Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 10-15 Pick in 2012 Draft Who Do we take?

Default 10-15 Pick in 2012 Draft Who Do we take?

Alright so what do we know as of this moment about the our Kansas City Chiefs? Look at the depth chart from top to bottom. Look at the record. Look at the stats. Look at the game tape. What do you see?

QB - Matt Cassel's play has been inconsistent with flashes of hope. Overall highly disappointing.

RB - Jackie has shown he can contribute. Slightly inconsistent. But promising especially if paired with a faster more reliable back, aka, Jamal Charles. LeRon has not been as effective as I had hoped but I never truely expected very much out of him.

WR - We have one of the best trios of wideouts in the league in my opinion. We just can't get them the ball.

TE - No help at all.

OL - Started out strong but lately have been iffy.

DL - Changes all around, save for Dorsey, who is still questionable.

LB - Same as DL. Houston shows promise every now and then. Need another ILB and a solid OLB opposite Hali.

DB - The loss of Berry was huge. Carr hasn't been as effective this year. Constantly beat. A pickup at CB to compete with Carr would be nice.

ST - Succop started bad but has been decent so far this year. He is definitely on the hot seat though. Still lacking a solid returner.

So with all that. Who do you take with your first draft pickK?

While I would love to see RGIII in a Chiefs uniform I am almost positive that Pioli will not draft a QB. Cassel will be given another year to prove himself.

I say we go defense. Many will complain that our OL needs immediate improvement. Well I disagree. I say our defense is a more pressing matter. I like these three players.

Manti Te'o/LB/Notre Dame - I like him to be our ILB opposite Johnson. Think Ray Lewis. Not a great pass rusher. But a smart, strong tackler that can cover slower RBs and TEs. Injuries are a concern.

Courtney Upshaw/LB/Alabama - Line him up opposite Hali. Stong and fast. Great Vision. Good motor.

Dontari Poe/DT/Memphis - This one is a stretch for the pick we will probably have. But I think he could be a good NT. He is athletic for his size. Not a great pass rusher but can stuff the run. Raw Talent. Reason I consider him a stretch.

Alright lets hear it.

I'd go OL or DL. It depends on who's available when we pick though.

If/when we have a meltdown with Palko and Stanzi as most people expect they will have no choice but to go QB.

I'd hope that Stanzi can be the guy going forward, he will get second team reps now and they must give him first team reps before the season ends, unless there is a miracle with Tyler.

Today I think RG3 is the guy though.

I would like to see what we have in palko ans Stanzi, but if neither step up I think we should go QB. I think Cassel has lost the teams respect with lack of leadership and if we keep him in there next year will be similar to this year. We have too much talent on this team to be this lost! We need a new leader.

But we have sooooo many needs we should consider best available player outside of WR TE or S.

From here on out, we are going to be a primarily running team that only passes when necessary. So, if we end up in the top 10 of the draft, it means our OL wasnt able to open up holes for Battle or our D has completely collapsed. The former is more likely, and in that event, we HAVE to go OL.

NO QB will make this team competitive with the Packers, Steelers, Ravens and 49ers of the league if we cannot run the ball (save for maybe Peyton Manning 10 years ago - not even the current Peyton).

So, if we are in the top 10, I say take the best OL available.

If we are in the middle of the draft order, then we must have won a couple games from here on out, meaning our OL isnt pathetic.

In that case, I say go Best Player Available among LB, OL, DL, or CB in the first round, or maybe even trading down a couple picks to get another 3rd round pick. 2nd round you pickup BPA from whichever of those positions you didnt pick up.

In general, I believe in drafting a lineman, offensive or defensive, in the first 3 rounds every year, even if you dont have an immediate need. If you think about it this way, there are 8 lineman (5 O, 3 D). If you draft one position every year, then every 8 years you will have drafted a whole new OL and DL. You figure each player sits on the bench a year or two, then that means every 10 years you have a replacement for each position. The life expectancy of most linemen is 10 years (if you subtract any major injuries).

So, even if you were to argue that we dont NEED another OL, then I say draft one anyways, you could always use an upgrade/competition.

If RG3 is there, take him.

Think about this from Pioli's perspective. Since the loss of Charles we have become a pretty much one dimensional team. That single dimension seems to vary from game to game. Sometimes its all run, others it is all pass. Meaning Cassel has to throw to much or not enough. Meaning his play is always going to struggle. Defenses catch on either way. Cassel looks like crap.

Pioli is going to give Cassel one more year. One more year with a team that is healthy. Same with Haley. Whether we like it or not Cassel is our guy next year. A QB will not be taken.

I am predicting a mid 1st round pick. I think we will pull a win or two out of our helmet before the season is done.

I'd like to see us move up to take OT Kalil.

Albert is a bad LOT. Get a legitimate replacement at LOT and Albert is likely a very good ROT, or OG.

Upgrade two o-line positions with one pick, and watch your RBs improve, your QBs improve, and your WRs improve.

But then, I think we have a failure of offensive strategy and overall coaching too.

The players we have on our o-line should be able to do much better than what we have seen the past couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I'd like to see us move up to take OT Kalil.

Albert is a bad LOT. Get a legitimate replacement at LOT and Albert is likely a very good ROT, or OG.

Upgrade two o-line positions with one pick, and watch your RBs improve, your QBs improve, and your WRs improve.

But then, I think we have a failure of offensive strategy and overall coaching too.

The players we have on our o-line should be able to do much better than what we have seen the past couple of weeks.

This isn't a terrible line. The last couple of weeks they were shaky. But the whole team was shaky. That is why we got smashed both weeks. This is just a team with no confidence and no leaders. No one is stepping up and taking charge inside the locker room.

I do agree that Albert is a better guard. That is what he played in college.

Quote Originally Posted by Codac View Post
    This isn't a terrible line. The last couple of weeks they were shaky. But the whole team was shaky. That is why we got smashed both weeks. This is just a team with no confidence and no leaders. No one is stepping up and taking charge inside the locker room.

I do agree that Albert is a better guard. That is what he played in college.
    I think the rest of the offense being shaky is a direct result of terrible o-line play.

I was so hopeful after the unit put together a couple of really good games earlier, but two straight weeks of horrid play, both running, and passing, have eliminated any confidence I had.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast