Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Interesting Fact about Palko I didn't realize...

Default Interesting Fact about Palko I didn't realize...

Didn't put this all together, but heard it, and thought wow....maybe we have something to look forward to.

I knew Palko went to Pitt, but I didn't realize that he was the reason Joe Flacco transferred to Delaware. That might tell us we could have a hidden gem (will found out in about an hour)

Anyways, if he was good enough that Flacco (worthy of a 1st round pick) couldn't supplant him in the starting role, he may be a little more talented than we are expecting.

I know he is fired up to play so I hope he get's the team fired up as well. And maybe gives us a little hope moving forward???

Never Know, this is how Brady got his job (and Cassel too haha)

Diamond in the rough? Hopefully

I see potential

Another interesting fact: he is 28 right now. Another back-up QB got his first NFL start at the age of 28 ... Kurt Warner.

I doubt he is that good, but just an interesting coincidence.

Hidden gem..... cut from 14 teams and 3 different leagues. well OK, I'll have hope too. maybe we get better with age.

very far from being a hidden gem.i do not get why the chiefs do not draft a franchise quarterback.this is getting old

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    very far from being a hidden gem.i do not get why the chiefs do not draft a franchise quarterback.this is getting old
    very old. I'm with you.

Did anyone watch Palko try to make a throw down field tonight? The guy is more inaccurate than Cassel. Hardly a diamond in the rough.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Did anyone watch Palko try to make a throw down field tonight? The guy is more inaccurate than Cassel. Hardly a diamond in the rough.
    Maybe a rough diamond that will never be polished and has several cracks in it? Palko looked like a first game QB should, he avoided the rush pretty decently but when you asked him to throw the ball it was inaccurate at best. He hasn't changed at all since I saw him at training camp.

Palko != starting QB.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    Maybe a rough diamond that will never be polished and has several cracks in it? Palko looked like a first game QB should, he avoided the rush pretty decently but when you asked him to throw the ball it was inaccurate at best. He hasn't changed at all since I saw him at training camp.

Palko != starting QB.
    This was the lone highlight, I applaud him for this.

He was decent in the first half anyway. I really didn't expect anymore than that. I was hoping he would come out and look like Joe Montana and carve up the defense, but expected what we got, so I'm not overly upset or disappointed. I have resigned myself to the fact that this season is over for us and we are going to be looking at an extended preseason for next year for about another month and a half. I don't like it, but unless you want a coronary, sit back and enjoy the show, but DON'T expect to win. It may not happen again this year.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast