, Calais Campbell, Jason Jones, and Antonio Garay... all at the DE position. But, if there's a great DE talent to be had in the draft, I'd be all for it. Personally, I just want to see the Chiefs do everything they can to get as many first rounders as possible. I think getting more than 2 this year is possible and should be explored. With all the players who will be returning next season, the Chiefs don't have too many holes to fill and they could shore up most of them in FA and in the draft for the foreseeable future in just one more offseason.

Regarding Glenn Dorsey, I would agree that he is unfortunately one of the square pegs being fit into a round hole. I definitely think his skill set is best suited to a penetrating 4-3 defensive tackle in a system that can take advantage of his short area burst and quickness. That being said, I really don’t see his value being a 1st round pick. I do however think that possibly a team like Philadephia could be interested in trading for Dorsey to help solidify the interior of their defense. The Eagles have two second round pick (their original and the pick received from Arizona in the Kolb trade). I would start with the lower of the second round picks and possibly be willing to trade Dorsey for their second and maybe swap our fourth for their fifth or something like that.

Also, if we are sitting at #6, with the new rookie wage scale, I think there will be teams willing to move up that in the past would be content largely due to the high salary cost. If we could trade down to around pick #12 or so, we could potentially get another second round pick AND still have several options on the board with players that can make an impact for us. And who knows, maybe we can slide down further like Cleveland did before and pick up another pick. I would definitely be happy if we could trade Dorsey for a second round pick and trade down while getting an additional pick.

I mentioned K Moore, but if Pioli drafts anyone but linemen, then he and Haley need fired and I will be loud and vocal about it. I am serious, EVERY SINGLE DRAFT PICK MUST BE LINEMEN!!!!!

Give Cassel time to throw and we will be unstoppable. Give JC and JB a little hole and they will be unstoppable. Get a couple more decent pass rushers and we can shut down anybody. Any drafts that aren't linemen are throwaways.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    Give Cassel time to throw and we will be unstoppable. Give JC and JB a little hole and they will be unstoppable. Get a couple more decent pass rushers and we can shut down anybody. Any drafts that aren't linemen are throwaways.
    Give Cassel the time and he will still not pass accurately and defenses still will only have to guard the run. Cassel will complete a pass here and there but not often enough to win against a good defense. He is not the leader this team needs, he may fit some other team but has proven many times he can't lead the Chiefs. He has lost respect among the receivers. I would rather start Palko, I know he threw 3 picks, but it was his first start but he showed poise and I think he can be a much better leader then Cassel.

Remember Cassel had an awsome Oline in New England and still had the most sacks. Its time to call him what he is. An overpaid fantasy that will not can not lead. But you do have the right to dream!

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

I also say unless Bowe is cheap,he wontbe back. I also think dorsey shouldbe traded but i think a 3rd willbe the best we can get. Tjack is a joke but he`s a pioli boy so he`s not going anywhere.
    Palko is a lefthanded cassel is all, draft a qb. Spend money on a good NT and whatever we can get. To many holes,not enough draft picks and a cheap owner in FA.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

I don't think Bowe will sign with the Chiefs, but then again why would we want to sign him. He has not shown that he is a worthy dependable first round pick. Sure he makes the best catches, but he does not get open as much as I like, and he drops lots of easy catches, maybe he would sign if we promised to bench Cassel.

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    I don't think Bowe will sign with the Chiefs, but then again why would we want to sign him. He has not shown that he is a worthy dependable first round pick. Sure he makes the best catches, but he does not get open as much as I like, and he drops lots of easy catches, maybe he would sign if we promised to bench Cassel.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Dorsey was #5 overall. He's extremely talented in a system that isn't a 3-4. Scouts should know this. Hell, even in a 3-4, he was extremely disruptive last season, almost to the point that he could've been our best player on defense outside of Hali. Dorsey could bring back a first round pick. He's young, talented and cheap.

For Jap's concern, I'd say go get some talent in free agency. Mario Williams will be a free agent... doubt Houston lets him go though. lol

But you've got John Abraham, Matt Roth, Kroy Biermann, Robert Mathis, Calais Campbell, Jason Jones, and Antonio Garay... all at the DE position. But, if there's a great DE talent to be had in the draft, I'd be all for it. Personally, I just want to see the Chiefs do everything they can to get as many first rounders as possible. I think getting more than 2 this year is possible and should be explored. With all the players who will be returning next season, the Chiefs don't have too many holes to fill and they could shore up most of them in FA and in the draft for the foreseeable future in just one more offseason.
    Dorsey is too valuable. We shouldn't let him go. And of those free agents only Calais Campbell is worth looking at for our system. We would more than likely have to draft a big, athletic DT and move him to the DE spot. Few DEs out of college are usable in the 3-4.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Agreed. That was a bunch of nonsense. Bowe is one of the best receivers in the league when we can get him the ball. Definitely the best WR the chiefs have had since kennison or alexander.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast