Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Denver Releases Kyle Orton

Default Denver Releases Kyle Orton

Adam Schefter reported on Twitter that the Broncos waived Kyle Orton: Twitter

I wouldn't mind the Chiefs picking him up and seeing if he can save the season. Doubt that would be the case, but Kyle Orton is capable of being a mediocre NFL QB.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Through twelve games in 2010, (McDaniels' offense left after twelve) ...

276 completions
    459 attempts
    60.1%
    3487 yards
    20 TDs
    6 INTs
    And 8 of his twelve games he had a QB Rating over 89.

If he had been able to continue at that rate, he would have accumulated 4649 yards. That would have been more than Tom Brady, Drew Brees, and Aaron Rodgers, behind only Peyton Manning, and Phillip Rivers.

Not that I think that is the kind of QB he is...
    But that is where you have to view his potential, because he is capable of doing that.

Neither do I, but if we can get our O-line good like Denvers he could win us a lot of games.

I don't know. I really want to evaluate Stanzi before next season. I'm pretty much over this season. I also don't see Clark taking a gamble like that this late in the season. It's not like we're glowing with post season potential right now.

Quote Originally Posted by 2010chiefs View Post
    I don't know. I really want to evaluate Stanzi before next season. I'm pretty much over this season. I also don't see Clark taking a gamble like that this late in the season. It's not like we're glowing with post season potential right now.
    Imagine how stacked we would be at the QB position if we had Cassel, Orton, and Stanzi. Cassel would have real competition and we would have a real back up for 2.5 millino that's nothing to the Chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by 2010chiefs View Post
    I'm not convinced Stanzi really has anything to offer this team. But Orton on the other hand. He can give this team something. Shoot, if he plays well enough he could make this team his. First we have to get him though.

So the question is how desperate is Clark and Pioli, how far are they willing to go to at least keep us from going first to worst? I say just do it!

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    So the question is how desperate is Clark and Pioli, how far are they willing to go to at least keep us from going first to worst? I say just do it!
    I agree, get him.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Imagine how stacked we would be at the QB position if we had Cassel, Orton, and Stanzi. Cassel would have real competition and we would have a real back up for 2.5 millino that's nothing to the Chiefs.

CASSEL, ORTON AND STANZI! Can't argue with that. Then I say prove to us fans this team wants to win. Give this team a spark and GO GET Kyle Orton!

we definitely could use him, however it may be just as well to let our qbs have their shot to see if palko or stanzi develop, if not then look to next year.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Any QB who has lost his job to Tebow does not need to come here and spread his mediocrity around. I'll pass on Orton and would find someone to challenge Cassel in the off season either via draft or free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I'm 100% in favor of getting Orton. Cut Palko to get him as far as I'm concerned.
    Steelers, Bears, Jets and Packers. This will not be pretty no matter who we have at QB.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast